Peter and Kerry are at it again

15678911»

Comments

• ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    Good post and point:). But I still disagree that mentioning them on Twitter is the same as taking them on vacations to Dubai to do a magazine shoot ot going to Australia with them and taking a reality crew all the while bragging that your taking them on a trip alone for the first time despite the fact a CAN employee is with you or showing their pictures in concert. Funny how he threw a fit when KP wanted to use Princess for her make up range but he's fine having their pictures in his concerts. Mentioning them on Twitter or occassionally in a column is,to me,no different than when parents mention their kids in conversation.

I never said any of the highlighted text was the same as posting about them on Twitter. :confused:

I am saying and have said...it is still keeping them in the public eye on a very public forum and therefore keeping them in the "limelight" (another saying which does not actually mean them being under the light of a lime) :D and/or bringing them to the attention of the public (yes tweeters are the public in real life). :D:D

I am not comparing PA's usage to KP's usage. I am stating KP made a statement and has not kept to it. PA did not make this same statement. Simple. ;) :rolleyes: :)
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I saw a photo of Alex, Katie and the children in one of the mags this week[sorry cannot remember which] I thought she wasn t going to do it any more.
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annw wrote: »
    I thought I saw a photo of Alex, Katie and the children in one of the mags this week[sorry cannot remember which] I thought she wasn t going to do it any more.

Was it a posed photo or paparazzi one? It could have been old if it was from a shoot but if it's new then she's blatantly contradicting herself. Not that it would be new or unusual for her to do so:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    I never said any of the highlighted text was the same as posting about them on Twitter. :confused:

I am saying and have said...it is still keeping them in the public eye on a very public forum and therefore keeping them in the "limelight" (another saying which does not actually mean them being under the light of a lime) :D and/or bringing them to the attention of the public (yes tweeters are the public in real life). :D:D

I am not comparing PA's usage to KP's usage. I am stating KP made a statement and has not kept to it. PA did not make this same statement. Simple. ;) :rolleyes: :)

Yes i'm aware what limelight is and thank you for that:rolleyes: Katie never said she wouldn't mention them she just mainly stated photo shoots and reality shows as her main complaint in terms of them being in the public eye. Now when she uses them in a photo shoot or reality show I will agree she is not keeping to her statement but until then saying she's not keeping to her statement is untrue:)
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annw wrote: »

You have to be able to post a link or at least name the magazine for this to be credible!:D
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i'm aware what limelight is and thank you for that:rolleyes: Katie never said she wouldn't mention them she just mainly stated photo shoots and reality shows as her main complaint in terms of them being in the public eye. Now when she uses them in a photo shoot or reality show I will agree she is not keeping to her statement but until then saying she's not keeping to her statement is untrue:)

Their her Life, of course she's going to mention them on Twitter and the like. Some people simply want to much.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Their her Life, of course she's going to mention them on Twitter and the like. Some people simply want to much.:D

Such as sticking to her statement that she wants them out of the public eye. ;):D:D
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your talking about the god awful talk show they did then how do you know Katie's the reason it was canceled? I personally wouldn't be surprised seeing as she came off as icy and bitchy and he was warm and likable but how do you actually know for a fact she was the reason? As for his music the only successful album he had during their relationship was the duets album with her and they both did interviews. He was a has been when he got with her and for the longest was Mr. Katie Price. She at the time was more high profile then him and it kept him in the spotlight. No one is praising that moron Alex for anything, at least PA has a few skills unlike Alex.

How do you know it was god awful? It wasn't on in America was it? How would you know she came over icy & bitchy? Are you actually from America?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    How do you know it was god awful? It wasn't on in America was it? How would you know she came over icy & bitchy? Are you actually from America?

:rolleyes: Have you never heard of you tube? Plainly not.

And that's a rather unnecessarily aggressive post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Yes I have heard of youtube. Plainly not?
    I doubt if they let it filter to USA. I would have liked a reply from BReal2, as that's who I asked the question of. Thanks anyway.
    Plus it wasn't aggressive, most of what it says in my post was what BReal had put originally. I only asked if she was actually from America.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only if you interpret it that way. I just thought they were asking a question? :confused::)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt if they let it filter to USA. I would have liked a reply from BReal2, as that's who I asked the question of. Thanks anyway.
    Plus it wasn't aggressive, most of what it says in my post was what BReal had put originally. I only asked if she was actually from America.

