Options

Singularity

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now I am sure this game has avoided most people's games-radar. It was silently released last week - it was so quiet that most shops in my town including Gamestation did not even get any copies.

GS finally got stock the other day and I got this game yesterday. It really is quite good. It is a FPS and has "borrowed" (copied) elements from various games including Bioshock, Fallout 3, F.E.A.R and a few others but it does make for a very good game.

It is a shame Activision the publisher has not done more to market this game.

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got this from my local asda on release day. (Expensive month this one!) It's a very accomplished game with a significant level of blood and guts. It has indeed pilfered a good number of other games ideas but has mixed them in a very stylish manner. Half Life 2's gravity gun, time manipulation is a bit prince of persia, environment is redolent of bioshock and MGS's guided bullets. I have been thourougly enjoying it and have played it more than Harry Potter (lego) and demon's souls. Not tried multiplayer yet. I'd give single player 8/10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah an 8/10 is reasonable. It was a good game. Did you go back for the 3 endings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »
    Yeah an 8/10 is reasonable. It was a good game. Did you go back for the 3 endings?

Not finished it yet!!! Probably will though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    The multiplayer looks terrible judging from some of the videos I've seen
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    I'd been interested in this game since I saw some of the Developer walkthroughs earlier this year, but it's completely slipped under my radar! I'll probably wait until it's cheaper though now, especially with some very big titles coming later this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommyd1258 wrote: »
    I'd been interested in this game since I saw some of the Developer walkthroughs earlier this year, but it's completely slipped under my radar! I'll probably wait until it's cheaper though now, especially with some very big titles coming later this year.

I think it slipped through eveyrone's radar as Activision have made no attempt to market it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I wasn't overly impressed with it to begin with, but once you retrieve the TMD it suddenly becomes extremely fun! If you liked last years Wolfenstein (also by the same developers) then i think you'll like this.

I couldn't care less about the multiplayer though, that doesn't seem to be Raven's strong point (Wolfenstein's multiplayer was awful). I'd definitely recommend it for the SP though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished it. Excellent game overall, also while there is no new game + if you just continue each time you can do the 3 different endings quickly, giving you 3 silver trophies!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Just finished it. Excellent game overall, also while there is no new game + if you just continue each time you can do the 3 different endings quickly, giving you 3 silver trophies!

Thats what I did, I just reloaded from continue :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    One of my games of the year so far along with Darksiders. Like Darksiders it mixes bits from other games but does it so so well that I didn't care. This is up there with Half Life 2,Bioshock, Crysis and F.E.A.R for me as one of the most fun shooters I've ever played. Modern Warfare does nothing for me next to these sorts of titles.
    The only thing that needed a bit of work was the difficulty level. I started it on HARD because I'd heard it was too easy on NORMAL but then came across a problem with some little creatures (time ticks) which I couldn't get past even after about 100 tries.
    I then started again on NORMAL and it was a cakewalk. A cakewalk that was a load of fun but still way too easy esp after you get the super powered weapons!
    9/10 for me. If they had sorted the difficulty level out and maybe made it a couple of hours longer it would be a 10 along with Half Life 2 and Bioshock
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Picked this up yesterday and very impressed so far. I'm a pretty big fan of Raven shooters (I loved Wolfenstien this gen) and this game is even better. Why there wasn't any hype around it is an absolute mystery.

Starts of slow though, the first hour is very generic but things certainly get interesting after that. Definitely worth picking up!
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    also while there is no new game + if you just continue each time you can do the 3 different endings quickly, giving you 3 silver trophies!

I've got this on the the way from Love Film - Little confused though, how do you mean there is no 'New Game'?

Once you've done it, you can't start afresh?

I'm not that bothered, just wondering for the other Trophies it has - Do I need to concentrate on them the first time round or something?

Cheers :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, there's no option to restart a new game with all your weapons and skills earned in a previous playthrough (normally known as "New game +"). If you start a new game it's from scratch.
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Ah! - Thanks for that :)