Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    shane filan he barely stops for fans anymore here but he was lovely at the book signing. hard to know what he's like

Shane Filan is my all time favourite celeb. I concur with what you say about him not stopping for fans as much anymore. Last year we told Nicky that 3 of us were considering converting to being Nicky fans coz shanes face as been like the back end of a bus recently. Nicky must have told Shane coz Shane mentioned it to us the next time he saw us and he did apologised.

Still sometimes with Shane you don't know whether he is in a bad mood or not but I've had some of my best days/nights with Shane. He has been amazing for me and my friends. I remember one time me and my friend went to see him at heathrow when he flew home to Ireland and he missed his flight so he booked on the next one, which was 3 hours later and he spend that time in the airport in the restaurants/pubs until his next flight and we chatted and laughed for hours until he had to go through. That was the last time we spend time with him before he became a father.....ever since Nicole....and then Patrick were born he seemed to turn into a moody Kian.

He still manages to make my day sometimes. Drunk Shane Filan is the best. He ALWAYS buys drinks. I guess I'm kinda of lucky that I've been able to have sooooo many amazing times with WL.

Nowadays the only member of WL that seems to please the masses is Nicky Byrne....he definately does no wrong in our eyes. It will all change come the end of the year they will be all nicey nicey with the fans because they have been away for so long so they will be more than accomodating
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was speaking to someone yesterday who'd met Pete and Krusty Price in Australia a while back. Guess what? He was lovely and SHE was nasty.

*Falls off seat in shock*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »

I crossed paths with Katie and Peter in 2005 whislt craving on Westlife and he was nice and she was a right ignorant cow
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »

:D LOL
  • haych89haych89 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    heard stuff about them from other people
    samantha janus been really nice to my mates. i briefly spoke to her and she was lovely

and im done...woah that is a really long list ha sorry everyone. i hope its of some useful :p

Yeah! Sam is absalutely lovely, she stopped to chat twice for about 10-15 minutes each time. She posed for SOO SOO many photos, hugs etc and signed lots... she was nicer than i ever expected her to be :)

Ive heard shes not been so nice to other people though...

Mona's extensive 'have met' list is sure to multiply soon!...and im sure she wasnt rude to them purposely, shes nice realy. x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missie_M wrote: »

Met Jimmy Saville and spoke for a while, he was an arrogant c**t.QUOTE]

Jimmy was up until 2 years ago the Chieftain of my town's Highland Games and lives in a village close by a lot of the year. He is without a doubt the sleaziest man I have ever met. He came into the hotel I was working in during the games one year and took my hand to kiss it. I was quite young (19 or something) so didn't want to be rude but then he licked my hand and I told him to f*ck off. He laughed at me and I ended up getting a telling off from my boss!

You're absolutely right about his arrogance - he's supposedly a "special friend" of our town but I don't know of one person who likes him. I didn't mention him earlier as I don't even regard him as a celeb - just a dirty old man.

I'm off to vomit after sharing my most disgusting memory.

I was seventeen and he was really flirty and leery towards me acting like I should have been in awe of him and just lap up all the sleazy old man flirting he was doing. Even worse he was sitting with a very distant relative of mine at the time, I can't believe that anyone related to me would hang around with such a sleazeball, though admittedly it was a very very distant relative.

And when I say spoke he saw me walking past and struck up a conversation with me, I was only 17 and was just struck dumb and didn't know how to respond. Bleurgh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missie_M wrote: »
    I was seventeen and he was really flirty and leery towards me acting like I should have been in awe of him and just lap up all the sleazy old man flirting he was doing. Even worse he was sitting with a very distant relative of mine at the time, I can't believe that anyone related to me would hang around with such a sleazeball, though admittedly it was a very very distant relative.

And when I say spoke he saw me walking past and struck up a conversation with me, I was only 17 and was just struck dumb and didn't know how to respond. Bleurgh!

You have my sympathies, Missie. None of that surprises me given some of the things that have been alleged about the man (cannot go into any detail for obvious reasons). What an odious creature he is. Disgusting - makes me skin crawl to even think of him.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of his homes is close to me in Leeds. I do know things about him but can't say here, like Mrs. Bambi (hi!:)) :mad:. Thankfully, I've only ever spotted him once...'twas nothing to write home about, but I was surprised how shrivelled looking he was...and that was about 20 years ago! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Used to work at Edinburgh Airport, met Katie and Peter a few times. Believe it or not she was always brilliant. A couple of times I found him to be really quite rude and arogant. Maybe he just doesn't like Scotland!
  • sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones I've met have been nice. Particularly:

Ross Kemp: Strolled into my local pub. I think he was filming some ITV drama in my hometown. Didn't even get annoyed when my mate yelled "Alright Grant!" as he walked in. Chatted, signed autographs etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    One of his homes is close to me in Leeds. I do know things about him but can't say here, like Mrs. Bambi (hi!:)) :mad:. Thankfully, I've only ever spotted him once...'twas nothing to write home about, but I was surprised how shrivelled looking he was...and that was about 20 years ago! :p

