Options

Criminal Minds S7 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    S07E04: 'Painless' - October 12th

Synopsis for this weeks episode, which seems like a good one :D
    Survivors of a high school massacre in Boise return to remember the event 10 years later, but the BAU team is called in when a new killer with a similar style targets the survivors. Also, Hotch is worried that his son, Jack, may be a victim of school bullying.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DGoing to put most of this in spoilers in case Jo hasn't seen it yet.

No Spoiler - another good (if not outstanding) episode.

In some scenes TG still looks too thin, but not quite as gaunt as previous episodes.

Spoiler stuff

Like I said, another good episode. But not brilliant.

The good. Some very nice personal touches - Jack being bullied & his solution & Hotch's solution. Quite sweet but not sickly. Morgan and Reid's prank war:eek::D Was watching an episode of Johnny Test today that had a prank war - think that's where CM got the idea lol. If this is carried over throughout the season, Morgan is in for a world of hurt. "Do not piss off a MIT graduate":D

Well acted, dramatic tension, suspense. I truely hadn't spotted the protagonist/unsub before he was pointed out - literaly as the profile had predicted. Some good misdirection went on.

Down side - To be honest, it is probably expecting too high a standard from CM regarding profiles, medical conditions and 'the real world'

The original killer didn't sit right. Might have been part of the misdirection, but it jarred.

And the medical condition where you don't feel pain - again it was almost like the writers said - oooh this sounds good, lets write an episode for this. If he didn't feel pain, why did he fall down when shot? Surely he would have just been slightly winded? It was totally unnecessary - the blond guy taking his story was enough of a motivation along with 'being invisible'. No need for not feeling pain. Wierd.

On the whole, 45 mins well spent watching the episode:D
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    First ep this series I've liked tbh don't know why but the last few eps were crap and I was considering giving up but this one while not unmissable was much better.
    Also is there anyone else that has done almost every detective show the guy that played gerry I'm pretty sure has done the lot I've seen him get killed about 5 times
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when we were shown the "therapy group sesh" and the camera panned across the "I've seen you before, playing wackos in many series" guy I just KNEW he was the wrong-doer. -> though I didn't guess the "other guy stole his story" trigger thing, which defn would have pissed me off had that happened to me (not that I'da used that as a reason to kill a bunch of people.. honest !!)
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best episode so far. I was actually able to get fully engrossed in a case without any distractions trying to fix the damage from the last series. The team worked well and I hope there are no character changes this year.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I really enjoyed that.

Nice misdirection on the unsub, Morgan and Reid's prank war was quality, I so hope that continues, or they could have them getting closer ;):D

Nice to know JJ and Emily managed to keep in touch when Emily was in Paris.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :DGoing to put most of this in spoilers in case Jo hasn't seen it yet.

No Spoiler - another good (if not outstanding) episode.

In some scenes TG still looks too thin, but not quite as gaunt as previous episodes.

Spoiler stuff

On the whole, 45 mins well spent watching the episode:D

No, I haven't seen it yet! Been too busy playing The Sims 3 LOL
    I slowly scrolled down this page, to avoid anything too spoilerish, and got as far as your post don't think I will scroll any further lol

It does look like a great episode though, so I will watch it tonight!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im visiting my friend just now, so ive missed out on all my tv this week! (but made up for it in wine) i wont see ep4 till about monday now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just caught up!

Criminal Minds is back with a bang!

Great episode, loved it start to finish! Good use of misdirection, I thought it was Gerry after Emily interviewed him!

Loved the prank wars between Reid and Morgan especially Reid's frustration on getting all the calls and his payback. Arghhhhh arghhhh arghhh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reid's payback WAS great, but Morgan being all miffed at being on the receiving end, and going all "I'll get you back for that" was a tad confusing since it was HE who instigated things in the beginning with the "call me Dr Reid" thing so should he be all "ok, now we're even" ? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Reid's payback WAS great, but Morgan being all miffed at being on the receiving end, and going all "I'll get you back for that" was a tad confusing since it was HE who instigated things in the beginning with the "call me Dr Reid" thing so should he be all "ok, now we're even" ? :confused:

I've got a suspicion that the pranks have been going on for some time, off screen, as Reid mentioned about Morgan 'teaching' Reid how to play pool, when in fact Reid was hustling him, and was already quite good at it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I recall Reid mentioning something about pool, but must have missed the teacher-Morgan bit, darn my flats closeness to that noisy road. :grrrr:

But if it IS an ongoing thing . tit for tat for tit for tat ...... - then my "tad confusing" has left :) - Go Reid !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    S07E04: 'From Childhood's Hour' - October 19th

Synopsis for this weeks episode, which seems like another good one, and we get to see some more of a character's personal side, which looks like it could be an ongoing arc, as they are mentioned in next weeks also :D
    The BAU team investigates the abductions of young children with troubled mothers in St. Louis. Also, Rossi reconnects with his first wife who has shocking news for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is going on in Criminal Minds?

Another weak episode - dull, plodding, predictable, clichéd, poor guest cast over acting. I found myself more interested in the Rossi reveal even though I had guessed from the start what it was (spoiler for Jo's sake incase she gets busy with the Sims again!!)
    Well, I'd guessed Cancer, probably brain tumor, so I got the wrong terminal disease

And disappointed in JMs acting in that scene.

