Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If ever there was proof needed that the format for deciding the winner in this show should fall on more than just what payments are made, then this week's was it! That horrible bint sealed the fate of Richard's B&B by being spiteful enough to slash his payment by half, and for no other reason than she didn't like him for daring to criticise her make believe Victorian villa :mad: Surely if the scores given on the feedback forms were taken into account it would make it fairer, after all the Ayah Villa boys were impossible to beat with being so much cheaper than all the rest.

As for that cow Sharon, I dislike her intensely, not least for making me wish like I never have before that someone's business fails! She deserves it after showing herself up for the rotten to the core bitch that she is!
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't tolerate Richard to begin and I can see her reasoning about Richard's comments - they were harsh however, as the week has gone on Richard has come off so much better than Sharon. Her comments and picking at odd things like Richard hotel being pet friendly just came off as being petty and its made up.
    I actually felt like I wanted to stick up for Richard.

This ^^ totally agree

Also, if one of the group is on their own, then either leave it at that or allow their "companion" some say. It really pees me off when the "friend" says bugger all :mad:
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,615
    Forum Member
    If ever there was proof needed that the format for deciding the winner in this show should fall on more than just what payments are made, then this week's was it! That horrible bint sealed the fate of Richard's B&B by being spiteful enough to slash his payment by half, and for no other reason than she didn't like him for daring to criticise her make believe Victorian villa :mad: Surely if the scores given on the feedback forms were taken into account it would make it fairer, after all the Ayah Villa boys were impossible to beat with being so much cheaper than all the rest.

As for that cow Sharon, I dislike her intensely, not least for making me wish like I never have before that someone's business fails! She deserves it after showing herself up for the rotten to the core bitch that she is!

But Sharon gave Richard ridiculously low scores too. I would have liked Richard to have called her on her low scoring.
    I did wonder if the Ayah Villa normally charges so little. My first thoughts were that they would win if only by being 'value for money'.
  • Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member

And not the fact that the "B&B" wasn't actually his and he came across as one of the most smarmy full of himself gits to ever appear on TV?

The first rule should be that contestants on this show actually own the place they are promoting"!
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Richard didn't do himself any favours by being so smarmy and smug, but Sharon was just so petty and vindictive in her feedback and payment that I ended up feeling quite sorry for him.

His B&B is a fairly bog standard roadhouse charging a fair price for pretty standard accommodation.... that bathroom wasn't dangerous - and if the pet friendly room really upset the silly moo that much - Im sure there was a non pet room available - but how does someone with allergies cope with all the dust on top of the four poster in her own bedroom, and the dander from her own pet cat which sleeps in the room with her?

She just couldn't cope with the fact that someone didnt lilke her pet project - I totally understood his funeral parlour comment, and in this day and age - a shared bathroom is not a huge selling point is it.

Without her stupid payment - she would definitely have finished last and Richard's place deserved to come second (I marked the Flying Bull down for the tiny beds......)
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Richards place will probably be the winners in the long term anyway with all the publicity his place has received and Witchy Poo will probably be out of business this time next year and end her years living like Miss Havisham in her Victorian museum.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Richard didn't do himself any favours by being so smarmy and smug, but Sharon was just so petty and vindictive in her feedback and payment that I ended up feeling quite sorry for him.

His B&B is a fairly bog standard roadhouse charging a fair price for pretty standard accommodation.... that bathroom wasn't dangerous - and if the pet friendly room really upset the silly moo that much - Im sure there was a non pet room available - but how does someone with allergies cope with all the dust on top of the four poster in her own bedroom, and the dander from her own pet cat which sleeps in the room with her?

She just couldn't cope with the fact that someone didnt lilke her pet project - I totally understood his funeral parlour comment, and in this day and age - a shared bathroom is not a huge selling point is it.

Without her stupid payment - she would definitely have finished last and Richard's place deserved to come second (I marked the Flying Bull down for the tiny beds......)

I don't understand why Richard never mentioned the dust on the canopy nor that he didn't have an en-suite for the price he was charged :confused: They would have been the first things to throw in her vile face, well I would.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Just watched all this weeks episodes and the right team won but sharon was nothing but a drama queen with her over acting to go with it. She made sure that she would finish above richard with that pathetic payment, i hope she goes out of business for that, i would not pay more than £25 for her room.

I'm just glad everyone else noticed her been spitfull
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »

I would never stay anywhere where I would have to share a bathroom - I have my own at home. :D Would hate to have to go out of my room to go to the loo especially at night and you could guarantee there would be someone in there even then.

Does anybody know the viewing figures for this series - wondered how it would affect anybody's business - good or bad.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaybs wrote: »
    Sadly I found both Sharon and Richard as bad as each other, they both completely spoiled this weeks show. It would not be for me a Victorian Villa, that is just personal preference. But then again I would Never stay in a B&B or Hotel who allows pets in bedrooms. It was like the days of smoking in bedrooms, I hated that as a non smoker and I do not like pets, you can tell when they have been in a room.

