Options

Winners and losers

Comments

• Options
    tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Digiguide there was only one showing of the last episode (2.17, Matters of the Heart) on ITV2, so I don't know how some people could have seen it without sign language, unless it's on some other channel too. If so, please let us know which one! (I'm recording on a Freeview PVR, but I assume ITV2 is the same on any platform, and the same as ITV2+1.)

ITV2 is also repeating some older episodes, on other days of the week. Perhaps the people who saw an episode without sign language were watching one of those. The new episodes are on Sunday/Monday night.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    I record off ITV2 HD on Sky.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Recorded on Sunday/monday. Didn't have no signing on mine. Hopefully that will continue.
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A compilation of some previous posts before Sunday/Mondays Double Header...
    Stigid wrote: »
    No sign language on the one I watched, on Freeview, even though it was listed as SL on SKY!

SKY+HD was with SL though.

I've just On Demanded it, to confirm, complete with SL.

And it is the episode you mentioned.
    Freeview SD, perhaps ITV2HD on SKY+HD was a different version ?
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Same here. Recorded on Sunday/monday. Didn't have no signing on mine. Hopefully that will continue.

W&L's is out there without SL !!

Record on SKY+HD & Freeview ? I do.

I wonder if it's to do with which part of the Country you live in, and how that is fed for transmission.

SKY transmit two feeds, one for the South, One for the North / Scotland/ Ireland.

Fingers crossed for the double header this coming Sunday / Monday am.

Heads Up.... Double Episode night (Morning !)

Heads Up..... #6 (Ep 18/22)

W&L's Sunday 2nd December is actually on Monday 3rd December @ 00:35.

(Half past Midnight)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heads Up..... #7 (Ep 19/22)

W&L's Sunday 2nd December is actually on Monday 3rd December @ 01:40.

(One and a half hours past Midnight !!)

2nd / 3rd December appear to be the last episodes in the series.

There is no W&L's the following week on the EPG.

Even though they appear to be 3 episodes short ...
    mastanlem wrote: »
    Next airing after 2nd/3rd Dec is 16th/17th Dec 2 episodes.

Marina

A Christmas Eve early morning series Finalé ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to hear that some lucky people are getting no signing. Though Digiguide shows "signed" on ITV2 HD as well as ITV2. Anyway, I haven't got Sky, but I've got Freesat as well as Freeview, so I'll try recording from both.

P.S. I forgot that I'd already recorded the last episode on Freesat as well as Freeview. So I just now checked the Freesat recording. That's got bloody signing too. :cry:

BTW I'm in the south east.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that anyone here who doesn't get signing should post in what region they live, and on which platform, so that others can try this next time.

( SKY / Freesat / Freeview / ITV Player etc..... HD or SD )
  • Options
    lesley167lesley167 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I record this on sky itv2hd 12.55am Mondays and there has never been any signing and its always on at the same time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

SKY+HD ITV2 HD.......... NO Signing

SKY+HD ITV2 SD.......... Signing

Freeview ITV2 SD.......... Signing

Granada Region....

I'm off to bed now, I'll watch the two episodes daytime Monday !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heads Up.... Double Episode night (Morning !)

Heads Up..... #8 (Ep 20/22)

W&L's Sunday 16th December is actually on Monday 17th December @ 00:10.
    Bec discovers that A$9000 is missing from her bank account and soon traces it back to her father. Meanwhile, Jenny and Glenn split after he admits he still has feelings for his ex-wife, Sophie and Doug try to work through their problems and Frances and Jasmine deal with Ollie moving in permanently.

Heads Up..... #9 (Ep 21/22)

W&L's Sunday 16th December is actually on Monday 17th December @ 01:05.

Bec and Matt's plan for a dream home hits a snag when their deal falls through at the last minute. Meanwhile, Sophie discovers that she is pregnant and decides to have an abortion, Frances and Zach have to face a hard decision when he is offered a new job in Abu Dhabi, and Callum decides to follow his heart and go after Jenny. .

