Neighbour Blasting Music @ 3am

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
Forum Member
One of my neighbours is blasting out music, the thing is, I'm not entirely sure which neighbour it is.
It has never really happened before, or at least it hasn't woke me before.

Should I call my local police station to complain?
I am pretty sure that I am not the only person to have been woken up by this person's early morning wake up call of one of Eminem's early albums!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Argh forget that, it seems they have turned the music off now.
    Typical.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know about the police thing, I called them out once as I saw someone trying to break into a neighbours flat, they replied that maybe the chap was just visiting and nothing more was done.

But until this gets sorted I can recommend wax-earplugs from Boots. Not the foam ones, the mouldable(?) wax ones. They got me through many-many a-night, and many afternoons and mornings of 'king neighbours blasted tunes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^so all's quiet down your end of town now :)

The things about the wax ear plugs still stands though, but hopefully this was just a one-off and not a sign of things to come :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^so all's quiet down your end of town now :)

The things about the wax ear plugs still stands though, but hopefully this was just a one-off and not a sign of things to come :eek:

www.allearplugs.com

they have larger wax ear plugs. IMO better -the Boots ones were too small IMO.
  • technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police won't come - its the council who have to deal with it. Unless you go over and kick the door down ofcourse.

Funnily enough the council are not available at 3am.........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be an idea to keep a note of the time and date and length of this audio invasion. Not an ongoing problem at the mo, but if it turns into one then having shed loads of data might help your cause.
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I got drunk the other week and woke up on the sofa with one of eminems early albums blasting out :o Hope it wasn't me! hehe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can usually contact the duty officer at the Council anytime of the day or night. The police don't have powers relating to noise nuisance but the local councils do. But some councils only noise noise patrols and the weekends. Speak to Environmental Health for advice on what to do if it happens again and keep a noise diary for evidence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I had same problem.

Call up Environmental Health