Emmerdale: Is Ross Barton really dead?

Comments

• Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he hooks up with Carly again; a much more believable pairing.

Anyone would be better than Dour Debbie.

Agreed, I can't take much more of those two, she really dragged him down. Carly would be a good fit, they had good chemistry but I don't think she'll give him the time of day now. Maybe they will put him with Chrissy, that is the paring a lot of people want to see.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm joining Emmerdale as an irish relative of eric's. I get to be Ross's new totty :p

****** stares jealously *******

lol ! ;)
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could have a personality transplant and be nice. It would really freak his family out! :D
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    If the powers that be they'll forget about the awful Debbie and Ross pairing and go for Ross and Chrissie.
  • CS_EDCS_ED Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I'm glad. He can now remember Debola is a serious virus :D

Haha I doubt it, although I think he's better off single :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrissie/Ross pairing anyone. Yes purlease
  • Mint-OpinionMint-Opinion Posts: 16,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone really believe that Ross was dead? I mean it was pretty obvious from the begining when Pete "buried" Ross underneath a flimsy canopy of leaves and branches.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    :D:D Yes!!!

knew he was alive but what a shock tonight.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone really believe that Ross was dead? I mean it was pretty obvious from the begining when Pete "buried" Ross underneath a flimsy canopy of leaves and branches.

Yes lots of people did. See the poll and there were loads of people saying we were deluded in thinking that he was alive and should "get over it". I knew I was right :D:D:D (and I don't care how smug I sound :p).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plenty did. I myself thought he was off to do other work but that the grave would always be rediscovered empty as they would not want to kill the character off in case he wanted to return in the future. As it is, it lookd like he's back soon. Great!
  • snoozefoozesnoozefooze Posts: 103
    Forum Member

I second this!!! Please dont put him back with dreadful debbie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    :D:D Yes!!!

knew he was alive but what a shock tonight.

I loved that end scene. As soon as I saw the hands and the camera panned up to the nurse...

ED has been on fire lately!! :p
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved that end scene. As soon as I saw the hands and the camera panned up to the nurse...

I was shocked to see him comatose although maybe he was sleeping for the Pete scenes :p
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a really well done reveal actually. I was expecting him to just turn up and surprise Pete or maybe a shot of him lurking around the village. It was more realistic with him being in hospital rather than just having got up and walked away.
  • wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently so. It was obvious he was alive.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sort of stupid.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

Yes! :D
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member

Definitely. They need to win more awards.

Can't wait for Pete and everyone to see him
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    YES!! I cheered at the last scene ! I'm so excited! This is brilliant!

haha I did too ! :D
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy days, glad he alive and here to stay for awhile hopefully, was unsure but the scenes was pretty open ended, Mike Parr is a asset to the show and Ross is a great character, I know he marmite for some but so is a lot of popular characters.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New he was alive. Great seeing Ross at the end
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    How could 33% of people be so gullible and so wrong. Michael, Emmerdale and Kate Oate's never confirmed that he was dead and other than Micahel's obviously fake "Goodbye" it was quite obvious by the way it was portrayed on screen that Ross was not dead.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I have never been happier... not that I once thought he was actually dead.
  • CS_EDCS_ED Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    I have never been happier... not that I once thought he was actually dead.

Yes I agree, he is, IMO, one of the best actors in Emmerdale
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing reminds me of Joey in Friends. He got sacked from Days of Our Lives and his character was killed by falling down a lift shaft. When they rehired Joey, it turned out Dr Drake Ramorez wasn't dead but in a coma, with serious facial injuries, and being cared for by his previously unmentioned s identical twin brother. They should have done that with Ross:D