Options

"I'm the only one who owns this on DS!!" Thread.

silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We seem to have a lot of people with very eclectic tastes on DS so I was interested in what ultra-rare recording people on DS might own and what it might tell us about them.
I own a couple of recordings that I'm pretty sure I would be the only person on DS claiming ownership. The first would be a bootleg of The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart playing the worst set I've ever heard- anyone-else would have smashed the CD into a million pieces :o:D
The other recording I own is 'Go Figure' by "Screw Shareholder Value - Not So Much A Band As Another Opportunity To Waste Money On Drugs And Ammunition courtesy Of The Idiots At Time Warner". This was basically an album 'recorded' by Andrew Eldritch with two obscure techno artists just using his voice as part of the release from his record contract with East West. Aside from the 'StFU' track (consisting of Andrew repeating this phrase over and over again :D ) it is indeed appalling- Eldritch removed all the drums from the record whilst the only recordings that have been leaked allegedly come from mp3's despite unscrupulous record sellers claiming otherwise :eek: :(

What recording of interest do you own that stand out from those owned by other on DS? Does your lover own records of obscure interest?

:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I can't say I've even heard of any of those :p

I am probably the only one on DS who owns To My Boy - Messages and perhaps theSTART - Ciao, Baby (and Initiation).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    Promise This - Cheryl Cole

Strangely I love the song, but I swear to God everyone else on this forum hates her :p
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    Promise This - Cheryl Cole

Strangely I love the song, but I swear to God everyone else on this forum hates her :p

Haha :D You always seem open to any music, which is a great thing

Threads like this are where I'm useless - I know absolutely no music which others won't of heard of or own :( I don't even know where to look, to be quite honest. It's annoying because I'm always trying to find new and exciting music of certain genres to enjoy. Maybe someone can suggest places to look?
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have hepburn's album, oh yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i'm the only person on the forum (probably not far off the only person in the country) that bought Angelica - The end of a beautiful career, which was a rather amazing album.

Sadly it was also a pretty accurate title.

:p
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Bird Nest Roys - Jaffa Boy
    Human Instinct - Stoned Guitar
    Blerta - Blerta
    Anal C*nt - It Just Gets Worse
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A321 wrote: »

I've got most of their albums :o

I've been going to see unsigned bands for over a decade and usually buy a CD when I'm there, so possibly have a few hundred CDs that no one else owns on here.

In fact my user name is based on a band I saw 10 years ago.
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Interesting idea for a thead! I can safely say that I don't own any of the records mentioned so far. :D

I think a couple of my most obscure records would be:

Johnnyboy - You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve. Brilliant record from 2004.

Everything that scottish band Ballboy ever released. Including their fantastic 2002 single entitled "All the Records on the Radio are Shite."

It would be great if anyone else does own these though.
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Electrelane - No Shouts, No Calls

Tily & the Wall - Wild Like Children
  • Options
    Forum Member

I own that one. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    A321 wrote: »
    Bird Nest Roys - Jaffa Boy
    Human Instinct - Stoned Guitar
    Blerta - Blerta

I have that, and loads of their other songs too :o.

Directors - I'll Wait For Sound
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inside/Absent by Broken Spindles
    The Weak's End by Emery
    Pretty much any song by Adam Gnade
    Hometowns by The Rural Alberta Advantage (my very favourite album)
    86-97 by Anal Mucus.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have hepburn's album, oh yes.
    I don't know why but I'm really impressed by that, part of me hopes it is a cheesy classic as at least they could sing :o
    Coen wrote: »
    Interesting idea for a thead! I can safely say that I don't own any of the records mentioned so far. :D

I think a couple of my most obscure records would be:

Johnnyboy - You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve. Brilliant record from 2004.

Everything that scottish band Ballboy ever released. Including their fantastic 2002 single entitled "All the Records on the Radio are Shite."

It would be great if anyone else does own these though.

