iPad Air and connectivity

allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
Forum Member
✭✭
I have an eighteen month old iPad Air. For the last few months I've had enormous trouble connecting to the internet. I have the wavy bars at the top which indicate that I'm connected to Wi-Fi but I often can't download emails, photos on Facebook and the sorts of games which require internet connection.
I've turned wi-fi on and off, re-booted the router and switched off and on the ipad ... it does help most of the time but then the agonising wait to load pages begins again!
I've looked in Apple forums but haven't seen any discussion that helps (not one I understand anyway!)
Has anyone had this problem or knows how to solve it, please!
My Android phone and mini tab have had NO such issues!

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried telling the iPad to "forget" the connection then re-connect from scratch again. You will need to know the WiFi security password as it will ask for it again if you do this.

I have used this trick on a couple of iPads that have done the same as yours and got them back online again. It can also work on iPhones and other devices, including Android and Windows devices.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    I have an eighteen month old iPad Air. For the last few months I've had enormous trouble connecting to the internet. I have the wavy bars at the top which indicate that I'm connected to Wi-Fi but I often can't download emails, photos on Facebook and the sorts of games which require internet connection.
    I've turned wi-fi on and off, re-booted the router and switched off and on the ipad ... it does help most of the time but then the agonising wait to load pages begins again!
    I've looked in Apple forums but haven't seen any discussion that helps (not one I understand anyway!)

That isn't possible. The iPad Air only came out in oct 2013.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member

Do you get the same issues on say a free public wifi? If not try changing the wifi channel, it might be that if new wifi networks are operating near to you your iPad might not like it.

If that fails try a wipe and reset of the iPad.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Have you tried telling the iPad to "forget" the connection then re-connect from scratch again. You will need to know the WiFi security password as it will ask for it again if you do this.

I have used this trick on a couple of iPads that have done the same as yours and got them back online again. It can also work on iPhones and other devices, including Android and Windows devices.

Chris - thank you so much. I've tried that and it seems to have worked! Much appreciate your advice!:):)

kidspud wrote: »
    That isn't possible. The iPad Air only came out in oct 2013.
    :blush::blush:You're right - I got it soon after Oct last year- even more reason it shouldn't go wrong!
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris - thank you so much. I've tried that and it seems to have worked! Much appreciate your advice!:):)

:blush::blush:You're right - I got it soon after Oct last year- even more reason it shouldn't go wrong!

But the good news is, it is under warranty and will be replaced if faulty.

Glad you seem to have solved your problem.