Options

I've worked out what's wromg with Nikki

Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Too many people keep talking and treating her like a little special needs child and telling her how great she is. and it goes to her head and she thinks that she's really special and she in return acts more like a special needs person and starts talking like a big baby!

Comments

• Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spidey1 wrote: »
    Too many people keep talking and treating her like a little special needs child and telling her how great she is. and it goes to her head and she thinks that she's really special and she in return acts more like a special needs person and starts talking like a big baby!

I agree.

She gets to live in her own fantasy World because people (like Big Brother and the press/media) let her (so she has never grown up and lived in the real hustle bustle World she's too protected), but she is too dense to realise they are actually using her as a special needs child to gain ratings and make money out of her. People laugh at her, not with her.. I mean who wants to be famous for that? it is kind of sad.. :(
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that earlier, people including Emma, Rylan and BB fans baby her too much and call her pathetic tantrums legendary, hence why still at 33 and 9 years later she still acts 7 :(
  • Options
    GottaBeAdoredGottaBeAdored Posts: 11,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might as well have gave her a tiara and carried her around on their shoulders tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    I said that earlier, people including Emma, Rylan and BB fans baby her too much and call her pathetic tantrums legendary, hence why still at 33 and 9 years later she still acts 7 :(

It is actually patronising.

Obviously she does have mental illness so you have to make REASONABLE allowances, but this is too far/extreme the other way where she is given too much leeway to behave like she is with no awareness (so starts to believe her own fantasy World where everyone bows to her demands) - that isn't the real World and in the long run won't do her any favours as Big Brother and the press will chew her up and throw her away when she's no longer useful (I.E an old lady) and then she has to fight for herself in the Real World :(
  • Options
    Wainy84Wainy84 Posts: 12,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.
  • Options
    hihopeshihopes Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yeah.

She grew up with severe psychological problems and spent most of her childhood in hospital. The spoilt, diva-ish, princess attitude she is famous for (and I love her for) is because people do treat her like she's special, and go out of their way to help her. Anyone on the show or BBOTS who knows her talks about her like she's an adorable, special, breakable little thing. Everyone jumps to her defence and wants to look after her.

No sh*t that's where her personality comes from. Luckily for me, I love it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hihopes wrote: »
    Well yeah.

She grew up with severe psychological problems and spent most of her childhood in hospital. The spoilt, diva-ish, princess attitude she is famous for (and I love her for) is because people do treat her like she's special, and go out of their way to help her. Anyone on the show or BBOTS who knows her talks about her like she's an adorable, special, breakable little thing. Everyone jumps to her defence and wants to look after her.

To me it is cruel and unhealthy, I don't find it entertaining to laugh at someone like that.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might as well have gave her a tiara and carried her around on their shoulders tonight.

Yeah, Princess Nikki part 2. :D
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

thats extremely offensive.

calling her special needs is the same as calling her retarded.

i've never heard baby talk from her. Helen? is that you??
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah she is just a head case. Seriously needs help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbcrzy wrote: »

It's not offensive at all.
    there is such a thing as 'special needs' and you're the one who is infact being offensive because you're saying that all those special needs children are retards.

and I know you're not for real anyway. never heard Nikki talk like a baby!
    she lives her life being one big baby because that's how she's treated all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how can she justify not working!? she is capable of doing some form of work.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The majority of people she encounters infantilize her. She now expects it.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like did u see the way Ais was cuddling her in last nights ep? Was just a bit creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority of people she encounters infantilize her. She now expects it.

Yeah imagine fans in the street!?

That is the problem, she has got treated like this for so long..
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, it made me feel quite ill.
  • Options
    Amelia_SutherlaAmelia_Sutherla Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all treat her like some cute toddler ,for gods sake she is a 32year old woman I find it all very creepy and wrong on every level.
  • Options
    Tim CullenTim Cullen Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liked her in BB7 until they brought her back into the house and she started hamming it up big time.

Of the legends that went back in she was still my favourite by default but there wasn't much point in her returning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think to prove the point.

Nikki would always win the spoilt brat competition.
  • Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

spidey didnt call nikki special needs
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    To me it is cruel and unhealthy, I don't find it entertaining to laugh at someone like that.

Nor do I think it is right that she can say what she likes to anyone and not be held to account.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hihopes wrote: »
    Well yeah.

Her need for approval and love stems from her illness. She's anorexic and they do tend to be childlike in some ways. Kindly people respond to that, much as they would to a young child. You're right - she is little and she is breakable. Some of the posts on here are horrible. Nikki is what she is and cannot help herself. Many people are protective of her because she is vulnerable. We should just enjoy the comic moments she gives us and let the rest go.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then you haven't been watching Big Brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Since when does special needs = retarded!?
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Offensive to who?

Sorry but she acts like one, not like a 33 yr old woman.

What are people to think.