Changed your mind on Courtneys husband?

Comments

• Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting to see an old man.
    I was quite shocked at how youthful looking he actually was.
    Then it all seemed to make a bit more sense.

Looks like he's had a face lift. His face is very shiny.
  • kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is not a child, biologically I expect she has been an adult for quite a few years now.

In western societies 95% of all girls will start puberty somewhere between 8 1/2 and 13 ie they will have the hormones a child does not possess.

By 16 biologically, emotionally and physically she will be an adult not a child whatever you might like to think she should be.

It's not what you think that matters, it is her hormones that determine what she is biologically.

So as an adult I think it is her decision and hers alone who she should marry no matter how old they are.

Writing in capitals does not really add any weight to your argument, rather it highlights you don't really have one you can express through reason.

She seems to be happy as does he, so how it it anyone else's business?

Not everyone matures at the same emotional rate. This is obvious in a school setting; you can have pupils in the same year group. Some will be far more mature emotionally and physically whereas others appear much further behind. My son was 11 in July. Compared to the kids who were 11 the year before but in the same academic year he is a lot less mature, not to mention physically smaller. My other sn is in year 9 and is nowhere near puberty by the looks of it but his best friend who's a girl, has big boobies and spots. Children reach maturity at different rates. When I was 16, I was skinny, flat as a pancake and very childlike in every sense whereas there were classmates who were sexually active, womanly to look at and even left to have babies :eek: This is why the legal age of consent thing to me is not a clear cut one.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who wouldn't like horace goodspeed?
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakone-Bee wrote: »
    Earlier on she said her ideal night is ordering an Italian, opening a bottle of wine and then making love to her husband. I'm sorry, but it is disturbing and that's why his family have disowned him.

Why is it disturbing? They are married, that's what quite a number of married people do.

Odd thing to be disowned about imo.

:)
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are happy together and she seems to love her husband, then what is the problem here?
    He didn't hold a bullet to her head and make her marry him, she chose to marry him.
    She's not forced to stay with him.
    Just think how many kids under 16 are going about sleeping with kids their own age and older and continue to do so throughout their life, yet they are in a marriage with eachother and people find it hard to accept?
  • Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Why is it disturbing? They are married, that's what quite a number of married people do.

Odd thing to be disowned about imo.

:)

Do you not find it disturbing that a 50 year old man was sleeping with a 16 year old?
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They married when she was 16? So were the going out when she was 15?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Well that child seems pretty ok to me with the choices she's made in her young years. Like I said check out the more mature people in there they are far more worrisome.

Again, why emphasize on the child bit, they're married, they're happy. That's all there is to it and they've been married for 3 years. Surely if she didn't think her choice was right, she'd have left the marriage and if he thought he'd made the wrong choice he'd have.
    I think people need to give people more credit for living their lives, it's hardly like he's got a string of 15 yr old that he's banged. :rolleyes:

:yawn: This isn't about the older HM's, if it were I'd have plenty of criticism since some of them are behaving terribly.

I find it very odd how you've taken issue with what I've said since I haven't actually said anything incorrect (yet).

I hate to make assumptions about people but I can't help thinking (hoping?) you're either still in your teens and feel like you're grown up enough to decide everything for yourself (which is what most believe at that time), which you may well be, or you're older and want to be with someone very young.
    I could be wrong, perhaps you're neither, but that's just too strange to even think about because it makes no sense why someone in neither of those situations would feel so strongly that children should be allowed to get married and that people shouldn't even point out that they are, in fact, children getting married.
    I hope to christ you're not the parent of a teenage bride/groom.

I've said myself she seems a happy person. I haven't actually said anything negative about either of them. I said he married a child. She was a child. You cannot make this untrue. 16 is a child. Should I continue to repeat this?
    I "emphasise the child bit" because it's disturbing and anyone who doesn't think there's something not right about a 50-something year old marrying a 16 year old isn't someone I'd like to know. Having said that, I will repeat myself again, he seems a lovely man.

