Options

Have you made a will & what do you want on your headstone?

Comments

• Options
    LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have made separate wills, we only made them because we have dependant children and we wanted our wishes to be known should we both die.

As for my gravestone, nothing. I'm hoping to go to science if that doesn't happen I'm going to be cremated. My husband wants to be buried, assuming he dies before me I want to be scattered over his grave. But really, really hoping (that seems wrong!) to go to science.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    will you be looking off into the far distance like a freeman's catalogue model?

I think I prefer the arm in the air like Kim Il Sung
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I think I prefer the arm in the air like Kim Il Sung

pointing to something interesting and contemplating your own majestic form? sounds magnificent :kitty:
  • Options
    Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep will all done, since I've gotten I'll I've noticed a lot of family members who never had a good word to say about me being particularly nice to me ŵhile reminding me that their poor son/daughter is finding it oh so hard to get a foot on the property ladder and how lucky I am to be mortgage free at 45, so in my will everything is too be sold and the funds split between Greyhound charities and Parkinson's research. Bugger my family
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    No and I don't care what's on my headstone
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a joint will leaving everything to each other and then our 2 sons. I don't plan to have a gravestone as I will probably be cremated. The OH wants to be buried near his parents and I don't like the area so I don't want to be sent there even when dead!
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring a shovel, sexy.....
  • Options
    belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I had a headstone , I'd like something deep and meaningful on it .

Maybe , 'This Day Just Got Worse'
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ᵐᵃˢᵗᵘʳᵇᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᵉᶠᶠᵉᶜᵗˢ ᵉʸᵉˢᶦᵍʰᵗ
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want the Slipknot tribal S on my headstone and the lyrics to Before I forget
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

&

Thank **** its over!
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if I could get a motion sensor and speaker set up so that every time someone walked by I said "Hello pleased to meet you." Then I could frighten the life out of them. Or instead of me speaking it could play Dame Vera We'll meet again.

On a serious note I'm mad at the council that owns the cemetery my grandparents are buried in. My parents and I want to buy a family plot in the next field for us to be buried in and the council are refusing to let us and said "one of you has to die first before a plot can be bought." What kind of attitude is that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if I could get a motion sensor and speaker set up so that every time someone walked by I said "Hello pleased to meet you." Then I could frighten the life out of them. Or instead of me speaking it could play Dame Vera We'll meet again.

Also why not put a pressure pad on the ground so that when someone steps on it a skeleton pops up out of the ground and scares them?
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also why not put a pressure pad on the ground so that when someone steps on it a skeleton pops up out of the ground and scares them?

Brandishing a walking stick?
  • Options
    himerushimerus Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have made a will. There will be no headstone, I have asked to be cremated.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No will, my kids can fight it out over my dvd collection and general collection of clutter. I'm getting cremated so no headstone either.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I told you you'd miss me when I'm gone.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    I find it sad that kids these days are so mercenary. Some of my relatives are asking their parents for the will money BEFORE they die. Some are taking their parents furniture for their own homes 'to save doing it later'. Disgusting.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made a will a few days ago I wondered if most of you had too? I put on my will that I want a headstone saying "Like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our lives. Live a life you will remember." Have any of you specified what you would like your headstone to say?

I left everything to my parents, some money to the cat & dog home and the pensioners luncheon club. I want buried in an American coffin.

I know this isn't a cheery thread but I think death should be openly discussed more as it is something we will all face.

People are eventually going to have to be cremated because of there not being enough room for graveyards. Buring people in graveyards cannot continue all the time. More and more room will be needed, especially in Britain. I think cremation will have to be the only choice because of nowhere to bury people so many years down the line. It might be sooner than people think.
  • Options
    Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    I find it sad that kids these days are so mercenary. Some of my relatives are asking their parents for the will money BEFORE they die. Some are taking their parents furniture for their own homes 'to save doing it later'. Disgusting.

That is so vile. :o
    poshbloke wrote: »
    The better half and I both have wills leaving everything to each other, though we're hoping for a long retirement together in thirty or so years time during which we intend to squander every penny!

I always wanted to do this, sounds more appealing than learning how to knit :D

I have made a will, was advised to when we bought the house. I want to be cremated but have my urn buried with a headstone. Always like the idea of knowing the exact location of a loved one, but not being eaten by maggots. As for what it says, " Plucky Born xx, Died xx" will do.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of burials why not have them put up in boxes like they do abroad in some countries like into walls.. we could have skyscraper ones where we can still visit and be lifted on big cherrypickers to leave flowers.. that ll do me. as I dont fancy being burned..SO WHO STOLE MY IDEA http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/jan/21/death-in-the-city-what-happens-cemeteries-full-cost-dying
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I haven't made a will, and I should.

As for cremation/burial/headstone - I'll let my family surprise me.;-)
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a will, it doesn't deal with my possessions (I don't have many) but it does deal with what should happen to my children in terms of guardianship if I were to die while they're under 18.

I've never given much thought to my headstone but I would like it to feature my favourite bible verse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My last words.

Arrrggghhh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wanked himself to death