"Second is Jessie J, and she likes... the limelight."

-Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
Forum Member
Thank God one of them pointed it out! :D

Irritates me how she always has to be at the forefront somehow, even when she hasn't turned around for the act.
Hoping she gets less annoying now the auditions are over, she's the only downside to the show for me at the minute.

Comments

• BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    She said herself "damn right". :D I don't see the problem she's just trying to brighten up the show.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm feeling positive about the show, but right now it's a struggle to not let Je-je-jessie J annoy me :(
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's fun, I can see how it's annoying though. Being annoyed is kinda fun with this kind of show though.
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she's being entertaining, she's got used to the role of being a TV personality quite well.

Tom Jones, on the other hand, is lifeless.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Kingsy wrote: »
    At least she's being entertaining, she's got used to the role of being a TV personality quite well.

Tom Jones, on the other hand, is lifeless.

I don't mind Tom - I like him more than I expected, actually, thought he'd be full of self-importance. My biggest complaint about him is he doesn't seem to be attempting to diversify his team; goes for the same type of singer every time.

I do think him and Will should swap seats though, I find Danny and Will's interactions hilarious, whereas Tom doesn't get involved much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    I don't mind Tom - I like him more than I expected, actually, thought he'd be full of self-importance. My biggest complaint about him is he doesn't seem to be attempting to diversify his team; goes for the same type of singer every time.

I do think him and Will should swap seats though, I find Danny and Will's interactions hilarious, whereas Tom doesn't get involved much.

They are sitting in the same positions as their American clones, and no doubt the Oz ones will stick to exactly the same seating and cloned judge style.
    Cause apparently it works.
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    preston41 wrote: »
    They are sitting in the same positions as their American clones, and no doubt the Oz ones will stick to exactly the same seating and cloned judge style.

Adam Levine's on the left though, Danny's on the right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    preston41 wrote: »

but they aren't :s

otherwise danny would be where will is
    and will would be where jessie is
    in fact they would all be in completely different positions:

from left to righ it would be tom, jessie, will and danny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's great. Her impromptu Cilla was inspired.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've really liked Jessie J on this, and, while I knew her song Price Tag before, I had no real idea about her as a person. I've really found her endearing.

The one who really annoyed me was Danny "I'll turn round if someone else does"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I've really liked Jessie J on this, and, while I knew her song Price Tag before, I had no real idea about her as a person. I've really found her endearing.

The one who really annoyed me was Danny "I'll turn round if someone else does"

He has turned around on his own quite abit
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendyh22 wrote: »

Actually, more than anybody else.

Amazing how editing can skew reality.
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found her annoying at first but I really like her now, she is obviously smart, knows her stuff, she is funny, for a 24 year old she is quite something.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wendyh22 wrote: »

None of the other judges seemed quite so fascinated with what the other judges were going to do.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    She said herself "damn right". :D I don't see the problem she's just trying to brighten up the show.
    Yep. She's not stupid. She knows that she's the star of the show!
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I like her! And as for being in showbiz as a performer and NOT wanting the limelight? Dream on!
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before the show premiered, I was really looking forward to Jessie J, dreading Will.i.am, bit on the fence about Tom Jones, not sure about Danny.

Jessie has been very irritating for me to watch, a real turn off, not expecting that. She certainly loves hogging the limelight. Will.i.am is the complete opposite, he has turned out the best for me, so much for my pre judging lol. Danny needs to make up his own mind about turning round. Tom is Tom, I am a bit indifferent really to him, but kudos to him for being around so long.

Hope Jessie gets better when it is the lives.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Im finding Jessie irritating too.
    She started singing too right through someone talking then continued singing when one line would have been enough.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them all. I haven't found anyone annoying! I like the gentle mocking they do.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    Lighten the Tension for the Singers.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I think Danny was a bit uncharitable with that comment. It was childish. Of course she likes the limelight - that's her job.

I think it was more about him not being the centre of attention.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    I think Danny was a bit uncharitable with that comment. It was childish. Of course she likes the limelight - that's her job.

I think it was more about him not being the centre of attention.

Or it was just humorous banter - she didn't appear to be offended by it.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Or it was just humorous banter - she didn't appear to be offended by it.

No, it was a pointed comment in the guise of humorous banter thereby making it impossible to respond to in any way but appearing unaffected by it.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    I found her annoying at first but I really like her now, she is obviously smart, knows her stuff, she is funny, for a 24 year old she is quite something.

I agree. I knew very little about her before this show, but I find her very entertaining now.

I have never been a fan of Tom Jones and still haven't changed my views. If he isn't boasting about who he knows, it appears he has very little to say.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    No, it was a pointed comment in the guise of humorous banter thereby making it impossible to respond to in any way but appearing unaffected by it.

Similar to Jessie's comment to Danny about wearing denim then?