Incorrect. The youtube uploads are accessible in the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incorrect. The youtube uploads are accessible in the US.

Well I guess I know what my answer from BReal is going to be now & I'll never know what the answer might have been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course i'm from America but I do have family and friends in England. I discovered Katie and Peter when they came to America in 2006 and had a reality show here on the E! channel. I saw the talk show on youtube that's how I know Katie came off snotty and bitchy acting imo towards guests, particularly during an interview with Nicole Scherzinger who she was blatantly jealous of. Hope that satisfies your need to know about me.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only asked if you were from America, mainly because I would have thought there are plenty of celebs & zelebs over there, without scraping the bottom of the UK barrel.:)(note smiely, non aggressive post)

But what happens when the bottom of the UK barrel tries to invade the US as Peter and Katie attempted in 2006?;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I guess I know what my answer from BReal is going to be now & I'll never know what the answer might have been.

Why are you assuming I copy Lexi's answers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that she should be encouraged to put herself back on track, in whatever form that may be. Whether it be in the public eye, her home life etc, because I believe one will lead to the other. If she feels good about herself and feels like she is making a "comeback", then she is going to have less of a reason to go back to drug abuse. Also if she fixes her life at home, that will spill out into the public domain. The point I am trying to make is, do not criticise her for trying to sort herself out. Even if her motives are selfish, sorting herself out will undoubtedly aid her children and be of benefit to them. Also this ice skating thing will no doubt help her focus if she is indeed recovering from addiction, Kelly Osbourne gave her stint on a similar show credit for helping her focus and sort her life out.

So instead of kicking her while she's down and reminding her of all of the mistakes she keeps making, either ignore her or encourage her, because whether the fix is being done for her own selfish reasons or for her kids, the outcome will benefit her and her kids life massively if she is successful.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,911
    Forum Member
    But is she on track, is she getting proper help or just an image makeover?

I saw a promo where I think she said she was at a Boot Camp because she could not afford rehab.

The Boot Camp just happens to be on the books of her agent/publicist.

The main purpose of the Boot Camp seems to be to lose weight. It may offer a short term feel good factor but long term?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,911
    Forum Member
    So instead of kicking her while she's down and reminding her of all of the mistakes she keeps making, either ignore her or encourage her, because whether the fix is being done for her own selfish reasons or for her kids, the outcome will benefit her and her kids life massively if she is successful.

Having seen an interview of her agent's boyfriend (Neville?) who makes the TV programmes it was clear just saw it as a job with financial rewards.

I didn't get the impression he was a social worker.

She doesn't seem to have a career, merely fame and income based on the ups and down of her media life.

Her character isn't suited to fame, if it was she wouldn't have messed up so often. She has constantly been doing things in her private life for commercial reasons.

Doing the 'rehab' as part of TV contract is yet another example of doing something for the cameras/money rather than herself.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    But is she on track, is she getting proper help or just an image makeover?

I saw a promo where I think she said she was at a Boot Camp because she could not afford rehab.

The Boot Camp just happens to be on the books of her agent/publicist.

The main purpose of the Boot Camp seems to be to lose weight. It may offer a short term feel good factor but long term?

I'm so cynical of everything I see in that show I just automatically assume if Katona is eating a brand of pizza, then her agent has negotiated an advertising fee from the company. I'm not surprised to find out Boot Camp has a connection.

I feel she's getting a PR makeover primarily and a bit of emotional support via those two very expensive 'coaches' and her agent's high level of contact. However, as is generally believed by therapists and mental health professionals, someone with Katona's horrific childhood background and history of drug use and co-dependence needs a high level of both intervention and support for a very long time. Having said that, she's as daft as a brush, not exactly the reflective or analytical type, it does seems she may be better off with the Claire version of that than a couple of months in the priory followed by a mental breakdown and her kids ending up with no mum.