Options

Simon

MrsTabsMrsTabs Posts: 92
Forum Member
Love him or hate him but my heart broke a little bit for him tonight

Yes he could have chosen not to include the footage but I kinda liked seeing the human Simon

Comments

• Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it uncomfortable
  • Options
    MrsTabsMrsTabs Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Indeed but another person's grief is uncomfortable
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I felt for him. :(
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for him too but it shouldn't have been dragged out the way it was. It was all about Simon and Cheryl, not the guy that was singing.
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With respect to Simon's mum's family it was X factor style tacky.Uncomfortable is the word.
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was heartbreaking seeing him like that, poor Simon :cry: I don't think they should've shown the bit backstage after the audition. It was upsetting enough without seeing that, a very sad note to the end the epsiode on too :(
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart broke for Simon :-(
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    It was very sad, like Simon or not, the guy is human at the end of the day. One thing though, where was Rita?
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a bit weird, what was wrong with him?

I liked how Nick continued on as normal and didn't really comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    It was a bit weird, what was wrong with him?

I liked how Nick continued on as normal and didn't really comment.

His mum died a few days before the audition
  • Options
    bruiser mhugebruiser mhuge Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I'm naturally quite cynical and yes the clips were typical X Factor and I'm definitely not one for contestants sob stories..........but even men with steel hearts would have been slightly moved by the last audition.....and the lad was a genuinely good singer and seemed a nice lad as well
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried. A lot!
  • Options
    Feline77Feline77 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a mess watching that. That was genuine emotion from Simon & he did his absolute best to maintain his composure but you could tell he just didn't have it in him to speak other than to vote yes. You could clearly see him winking at Cheryl when it was his turn to give a critique as a signal that he couldn't & she took over even though she too was struggling to get the words out. It was a very moving few minutes in a show that is so heavily staged the rest of the time.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is probably going to sound a bit off to some, but the show should maybe learn from this audition that the genuine bits from the show are the best bits and hands down beat all the contrived nonsense
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rare genuine moment of humanity and grief from a show that is normally pumped full of contrivances. Just goes to show that when they don't over egg things or ham it up, the impact is much more real.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually cried. First time ever I've cried at X Factor.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot are so gullible.. You need to read into Poor Simon's little tricks. It's just like him to use this unfortunate incident for some drama moments. If he was so distressed about his mum he Shouldn't have done the filming.. And he seemed fine until the marketable sad song singer came on.

Simon cares about 2 things.. Simon and his bank balance.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was genuine. The producers (and Simon to some extent) used it to their advantage but it was definitely genuine
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    It was genuine. The producers (and Simon to some extent) used it to their advantage but it was definitely genuine

Christ give me strength..
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Christ give me strength..

I'm one of the biggest cynics and conspiracists on these forums, they used it to their advantage and it was dramatised within an inch of its life but to suggest a mans grief over the loss of his mother wouldn't leak out onto film a little bit is ridiculous.
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost cried too. Now people can see he has a heart too.
  • Options
    BohochicBohochic Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Truly, I'm one of the most sentimental and gullible people you could meet but I thought that was dreadful. I can totally identify with Simon's feelings having lost my own lovely Mum at Christmas but boy, they milked that for all it was worth. There was absolutely no need to show the footage backstage, why would you? Grief isn't something to be paraded in front of the nation, Cheryl sobbing a long behind, embarrassing at best, cynical at worst.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    You lot are so gullible.. You need to read into Poor Simon's little tricks. It's just like him to use this unfortunate incident for some drama moments. If he was so distressed about his mum he Shouldn't have done the filming.. And he seemed fine until the marketable sad song singer came on.

Simon cares about 2 things.. Simon and his bank balance.

if having a heart makes me gullible then so be it.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt for Simon but I couldn't help but feel it was being exploited a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I felt for Simon but I couldn't help but feel it was being exploited a bit.

I do think that they shouldn't have included the end bit as it was emotional enough as it was, it's common knowledge that Simon was incredibly close with his mum so I doubt his grief was for the camera (I'm not saying you said that by the way)