Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Rroses wrote: »
    Unlike some I try to make my judgements on the evidence of seeing more than a small sample of the programme over less than one week, not on some imaginary bias in the screening process from a disgruntled applicant.
    Next time try reading what is written before commenting. Such lack of basic comprehension skills will not make you a good candidate.

DONTBANME never got as far as the screening ;)
    His 2 "friends" flunked the audition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Very good contestants? I've watched all four shows this week and haven't seen one. Very good judging by your own standards perhaps?

Well as Bradley says at the end of each show
    " if you're good enough, come and have a go"

I'm waiting.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    The only loose connection is the one between your ears where your brain should be.:D:D:D

You really are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Looking forward to the next PM you're going to send. Don't even bother trying to insult me this time. What was it the last time? I type like a 16 year old school girl? It takes someone with a greater intelligence than you to succeed in insulting me.
    I suppose I should end with a :D like you always do.:D:D:D:D

I found the quote in your PM to me
    "Oh and by the way, the word you cannot spell is lose and not loose. Or in your style of writing (that of a teenage girl) LOL"[/B

You know, DONTBANME, for somebody that has slagged me off for my spelling, that sentence doesn't actually make sense. ]

Go to the messages page and put him on the 'ignore list'.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when Bradley says " well played " when it is obvious the contestant was just making blind guesses . The girl yesterday , Charlene , was useless . She only got to the final because she guessed right . She didn't know the top guy at the bank of England was the Governor , she put chairman , the Governor of the B of E is on the news most days . In the final she was even worse , and the achieved 9 steps ! Terrible .
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when Bradley says " well played " when it is obvious the contestant was just making blind guesses . The girl yesterday , Charlene , was useless . She only got to the final because she guessed right . She didn't know the top guy at the bank of England was the Governor , she put chairman , the Governor of the B of E is on the news most days . In the final she was even worse , and the achieved 9 steps ! Terrible .

I think she was rather frustrating the guy at times in the final chase as she seemed to buzz early and pass or give a wrong answer when his expression indicated he might have known it. With two, unless you're sure of the answer eg Pop music, it's often better to defer to the obvious better player, Shaun hinting they could have done with a different "strategy".
    Not that 2 or 3 more would have made much difference.

=
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I think she was rather frustrating the guy at times in the final chase as she seemed to buzz early and pass or give a wrong answer when his expression indicated he might have known it. With two, unless you're sure of the answer eg Pop music, it's often better to defer to the obvious better player, Shaun hinting they could have done with a different "strategy".
    Not that 2 or 3 more would have made much difference.

=

I've seen this happen quite a few times. Makes you wonder why after the cashbuilder, they tell them to take the lower offer cos, "we need you back here". They should add, "As ballast", purely for the extra point. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen this happen quite a few times. Makes you wonder why after the cashbuilder, they tell them to take the lower offer cos, "we need you back here". They should add, "As ballast", purely for the extra point. :D

Or when they are under 25, "They need you for the popular culture"

..in case a "Hit Parade from the last month " question comes up cause you obviously are useless at any other subject.:D

-
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    Well as Bradley says at the end of each show
    " if you're good enough, come and have a go"

I'm waiting.

I always think he's going to say, "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!" His catchphrase doesn't really go.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I just hear that right?!

"What was the horse made of which was used by the Trojans to get into Troy?"
    "Hay?"
    "Er wood but we'll give you that"

Did I mishear?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or when they are under 25, "They need you for the popular culture"

..in case a "Hit Parade from the last month " question comes up cause you obviously are useless at any other subject.:D

-

"Hit Parade"! It's donkey's years since I've heard it called that.
    You must be almost as old as I am !! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I should do.
    The guys a nutter.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just hear that right?!

"What was the horse made of which was used by the Trojans to get into Troy?"
    "Hay?"
    "Er wood but we'll give you that"

Did I mishear?!

He said 'pine' so I suppose this could be correct as I do not think it is specified what type of wood the horse was made from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The good old days when you got the Hit Parade on the wireless every Sunday with Alan Freeman :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew a girl at work whose parents were from Armenia and as Anne said her name did indeed end 'ian' :)
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member

Thamks - done that already, wonderful tool the ignore button, blocks out abusive drunks:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thamks - done that already, wonderful tool the ignore button, blocks out abusive drunks:blush:

I see that you have a red face and have mis-spelt 'thanks'.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. :p
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen Anne struggle so much visibly through a final chase!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good win for the team who all contributed and got most of the pushbacks right which was the difference between winning and losing.
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I see that you have a red face and have mis-spelt 'thanks'.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. :p

That would explain the first part of your user name:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Officially before my time ( born early 60s) but at least I am aware of some events and stuff that happened before I was born.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good win for the team who all contributed and got most of the pushbacks right which was the difference between winning and losing.

Well was going to say, we were due a win today, weren't we? I wonder how many wins have been shown on the Monday or Tuesday episode.
    I actually haven't seen it yet , I usually catch up later online due to poor ITV freeview reception.
    Try to avoid this thread before watching but sometimes like today, dip in.
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If there's only two or three in the final chase and one of them's an obvious good quizzer and the others aren't so good,the good player should be saying,"Right,if you definitely know the answer,buzz in. otherwise do nothing. I'll do the rest." You are looking for the good quizzer to maybe get fifteen right and the support players to maybe pick up four or five that the main player doesn't know. This will set a reasonable target and get through as many questions as possible. The support players should NEVER buzz in and pass or guess - that's the main player's job,unless the main player completely loses it and is spending ages on a question. I have no idea if teams have such "team talks" before the final chase - but if they're not,they should be.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Istanbul is in Europe, not the Middle East.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Istanbul is in Europe, not the Middle East.

Can be considered to be in both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do understand that that post was not intended for you?

No, I didn't think so:)
This discussion has been closed.