Getting them in before Christmas .....

Just one more episode to go !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Final Episode of Series Two.... 2012

This Is Our Last Goodbye

Heads Up..... #9 (Ep 22/22)

W&L's Sunday 23rd December is actually on Monday 24th December @ 01:50. ITV2
    Rhys and Jonathan decide to get married before he and Zach depart for Abu Dhabi. Meanwhile, Sophie and Flynn go to Kenya to scatter Cat's ashes and oversee the building of the clinic, Doug struggles with his break-up and Callum and Jenny get engaged. Also, Frances wins her case against Jackson, the belligerent bouncer - but that is not the end of matters. Last in the series.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the last few episodes yet, because of the signing. They're sitting on my PVR, so I may watch them eventually. I'm kind of hoping (against hope) that they'll be broadcast again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tichtich wrote: »
    It's good to hear that some lucky people are getting no signing.

P.S. I forgot that I'd already recorded the last episode on Freesat as well as Freeview. So I just now checked the Freesat recording. That's got bloody signing too. :cry:

SKY+HD ITV2 HD.......... NO Signing

SKY+HD ITV2 SD.......... Signing

Freeview ITV2 SD.......... Signing
    tichtich wrote: »
    I haven't watched the last few episodes yet, because of the signing. They're sitting on my PVR, so I may watch them eventually. I'm kind of hoping (against hope) that they'll be broadcast again.

So, NO signing on SKY+HD ITV2HD, but signing on Freesat, was it in HD ?

ITV2 SD on SKY+HD had signing.

The current series 2 is being repeated on ITV2, late on, a few episodes behind.

You never know, they might be signing free, though I doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, NO signing on SKY+HD ITV2HD, but signing on Freesat, was it in HD ?
    ITV2 HD isn't available on Freesat.
    The current series 2 is being repeated on ITV2, late on, a few episodes behind.

You never know, they might be signing free, though I doubt it.
    Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll wait and see.

EDIT. I just checked Digiguide, and it looks like they've only been repeating season 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Have I missed a double bill or an episode shown at a different time as I've checked the listings for the new few weeks and it looks like S02E19 (To Have & To Hold) is being left out. E18 was last Sunday, then E20 and 21 are next Sunday.
  • Options
    zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    newry67 wrote: »
    Have I missed a double bill or an episode shown at a different time as I've checked the listings for the new few weeks and it looks like S02E19 (To Have & To Hold) is being left out. E18 was last Sunday, then E20 and 21 are next Sunday.

Yes 18 and 19 were shown as a double bill last week, should be on itv player if you want to catch up.
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we likely to get series 3? I really hope so, but I think not!
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Are we likely to get series 3? I really hope so, but I think not!

After what they've done to this series, I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance.
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    After what they've done to this series, I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance.

Thought as much :rolleyes:

So annoying being suckered into a good program for it to be dropped.
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the build up in the final episode with several characters facing doom. We'll just have to guess the outcome. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And NO signing on ITV2HD on SKY !
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope there is another series. It can't end like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Why this brilliant show is teated so badly is beyond me. It is so much better than some of itv2's other broadcasts, and deserves a much better time slot.
  • Options
    Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping an old thread, but any fans of winners and losers, apparently ITV2 wont be showing season 3 (check out the uk facebook page)

If you're a fan of the last 2 seasons, it's up to episode 5 on season 3 in Australia now, you can watch it on line (wont give links, don't think DS would like it!,but there's links on the facebook page)

I've watch them up to date, it's still good!
  • Options
    zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Thanks Rocket Queen I would have missed it was on.

The official site doesn't work for the UK, do you mind sending me a PM for the link that are using, I'm a bit nervous of viruses, thanks if you don't mind :)
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Winners and Losers was the only show worth watching on ITV 2. Such a shame this has been axed, but it was expected as it was treated awfully by them. How do you expect the show to build an audience when it keeps being moved around.

Five should buy it - it would fit with their other Aussie show.