Comments

• OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    102) F is for Fugitive - Sue Grafton
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17 - Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning. The final book of five in the Fever series. I really enjoyed these books, but out of all of them I found this to be the weakest. There were a lot of loose ends that weren't explained. I know she's written another series from another one of the characters POV so things may be explained there, but doubt ill be reading the new series as I couldn't stand this particular character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    103) The Woman Who Went To Bed For A Year - Sue Townsend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    104) Sadie Jones - The Univited Guests

Well that was 3 hours of my life that I won't get back again. What a tedious book
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    57. Shatter The Bones (Logan McRae, #7) by Stuart MacBride 4/5
    58. Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb 5/5
    59. Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb 5/5
    60. Dead As A Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris 5/5
    61. Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris 5/5
    62. A Touch of Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #4.1, #4.3, #5.1, #7.1, #8.1) by Charlaine Harris 3/5
    63. Cyprus (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides) by Jack Hughes 4/5
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18. Neuromancer - William Gibson. Where to start? Maybe if I'd read this book 20 years ago I'd be easier to please, but God, my eyes, he doesn't half rabbit on. By the time I'd got to the end of a sentence I'd forgotten what it was about or who was saying it. I'm probably committing some sci fi fangirly cardinal sin by admitting my dislike of this book but I'm past caring.
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12. Bloodstream - Tess Gerritsen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    105) The Lost Relic - Scott Mariani
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    106) Stay Close To Me -Helen Warner
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson (25th - 30th March) – a sci-fi teen novel set in the not so distant future. It had a good concept and there were some nice moments of writing. The central theme of perfection I didn’t feel was developed enough, but then possibly I’ve been reading it in too fragmented a style so I’ve missed key points. It’s spawned a sequel which looks perhaps even thinner on the ground in terms of development.
  • ShomofoShomofo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    26. Dead until Dark - Charlaine Harris
    27. Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris
    28. Club Dead - Charlaine Harris
    29. Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris
    30. Dead as a Doornail- Charlaine Harris
    31. Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris
    32. All Together Dead - Charlaine Harris
    33. From Dead to Worse - Charlaine Harris
    34. Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris
    35. Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
    36. Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris

I misread the date for the final book and thought it was March not May. Oh well all ready and waiting.
    Going to give some of her other series a try.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    107) Heartstone - C J Sansom

That was an epic 700+page read but throughly enjoyable. I hope we get a new Matthew Shardlake soon
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9. The Ghosts of Sleath- James Herbert
    10. One Shot- Lee Child
    11. The Rats- James Herbert
  • SWW (SWW)SWW (SWW) Posts: 23,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWW (SWW) wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    95. Grant Morrison's Animal Man - Grant Morrison, Chris Truog etc 8/10
    D C Comics, 651 pages <Graphic Novel> Animal Man #1-26, one of the most well known runs in comic books… another Grant Morrison masterpiece of groundbreaking storytelling.

96. Invincible 2012 - Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley etc. 6/10
    Image Comics, 232 pages <Graphic Novel> Invincible #87-98. The series is good, but not as good as it once was, includes Scourge Virus, powerless Mark and a new Invincible!

97. Animal Man 1990 - 1992 - Tom Veitch, Peter Milligan, Steve Dillon, Chris Truog etc. 6/10
    D C Comics, 614 pages <Graphic Novel> Animal Man #27-50. Milligan's short arc is followed by almost 2 years of work on the title by Veitch.
    98. Jamie Delano's Animal Man - Jamie Delano, Steve Pugh etc 7/10
    Vertigo (D C Comics), 815 pages <Graphic Novel> Animal Man #51-79, Annual #1. Delano weaves a wonderful and engrossing tale deservedly of the, at the time, moving to the Vertigo brand.

99. The New Teen Titans 1986-87 - Marv Wolfman. Paul Levitz etc 6/10
    D C Comics, 765 pages <Graphic Novel> The New Teen Titans volume two #16-38 and Annual #2-3. The completion of Crisis gave Wolfman enough time to improve his work on this, at the time, best-selling series,

100. The Hollow - Agatha Christie 7/10
    Harper (HarperCollins), 384 pages <Modern Classic> The twenty fifth Poirot sees Christie weave a truly wonderful conspiracy around a murder at a family gathering at a socialite's home. This case stood out for me, because Christie really gets into the impact of the murder on some of the suspects, a lot better and deeper than in many of her other works. A must read for Christie fans.

101. Naked in Death - J D Robb (aka Nora Roberts) 7/10
    Piatkus Books, 375 pages <Crime> My first venture in reading best selling romantic fiction writer Nora Robert's 'In Death' series written under the pseudonym JD Robb. Quite interesting premise of mid 21st century cop Eve Dallas and her romantic interest billionaire Roarke, in which he is introduced in the series as the main suspect in a prostitute murder.

102. Pure - Andrew Miller 6/10
    Sceptre Books (Hachette UK), 342 pages <Historical Fiction> 2011 Costa Book of the Year. Miller's critically acclaimed tale set in a pre-revolutionary France where an engineer is tasked with removing a cemetery and its church in the middle of a heavily populated part of Paris… the book tells the story of how this massive project is undertaken and how it affects the neighbourhood, the workers and the engineer himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gawd I must come and update this soon. Just completed book 66. Can't even remember when I last posted, good job Im keeping a list!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    108) M.L. Stedman - The Light Between Oceans

A friend in Australia sent me this and I really enjoyed it. A story of a lighthouse keeper and his wife keeping a baby washed up at their lighthouse and the consequences that followed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One quarter of the way through the year I thought it it worth an update.

I set myself a target of 250 books for the year and am astonished that I have read 108 in 3 months - I have never read so much in my life. I am watching much less TV now and there is always a book or my kindle in my hand

I have also found 3 great new authors- Donna Leon, David Downing and Sue Grafton.

I am amazed that I have kept up reading a book a day - lets see where I am at the end of June
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    23. Luke and Jon by Robert Williams (30th-31st March) – I expected this to be a bit darker than it was, although I suppose that is no bad thing. It was an easy enough read and whilst it didn’t go into much detail, I sort of enjoyed it. I would have liked to have known more about Jon’s strange life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    109) The Accidental Call Girl- Portia Da Costa

Thought this would have more of a story to it but afraid not - just another 50 shades type load of rubbish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    110) Good Evening Mrs Craven - The Wartime Stories of Mollie Panther- Downes

For my book club
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    111) G is for Gumshoe - Sue Grafton
  • Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15. 600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster.Another 99p Kindle deal. I thought that this was pretty good. Edward's portrayal as a high functioning adult with Asperger's Syndrome and OCD was realistic. The story was quite funny in places but also had me in tears at one point. A follow up is due out soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    112) Winter Warmers - Carole Matthews
    113) And When She Was Good - Laura Lippman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (31st March-3rd April) – I wanted to read this to see what all the hype was about. It was probably one of the books I’ve enjoyed the most this year so far, despite the fact it seemed to trail on a little long towards the end. Well-written and paced for the most part, with two very memorable characters. I did want to shake Amy though. And Nick, come to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    114) Marriage by Mistake - Alyssa Kress