I've got 'Sash' from Ballboy as well as all the stuff off his site including 'All The Songs On The Radio' but I don't have that single. I heard of him when he did 'I don't have time to stand here with you fighting about the size of my dick' :D:)

That Johnnyboy album sounds very familiar and I'd be surprised if songs from it hadn't turned up on some compilations I have :o
  • Options
    BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bootlegs - I own hundreds of them!

Guitars101.com ;)

Own a few bootlegs from Montreux Jazz Festival - one imported from Switzerland and the other from Japan. Lots of prince bootlegs, Ronnie Wood, Santana...
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    I've got most of their albums :o

I've been going to see unsigned bands for over a decade and usually buy a CD when I'm there, so possibly have a few hundred CDs that no one else owns on here.

In fact my user name is based on a band I saw 10 years ago.
    curlypubes wrote: »
    I have that, and loads of their other songs too :o.

Directors - I'll Wait For Sound

I like you guys. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    I've got 'Sash' from Ballboy as well as all the stuff off his site including 'All The Songs On The Radio' but I don't have that single. I heard of him when he did 'I don't have time to stand here with you fighting about the size of my dick' :D:)

That Johnnyboy album sounds very familiar and I'd be surprised if songs from it hadn't turned up on some compilations I have :o

Nice one, Ballboy have done some brilliant stuff, and Johnnyboy did some great sort of motown/Phil Spector/ err indie, stuff. It was interesting, anyway.

Another one of my favourite albums from a few years back was The Decoration - Don't Disappoint Me Now. Don't suppose anyone else has that? Great album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    neel wrote: »
    I think i'm the only person on the forum (probably not far off the only person in the country) that bought Angelica - The end of a beautiful career, which was a rather amazing album.

Sadly it was also a pretty accurate title.

:p

No, I've got that one!
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a few artist on my ipod that no-one I know have heard of although no doubt they'll be people on here that have

Stoney
    Billie The Vision & The Dancers
    Everlast
    Julian Plenti
    The XX
    Semisonic
    Shriekback

and the such like
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Haha :D You always seem open to any music, which is a great thing

Threads like this are where I'm useless - I know absolutely no music which others won't of heard of or own :( I don't even know where to look, to be quite honest. It's annoying because I'm always trying to find new and exciting music of certain genres to enjoy. Maybe someone can suggest places to look?

Hehe, I'm more into indie/rock/pop-punk, but if a corker of a pop song comes along, I won't say no! :D

I don't think I have any music that no one else listens to. Well, there are some unsigned bands on youtube that I really like and am subscribed to and listen to a lot, and then I have a few friends in bands with their mates who have sent me downloads of their songs. But I wouldn't own any of that if I didn't know them, so as far as I can think, no, well, there might be the odd few here and there, but I can bet people on here will know them.

Oh, no, wait. I've just remembered one I own, that I'm pretty positive no one on the music forum owns:

I (Who Have Nothing) - Mary Byrne

I committed the sin of buying it last week. I repent, yet still enjoy listening to it :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone mention Angelica...

http://yfrog.com/hqangelicanj
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have said Elbow's albums but it seems like their are a few Elbow fans on DS so I feel much happier... Only 4 teachers in my school have heard of them.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Massive Tilly and The Wall fan :)
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably...

Trouble - Psalm 9
    Sebastian Bach - Angel Down
    Joe Perry - Have Guitar, Will Travel
    Deliverance - Weapons Of Our Warfare
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindness wrote: »
    Someone mention Angelica...

http://yfrog.com/hqangelicanj
    Mallaha wrote: »
    No, I've got that one!

Amazing. I bloody loved that album. I'm going to put it on my ipod.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Massive Tilly and The Wall fan :)

I've always heard their stuff because other bands I like, mainly CSS, keep bigging them up. I do like Beat Control, though.
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I've got a few artist on my ipod that no-one I know have heard of although no doubt they'll be people on here that have

The XX
    Semisonic

I'm pretty sure people will have heard of Semisonic (if only for Secret Smile) and The xx (especially after their Mercury win)