The problem is, it appears they got married at that time because they wanted to have sex but thought it was naughty (because of their religion) to do so out of wedlock.
    They could have waited if it was purely about love. I'm not saying they're not in love, I'm saying if they'd waited then people might have been less judgemental about the whole thing. Perhaps they were just so in love that they didn't care, which sounds like BS to me and, surely, anyone else who has control of their brain. The sensible thing would have been waiting just a few years for that wedding. But love isn't sensible! :cry::o:confused:
    It comes down to this: a 50-something year old shagging a 16 year old. Come, on, at the very least that's eww.

3 years is not a long time to be with someone, a marriage is supposed to be forever and that's a hell of a long time in lots of cases. 3 years is sod all.
    You know what, if they're still together in 10 years time (I'm not saying I expect they won't be) and haven't cheated on each other, then perhaps I'll drop the part where I mention how he married a child (which will always be true) after having said how nice he seems.
    I will never think it's right for 16 year olds to be getting married (not even to other 16 year olds) and any parent who allows it isn't doing their job properly.

Courtney seems a lovely girl, she's smart and she's kind and far more mature than most her age and most in the BB house. She's been my favourite to win since they went in the house.

Most 16 year olds aren't emotionally mature enough to make the kind of decision she made and we don't actually know whether she was yet.
    The thing is, most 16 year olds aren't even mature enough to make a sensible choice of what they want for dinner.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gemmy11 wrote: »
    I think he is gorgeous can see what she sees in him, the way they talk about each other I would say they really do love each other. Love comes in many forms and age should not make a difference, take love where you can find it.

What a stupid thing to post.
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    What a stupid thing to post.

If you thought that was stupid you should look at some of the other crap people have posted! ;)
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seemed really lovely but it doesn't change the fact he married a child.

:rolleyes:

Affect your life does it? NO!!!!
    Forum Member
    She is not a child, biologically I expect she has been an adult for quite a few years now.

In western societies 95% of all girls will start puberty somewhere between 8 1/2 and 13 ie they will have the hormones a child does not possess.

By 16 biologically, emotionally and physically she will be an adult not a child whatever you might like to think she should be.

It's not what you think that matters, it is her hormones that determine what she is biologically.

So as an adult I think it is her decision and hers alone who she should marry no matter how old they are.

Are you and ScreamingTree<3 engaged/married?
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:

Affect your life does it? NO!!!!

One Direction fan I'm guessing?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I love Doug, after all, he is Eugene Victor Tooms , the best serial killer ever ;)

I hope they have many happy years together.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I know he was only on screen for about 10 seconds but he seemed like a sweet guy actually, not the weirdo I was imagining. Lookswise, he reminds me of an older Corey Haim. He's craggy, but not ugly.

Not so bad really. Did they have a reality show in the States?

It just shows how quickly we all make judgements on people we don't know .

I was surprised to hear that Louie's lisp was due to him severing his tongue in a fall years ago . I presumed he was putting it on . I've always loved him since the Pinapple days but I thought he was lovely last night when he was comforting Lauren outside the diary room .
  • AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got married, he treated her with respect and love and she clearly loves him too. Age doesn't matter when love is present (as long as it's legal and clearly it is).
    If they hadn't actually married and just screwed around, people would never even know about it, much less comment, but because they got married, did the right, respectful, decent, upright, legal thing many people are all up in arms.

Double-standards!
  • ScreamingTree&lt;3ScreamingTree&lt;3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn: This isn't about the older HM's, if it were I'd have plenty of criticism since some of them are behaving terribly.

I find it very odd how you've taken issue with what I've said since I haven't actually said anything incorrect (yet).

I hate to make assumptions about people but I can't help thinking (hoping?) you're either still in your teens and feel like you're grown up enough to decide everything for yourself (which is what most believe at that time), which you may well be, or you're older and want to be with someone very young.
    I could be wrong, perhaps you're neither, but that's just too strange to even think about because it makes no sense why someone in neither of those situations would feel so strongly that children should be allowed to get married and that people shouldn't even point out that they are, in fact, children getting married.
    I hope to christ you're not the parent of a teenage bride/groom.

I've said myself she seems a happy person. I haven't actually said anything negative about either of them. I said he married a child. She was a child. You cannot make this untrue. 16 is a child. Should I continue to repeat this?
    I "emphasise the child bit" because it's disturbing and anyone who doesn't think there's something not right about a 50-something year old marrying a 16 year old isn't someone I'd like to know. Having said that, I will repeat myself again, he seems a lovely man.