Even the humour - teasing Reid about the number of shoes women have - was clichéd.

I usually try to counter balance with the good about the episode. Ermmm. Hotch doesn't seem so thin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, doesn't sound too good!
    No, I haven't watched it yet, The Sims 3 Pets was released yesterday, so everything is on hold! lol

I will catch up with it in the next couple of days though.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is going on in Criminal Minds?

Another weak episode - dull, plodding, predictable, clichéd, poor guest cast over acting. I found myself more interested in the Rossi reveal even though I had guessed from the start what it was (spoiler for Jo's sake incase she gets busy with the Sims again!!)
    Well, I'd guessed Cancer, probably brain tumor, so I got the wrong terminal disease

And disappointed in JMs acting in that scene.

Even the humour - teasing Reid about the number of shoes women have - was clichéd.

I usually try to counter balance with the good about the episode. Ermmm. Hotch doesn't seem so thin.

I don't disagree with much of that, but I'll bet it's an episode that I watch again. It was easy viewing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^re-watching a Criminal Minds ep ?! <- never done THAT before !! Some series lend themselves to repeated viewings (like Leverage and Life) but I put CM with the various CSIs in the (while I do like 'em) methinksnot list.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the episode and it was the first time that it was just the team getting on with the job and no mention of Prentice being gone. It's back on track and I'm looking forward to the next episode :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've still not watched last weeks episode lol
    Going to catch it today though!

S07E04: 'Epilogue' - November 2nd

Synopsis for this weeks episode.
    The BAU search California's Angeles National Forest after a number of bodies mysteriously turn up in the mountain lakes there. Also, Rossi struggles with an agonizing decision regarding his ex-wife.

o0o at next week's episode too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    I've still not watched last weeks episode lol
    Going to catch it today though!

S07E04: 'Epilogue' - November 2nd

Synopsis for this weeks episode.
    The BAU search California's Angeles National Forest after a number of bodies mysteriously turn up in the mountain lakes there. Also, Rossi struggles with an agonizing decision regarding his ex-wife.

o0o at next week's episode too!

That is actually, Episode 06, not 04, I forgot to change it lol
    And it is next weeks episode, it seems there is no episode this week! I paid no attention to the date lol
    So it looks like I still have a week to watch last weeks episode lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have ep 4 and 5 to watch tomorrow! not seen any of my tv programs while i was visiting my mate, 2 weeks without CM isnt my idea of fun :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at last ep6 is getting aired in the US tomorrow! hate when they have these breaks in the middle of a series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just watched episodes 5 & 6.

I thought ep. 5 was okay, but another one where was saw who the unsub was fairly early on :( I prefer the ones where we get to see who it is, closer to the end!

I found ep. 6 very hard to watch, not because I thought it was crap or anything, but because of the drowning aspect of the story as my brother drowned at the beginning of this year, so I found it tough to watch :cry:

But I did think the story had an interest aspect to it, so despite being a little distressed about the drowing side of ep.6 I thought the rest of the episode was good, though I did think it was unfair of Rossi's wife to ask him to do that for her, and she knew it too by doing what she did.

Anyways, synopsis for next weeks episode:

S07E07: 'There's No Place Like Home' - November 9th
    When a series of tornadoes hits Kansas, the BAU is called in to investigate bodies of young boys that turn up in the aftermath of the storms. Also, work pressures cause tension on JJ's home front.

Recurring characters: Josh Stewart as William LaMontagne, Jr. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    I found ep. 6 very hard to watch, not because I thought it was crap or anything, but because of the drowning aspect of the story as my brother drowned at the beginning of this year, so I found it tough to watch :cry:

though I did think it was unfair of Rossi's wife to ask him to do that for her, and she knew it too by doing what she did.
    ]

yeah, i agree with you about Rossi's wife, i found it really unfair to, the end scene with him holding her brought a wee tear to my eye though.

sorry about your brother, i cant understand why it was difficult for you to watch that one ((hugs))

also, where have you been, i thought i was left all alone on this thread :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been without broadband at home so only just caught up with ep 6 & 7

Sorry for your loss Jo - recall the thread about it, Terribly sad.

Very much understand why the episode would be hard to watch:(

This series I haven't liked the episodes where we know the unsub from the beginning, but in both episodes 6 & 7 this ploy did work. Neither were exceptional episodes, but neither were bad. The guest cast in both were good enough and there was some tension - will mum and son be rescued(6)? Will Big Bro(7)?

The sub plots though - I agree entirely about Rossi's ex wife. That was so unfair of her. And was there a point to that? OK we know a little more about Rossi, but will that really affect how we view him? Certainly not in the same league as Reid's Mum or Hotch/Reaper

As for JJ & Will, this feels like a re-run of Hotch and Hailey. I really hope not - one family needs to stay together! And I'm going to say - I have a nasty feeling that there is going to be some kind of trist between Hotch and JJ. Perhaps not a full blown affair, but something. I really hope not, but I worry we are heading that way.

So, over all....watchable. Entertainment. Not classic CM but has retained one viewer.

And on Hotch Watch - he does still look thin but not unhealthy. TG seems to have cut some fair body fat (shows in his face) but the tighter clothes and bare fore-arms of ep 6 show that he isn't wasting away.