I take it you've made a point of never travelling in France then because all hotels accept dogs in that country and they dont even have to advertise the fact that they do...it is a given ;)

I dont know about being able to tell when pets have been in a room but you certainly can tell when a bunch of homosapiens have been in residence....:cool:

Sharon: had I been at that table I'd have thrown a glass of water in her face to shut her up towards the end...she was trying to have the last word and I haaate people like that :mad:
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a bloke I'm not bothered by shared facilities - so long as there's enough to avoid queuing!
    But to charge £165 and still have to share is stupid. And yet this was never mentioned?
    Also surprised that Miss Haversham and Madge didn't mention how narrow the beds were at the Flying Bull, nor did Wak mention how he was hanging out of the bottom of his.

Daisydee - reviews on Trip advisor suggest they were charging £55 in August - this was filmed in the Spring so maybe it was a low season rate or they took the advice and upped their prices (a tiny bit!):D
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Being a bloke I'm not bothered by shared facilities - so long as there's enough to avoid queuing!
    But to charge £165 and still have to share is stupid. And yet this was never mentioned?
    Also surprised that Miss Haversham and Madge didn't mention how narrow the beds were at the Flying Bull, nor did Wak mention how he was hanging out of the bottom of his.

Daisydee - reviews on Trip advisor suggest they were charging £55 in August - this was filmed in the Spring so maybe it was a low season rate or they took the advice and upped their prices (a tiny bit!):D

No way in the world would I pay £165 a night only to share a toilet and a bath with complete strangers...I dont want to sit on a toilet seat first thing in the morning still warm from the backside of the man down the hallway :cool:
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way in the world would I pay £165 a night only to share a toilet and a bath with complete strangers...I dont want to sit on a toilet seat first thing in the morning still warm from the backside of the man down the hallway :cool:

lol :D
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way in the world would I pay £165 a night only to share a toilet and a bath with complete strangers...I ydont want to sit on a toilet seat first thing in the morning still warm from the backside of the man down the hallwa :cool:

Shuddering at the thought:eek:
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad Ayah Villa won - lovely guys. :cool:
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or having to wipe a strangers pee off the seat before you can take a tinkle :o
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

B & Bs were all like that not too many years ago. We coped.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    B & Bs were all like that not too many years ago. We coped.

Indded we did, but we paid a price which was compatible with such facilities, not the same as a hotel with a four star rating down the road! That was the difference in B&B accommodation and a hotel - years ago! But I think, personally, the whole industry has lost the run of itself in one way or another! With the result that all people are expecting as much as possible for as little as possible with the result that it is impossible to please everyone. Who would be a hotelier/guesthouse owner nowadays? Not me, that's for certain!
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she had to give Richard £62.50! ................

Which was still 25% more than she thought the Ayah Villa was worth.

This exposes (although everyone knows anyway) the main flaw in the programme. The contestants aren't paying what they think a place was worth; they're paying the proportion of the asking price they think it's worth.

Personally, I'd have thought the Ayah Villa worth at least £75 a night.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member

I lived like that for 17 years in a bedsit. It was the women who were the worst shares, leaving big wet footprints on the floor after their showers. They'd ALWAYS leave it to someone else to clean out the plughole.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Also the chap with the muscles, would like to hire him as my minder ;)

I know!
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    The poor little woman next to Sharon reminds me of Madge next to Dame Edna!

yes yes yes yes yes! Thanks for the giggle.
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's probably the closest I'll ever get to a man's bare backside now. :D
  • Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Which was still 25% more than she thought the Ayah Villa was worth.

This exposes (although everyone knows anyway) the main flaw in the programme. The contestants aren't paying what they think a place was worth; they're paying the proportion of the asking price they think it's worth.

Personally, I'd have thought the Ayah Villa worth at least £75 a night.

Really? It wasn't all that and I reckon the breakfast bought especially for the filming wasn't what is usually served.

Probably just cereal & toast.

Richard was a self satisfied smug git who, according to tripadvisor & his many responses doesn't take too kindly to criticism.

Also shouldn't this only have people on who actually own their B&Bs not just managers? This is Barry from Birmingham who runs a 49 room bed and breakfast. It's called a Travelodge.

Sharon was just a huge snob with an Essex accent. Such a hypocrite complaining about there being no wi fi on the 1st night yet turning her house into something, literally out of the Victorian times.

Shazza, love - they didn't have the internet back then and your dictatorship & ordering around of staff just to fulfill your terrible acting fantasy was just a massive embarrassment!

A pair of thoroughly unpleasant individuals who, unsurprisingly weren't married. I wonder why.....
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    Really? It wasn't all that and I reckon the breakfast bought especially for the filming wasn't what is usually served.

Probably just cereal & toast.

A quick scan through tripadvisor suggests that a generous continental is standard. They may have got even more in for the cameras, but there doesn't seem to be any complaints from the punters.
This discussion has been closed.