The problem is, it appears they got married at that time because they wanted to have sex but thought it was naughty (because of their religion) to do so out of wedlock.
    They could have waited if it was purely about love. I'm not saying they're not in love, I'm saying if they'd waited then people might have been less judgemental about the whole thing. Perhaps they were just so in love that they didn't care, which sounds like BS to me and, surely, anyone else who has control of their brain. The sensible thing would have been waiting just a few years for that wedding. But love isn't sensible! :cry::o:confused:
    It comes down to this: a 50-something year old shagging a 16 year old. Come, on, at the very least that's eww.

3 years is not a long time to be with someone, a marriage is supposed to be forever and that's a hell of a long time in lots of cases. 3 years is sod all.
    You know what, if they're still together in 10 years time (I'm not saying I expect they won't be) and haven't cheated on each other, then perhaps I'll drop the part where I mention how he married a child (which will always be true) after having said how nice he seems.
    I will never think it's right for 16 year olds to be getting married (not even to other 16 year olds) and any parent who allows it isn't doing their job properly.

Courtney seems a lovely girl, she's smart and she's kind and far more mature than most her age and most in the BB house. She's been my favourite to win since they went in the house.

Most 16 year olds aren't emotionally mature enough to make the kind of decision she made and we don't actually know whether she was yet.
    The thing is, most 16 year olds aren't even mature enough to make a sensible choice of what they want for dinner.

Oh good grief, I am neither of the two straws you've chosen to clutch at, I just accept that love knows no age, and both were legally ok to marry and be with each other. She seems happy and more mature than all of the women in that house. So she has a whiney voice, who cares?
    A lot of judgement there on 16 year olds getting married, in the end by 16 most females know their own mind.
    Personally I would never marry someone that much older than me as I am ageist. I'd never entertain the idea of going with anyone 5 yrs younger than me (and yes it would be legal in all countries).
    But what if, I met that one person who made me feel like a million dollars and blew all of my ageism out of the window.
    If my son at 16 decided to marry a 50 yr old woman I'd be fuming, but in the end it's his choice and people have the right to choose their path all we can do is help them up if they fall.
    What if she loves him til the day he dies? Why would that be wrong. I can't judge either of them on their choices.
    If she'd been 12 then that would be very wrong indeed but she was 16, she married him and that's her bed, she's chosen to lay in. She seems happy with her choice. As long as it's within the law, live and let live, that's all there is to it.
    We can't make decisions for others, because we're not them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you and ScreamingTree<3 engaged/married?

How mature and you want me to take you seriously after implying I am a kid or some creepy freaky that preys on the young?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction fan I'm guessing?

And you had the audacity to question my age?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakone-Bee wrote: »
    Earlier on she said her ideal night is ordering an Italian, opening a bottle of wine and then making love to her husband. I'm sorry, but it is disturbing and that's why his family have disowned him.

What's wrong with that?
    I don't understand why you find that disturbing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with that?
    I don't understand why you find that disturbing.

They find it disturbing because he's 53 and she's 19. Nevermind that she's been with him for 3 years.
    Forum Member
    They find it disturbing because he's 53 and she's 19. Nevermind that she's been with him for 3 years.

WHat do you find disturbing about it exactly??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    WHat do you find disturbing about it exactly??

Nothing, she made her choice and that's her business, she seems to love him and miss him and if all she wants is a romantic night in with her hubby, who am I to judge her on that? Better than wanting to go out and get pissed and sleep with anyone willing.
    Forum Member
    Nothing, she made her choice and that's her business, she seems to love him and miss him and if all she wants is a romantic night in with her hubby, who am I to judge her on that? Better than wanting to go out and get pissed and sleep with anyone willing.

Sorry, quoted the wrong post ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Sorry, quoted the wrong post ;)

:D ok, you had me there, I've already been accused of being young and wanting an old man for myself or old and wanting a young boy for myself. I fit neither of those categories, just think the milks already been spilt and if they are happy whats the biggie?