Katie Hopkins and Cilla Black

BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
Forum Member
✭✭
In the same weekend as releasing an article saying she fears she may die during brain surgery for her epilepsy,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/katie-hopkins-reveals-fear-she-will-die-during-brain-surgery-to-cure-epilepsy-10432500.html,

Katie is now bashing those who've sent their condolences about Cilla Black's death. I take it she doesn't want any celebrities to comment if anything happens to her then?

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/627836215744667648

Comments

• dodradedodrade Posts: 23,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite possibly the first sensible thing she's ever said.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    In the same weekend as releasing an article saying she fears she may die during brain surgery for her epilepsy,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/katie-hopkins-reveals-fear-she-will-die-during-brain-surgery-to-cure-epilepsy-10432500.html,

Katie is now bashing those who've sent their condolences about Cilla Black's death. I take it she doesn't want any celebrities to comment if anything happens to her then?

If 'celebrities' don't comment on your death, does it mean you didn't exist?
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »

Not a fan of Katie but I must say she has hit the nail on the head. Such sickening comments about Cilla and yet we all know she had a dreadful reputation with fellow stars and often the public. It just seems odd that people twitter comments yet if you were a real friend you would call, go and see her sons, or write a letter or card. It seems everyone has to comment. It is all so insincere and typical Showbiz These comments about her leaving Liverpool but she was still a Liverpool Girl is rubbish, just ask any cabin crew that has served her over the last ten years or so!!
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Correct.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only one per cent....cant stand the woman..
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it was very well known in the entertainment industry that the woman was not that pleasant to those around her during her peak and beyond.
    So I guess Hopkins is making a valid point about the glaring hypocrisy of celebs paying their condolences.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, when you think about it, the TV broadcasters aren't going to want negative comments about her. I'm guessing the TV broadcasters will have told the reporter to only go to the celebrities that were known to have liked Cilla. Unless the reporter did go to some celebrities that weren't too keen on her and they just lied about what they thought of her.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Hopkins makes it all about her as usual - although I do actually agree with the point she makes. A bit more tasteful than her comments after Peaches Geldof's death I suppose - but that wouldn't be difficult.
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member

^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree!
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a stopped clock, she's right occasionally, but Hopkins has no talent and her entire career is based on being nasty and unpleasant.

Whereas Cilla only did that as a hobby ;-)
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Hopkins' track record means nothing she says is ever taken seriously. If people ignored her she would go away.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The woman just died - what is wrong with Hopkins?
    Imagine if her family read that :(
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Katie Hopkins to judge who is sincere or not? Does she know everybody who knew Cilla?

Cilla may have had an unpleasant side like most people, but there are some who really liked her as well as some who disliked her. I'm sure there are some who are sincere in their sorrow of her death.

Of course, only those who knew her in-depth on a personal level knows what she was really like as a person out of the spotlight.
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 2,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lionel Blair going on ad nauseum about what a wonderful talented person Cilla was and how close he was to her. At the end of the interview he asked the presenter to send his love to her family. Surely if he "loved" her and was as close to her as he said, wouldn't he contact the family directly to express his condolences?:confused:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Exactly, maybe Cilla wasnt very nice or pleasant at times but the woman has just died. But then Hopkins wouldnt know what tact was.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cromwell wrote: »
    Lionel Blair going on ad nauseum about what a wonderful talented person Cilla was and how close he was to her. At the end of the interview he asked the presenter to send his love to her family. Surely if he "loved" her and was as close to her as he said, wouldn't he contact the family directly to express his condolences?:confused:

He was cringeworthy to watch - when asked when he last saw her he ignored the question and said he could not go back to Spain as she would not be there.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she certainly woke Lord Shugs up!

Fight! Fight! Fight!
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember watching the end of Cilla Black's ITV tribute show celebrating her 50 years of showbusiness 2 years ago? Ms Black hardly got the stand-up ovation from other celebrity "friends" in the audience which she may have been hoping for. It's the 1st time that I have to agree with Ms Hopkins on this subject. I still can't get over how these so-called "mates" are rushing up to pour their hypocritical "tributes" on the late Cilla Black (RIP).
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I like about KH, is her political allegiance. She is a media ****, who thrives on causing controversy, and being talked about.
    I have been epileptic since birth and, although surgery is not an option, as I have epilepsy on both sides of my brain, it was explained by my consultant as having three possible outcomes : death, no change, become a cabbage. Even if I could have, I would not have taken the risk. She only suffers seizures at night; why she would even contemplate surgery, is beyond my comprehension.
    I am doubtful, as to whether she will have the operation. The issue gives the public another reason to think about her.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Who is Katie Hopkins to judge who is sincere or not?

I think she is absolutely spot on. There has been a rush to gush, and for the most part, it will be from people who simply have to get on board with whatever the latest sentiment-of-the-day is, because it's what they have to be seen to be doing, for their own benefit.

The reason her comment has caused such indignation is because it is true, and people don't like hearing the truth when it involves them being made to feel a bit embarrassed.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cromwell wrote: »

To be fair, Lionel has always been like that about almost everyone within his showbiz generation and rather betrays a typical 60's/70's attitude-many variety acts and celebrities of the time were generally equally as gushing about each other onscreen, panel shows for instance were just luvvy love ins most of the time.

As for Katie, well she has taken a route to celebrity that would not have been open to her back in Lionels heyday and basically does the only thing that can keep her in the public eye-writes largely outrageous insensitive and appalling stuff designed specifically to get a reaction.. Arguably if everyone ignored her she wouldn't be in a that job. Easier said than done though.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Well, when you think about it, the TV broadcasters aren't going to want negative comments about her. I'm guessing the TV broadcasters will have told the reporter to only go to the celebrities that were known to have liked Cilla. Unless the reporter did go to some celebrities that weren't too keen on her and they just lied about what they thought of her.

Some of the obits I've seen appear to have been carefully worded. Whether that's me reading too much into them or they really have, I don't know, but they can certainly be read a couple of ways.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, its hard to admit, but this poisoness harridan is brutally bang on it here, and I love the term 'rush to gush'...its embarrassing to read all the 'tweets' like it only matters if the celebrities have something to say about this.

Her close friends, of which someone like Paul O'Grady obviously was one, have the right to express condolences, but the controlled media-savvy manner of many of these tweets are just so cringeworthy.

By the way, it doesn't matter if Cilla was well-liked or not, you can still respect her career in broadcasting and her determination in getting to the top.
  • The SnowmanThe Snowman Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbelievably I agree with her. It's just a sycophantic sympathy parade as public figures come out to look good and praise a 'national treasure'.

You know it's gone too far when George Galloway is tweeting his sadness for the Arch-Tory and Thatcher supporter's death
    https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/627810382741143552

I even saw bloody Owen Jones of The Guardian going on about how nice of a person she was!
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »

I don't think there will be many celebrity comments when KH finally pops her clogs. Sales of Champagne will rise dramatically for a few days though.