Hi dorydaryl :)! Can't express enough how much I loathe him and things that he may or may not have done.... My dad used to live round the corner for him when he was living in Salford and has nothing but bad things to say about him too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to add my two pence worth to the thread. She's not mega famous, but I have met Ladyhawke and she was absolutely lovely - really polite and sweet, as were her management.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Havent met any horrible celebs... yet.
    Ive met most of the cast of Supernatural....:cool:

Jensen Ackles (i was star struck, i couldnt even speak)
    Jared Padalecki (best hugger everrrrr. LOVE HIM TO BITS!)
    Misha Collins (funny as ****. love him)
    Jim Beaver (awesome)
    Aj Buckley (awesome)
    Travis Wrester (even more awesome)
    Lauren Cohan (funny and gorgeous)
    Katie Cassidy (hilarious and down to earth)
    Samantha Smith (prettier in person)
    Charles Malik Whitfield (funny and has some awesome stories)
    Alona Tal (sooo down to earth and has a lovely singing voice)
    Nicki Aycox (awesome and down to earth)
    Sam Ferris (very chatty and lovely)
    Sandra Mccoy (shy and absolutely fab)
    Gabriel Tigerman (funny man. he made me laugh!)
    Sterling K. Brown (awesome and just brill)
    Matthew Cohen (HOT! but so shy)
    Amy Gumenick (cute and really down to earth)

Im sure im leaving someone out.....:rolleyes:

Oh, also an actress from Home and Away i met in Birmingham. She used to play a cop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been mentioned a few times but my vote for the nicest celebs I've met have to go to Girls Aloud, all of them were absoloutely lovely, and I've been lucky enough to meet them a few times now, all very friendly down to earth girls who will happily stop for a chat, pictures, autographs etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    honeyrose wrote: »
    Havent met any horrible celebs... yet.
    Ive met most of the cast of Supernatural....:cool:

Jensen Ackles (i was star struck, i couldnt even speak)
    Jared Padalecki (best hugger everrrrr. LOVE HIM TO BITS!)

Misha Collins (funny as ****. love him)
    Jim Beaver (awesome)
    Aj Buckley (awesome)
    Travis Wrester (even more awesome)
    Lauren Cohan (funny and gorgeous)
    Katie Cassidy (hilarious and down to earth)
    Samantha Smith (prettier in person)
    Charles Malik Whitfield (funny and has some awesome stories)
    Alona Tal (sooo down to earth and has a lovely singing voice)
    Nicki Aycox (awesome and down to earth)
    Sam Ferris (very chatty and lovely)
    Sandra Mccoy (shy and absolutely fab)
    Gabriel Tigerman (funny man. he made me laugh!)
    Sterling K. Brown (awesome and just brill)
    Matthew Cohen (HOT! but so shy)
    Amy Gumenick (cute and really down to earth)

Im sure im leaving someone out.....:rolleyes:

Oh, also an actress from Home and Away i met in Birmingham. She used to play a cop.

:eek: So jealous!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    :D
    It was at a convention in May.
    They were out of this world, so chatty and got on with all the fans. Was a brilliant weekend.
    Hopefully they'll be back in the UK next year.....:rolleyes:
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    Kwame Kwei-Arma (best known as Finlay in Casualty). A wonderfully warm and sincere man.

'Met' lots of pop stars in my teenage stand outside TV studio and catch them for an autograph and photo days (loong time ago lol). George Michael was probably the grumpiest.
    Forum Member
    honeyrose wrote: »
    :D
    It was at a convention in May.
    They were out of this world, so chatty and got on with all the fans. Was a brilliant weekend.
    Hopefully they'll be back in the UK next year.....:rolleyes:

I might have to stalk them if they are! :o:p:D
    Forum Member
    *T*I*N*K* wrote: »
    Agreed I've met him twice in Cardiff
    He's a dream:D
    I'll be going to his new book signing in Sept to drool over him again...:o:o:o

I was never a fan of Barrowman but he is a friend of a friend and I met him when he was recording with her for BBC Radio 2. I was there for the rehearsals and he was so nice. And a huge flirt!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh was in a gay bar I used to DJ at once.
    He was rude to everyone except for a fame hungry muscle jock who followed him around all night.
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why has nothing ever come out about him, and why does anyone that 'knows something', always seems scared to even hint at anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    Why has nothing ever come out about him, and why does anyone that 'knows something', always seems scared to even hint at anything.

Hi pussyfoot - he has a lot of friends in high places.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »

Some of the stuff was posted here some time back, pussyfoot, but got deleted. Got to leave it at that for now, as this is an interesting thread and it would be a shame to taint it or risk it becoming locked. I think it's fair to say he's not a very pleasant individual to be around, for many.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Some of the stuff was posted here some time back, pussyfoot, but got deleted. Got to leave it at that for now, as this is an interesting thread and it would be a shame to taint it or risk it becoming locked. I think it's fair to say he's not a very pleasant individual to be around, for many.

:eek: And I thought he was a harmless old eccentric!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    :eek: And I thought he was a harmless old eccentric!
    Hmmm. Eccentric, yes. Harmless, definitely not.:(