Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oo aah up the Spivs
    Said oo ah up the Spivs!!
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    If they were the same club they would have been playing in the SPL last season and they wouldn't have played Forres Mechanics in the Scottish Cup either.

Changing division doesn't make you a new club.

As for the Scottish Cup, Rangers entered at the same stage as the other Division Three clubs.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,312
    Forum Member

As for the Scottish Cup, Rangers entered at the same stage as the other Division Three clubs.

Club with Memberships and Licenses to play in Assoiciations and Leagues dont need to apply to trade them with "the same club" haha

We are the people, we want to swap our licences and memberships from Rangers to the new... eh, sorry to the same club.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Scottish Cup is seeded based on the league position a club finished in the previous season.

If it was the same team they would have entered the cup at the same time at the top seeded teams. They didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Scottish Cup is seeded based on the league position a club finished in the previous season.

If it was the same team they would have entered the cup at the same time at the top seeded teams. They didn't.

No, entry to the round Rangers entered at was based on your division in the same season i.e. Division Three.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    Club with Memberships and Licenses to play in Assoiciations and Leagues dont need to apply to trade them with "the same club" haha

We are the people, we want to swap our licences and memberships from Rangers to the new... eh, sorry to the same club.

The application was to transfer the SPL share from the old company which ran the club to the new company. That was knocked back. The club continues with the same SFA membership as always, just in a different division.

As does the obsession you lot have with us. :)
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, entry to the round Rangers entered at was based on your division in the same season i.e. Division Three.
    And teams that finish in the SPL the previous season are exempt from round 3.

Yet The Rangers still took part in that round.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you gits STILL blithering on about what bloody round rangers were last season?????

NO ONE SODDING CARES

what round are they in THIS season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    And teams that finish in the SPL the previous season are exempt from round 3.

Yet The Rangers still took part in that round.

Exempt is not the same as banned. Rangers went into the tournament at the appropriate round for a Division 3 club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exempt is not the same as banned.
    Seriously? That's your argument?

Funny how the SFA rules are bent when it suits you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where you entered the Scottish Cup last season was based on your seeding. Your seeding was based on where you finished in the league structure the previous season.

That is why Dunfermline, Falkirk, Hamilton and Livi went in at the 4th round stage and not the 3rd round stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Seriously? That's your argument?

Funny how the SFA rules are bent when it suits you.

So you think exempt means the same as banned?

Did you really expect a team to enter the competition then go back out without losing a game then go back in again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where you entered the Scottish Cup last season was based on your seeding. Your seeding was based on where you finished in the league structure the previous season.

That is why Dunfermline, Falkirk, Hamilton and Livi went in at the 4th round stage and not the 3rd round stage.

No, as I alluded to earlier, the criteria for entry were not on the same basis for every round. The criterion for the round where Rangers entered was based on the club's league stratus at that time, not on the season before. Check the SFA rules for the season concerned if you want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you think exempt means the same as banned?
    Did I say that?
    Did you really expect a team to enter the competition then go back out without losing a game then go back in again?
    If that's what the rules say... (you know, those same rules that The Rangers used as proof that the SFA acted outside their powers).
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikael Lustig, is out for 4 month with a double hip opp :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm surprised you aren't blaming big Lurch for him need the operation. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised you aren't blaming big Lurch for him need the operation. :p

If I thought, I could get away with it.... I would trust me, but I dont want to upset B7 !! :p:D
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge blow. Luckily, we have good cover with Matthews and Fisher.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If they weren't the same club then how can they still advertise as winning the title a world record 54 times and UEFA, SFA, ECA and the ASA all agree?
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    United - Aberdeen on new years day is setting itself up to be a cracker.

Looking forward to it already. :)
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    United - Aberdeen on new years day is setting itself up to be a cracker.

Looking forward to it already. :)

Yes can't wait United weren't as good today but still got the win.

Crowd of 8000 not too bad considering the form they are in they should not be getting any less than 10000 a game. Not many away fans

Game will be a 14000 sell out as United have very few tickets left
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Yes can't wait United weren't as good today but still got the win.

Crowd of 8000 not too bad considering the form they are in they should not be getting any less than 10000 a game. Not many away fans

Game will be a 14000 sell out as United have very few tickets left

In a way I want United to win their next two games just so it sets it up ever more.

No idea who will win, both teams in great form, Aberdeen won 8 of last 10, United won their last 6 matches.

I think United will rightly be favourites, the only negative against them really is that in 5 games this season against the 3 other teams chasing 2nd this season they have only won 1 out of 5 and lost 3 where as Aberdeen have won all 5 games against United, Caley and Well.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a way I want United to win their next two games just so it sets it up ever more.

No idea who will win, both teams in great form, Aberdeen won 8 of last 10, United won their last 6 matches.

I think United will rightly be favourites, the only negative against them really is that in 5 games this season against the 3 other teams chasing 2nd this season they have only won 1 out of 5 and lost 3 where as Aberdeen have won all 5 games against United, Caley and Well.

I agree with your summary. It's been a strange season as there is this massive gap between top 6 and bottom.

There is only really 1 top 6 place up for grabs between st Johnstone and hibs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday...... The Naitch :)
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What level could this Ryan Gauld play at? I really hope he doesn't have an English or Irish gran!