Options

Final Fantasy X

Comments

• Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are generally in numerical order though. The best way to keep track of them is to be making sure you collect them in order. Later on it can go out of order though once you're in the 20s.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I thought I'd been meticulous, but obviously not as it looks like I've definitely missed some.

Oh well, second playthrough it is then.....
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thunder tips guys :D

Will keep trying.
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any tips for Jecht? I dont seem to be making a dent in him. He keeps recovering health.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    There is no enemy Jecht. Wats his proper name?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    There is no enemy Jecht. Wats his proper name?

Um, braskas final aeon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't mmean to be a dick but looking at the guide I couldn't find Jecht.

Despite dedicating a page to this fight there isn't really any proper tips. Use haste, protect and regen. The pillars have 5k health but increase each time you defeat him. They fill his overdrive and heal him by 1.5k regularly. If you kill email they come back a few rounds later. If you only kill one, the other one will cast osmose and other status effects.

Keep your aeons for the second round. Try to protect against petrification. Tidus can reduce the Final Aeons overdrive only twice by use the Talk Trigger command. Keep this for the second round too.

Rikku can mix a Mega or Hyper Vitality to double the HP of all characters.

He is also vulnerable to all breaks but the pillars will lift them right away. Holy, Flare and Ultima are really effective.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any tips for Jecht? I dont seem to be making a dent in him. He keeps recovering health.

I have a few,

Again the first is level a lot, this is a RPG and without wanting to sound harsh most of the problems you have had have been from a lack of progress of the sphere grid

Second, get a few celestial weapons (ultimate weapons) for a few characters, having upgraded celestial weapons allows you to easily break the damage limit of 9999, mine are hitting for about 99999 each turn, so that would mean 3 hits and the boss is done

Third fine a way to get Doublecast for a character, mainly Lulu with way far you have progressed in the grid and Doublecast flare on him for (hopefully) just shy of 20,000 hp each turn

Lastly use overdrives to your advantage, Wakka has one of the best moves in the game if you get all his overdrives, attacks reels is the one you really need though, with a strong enough Wakka you could easily defeat the second form in one hit, aside from that Slice and Dice for tidus can do serious damage if you get the button press right and don't forget that Yuna can give any Aeon a full overdrive meter

Any of those should give you a higher chance of getting through
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right it has taken me 12 hours and 40 minutes but I have finally got the primer I missed at Bevelle. Time to go back to my real save and do some grinding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a shame, having to go so far out of the way for 1 primer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    That's a shame, having to go so far out of the way for 1 primer.

Yeah really frustrating but thankfully it's done now. I've been thinking that I don't think I'm going to use Wakkas celestial weapon as it means I don't have to do the last blitzball part. I'll just make a weapon for him I think. It'll have break damage limit, evade and counter, magic counter and one more I'm not sure with yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sensor!!!!!

I might cut back on the blitzball too but I still want Wakkas celestial weapon.

So I'm exploring now after getting the airship and I went to the Omega Ruins to grind but I don't think I'm strong enough for it yet. I haven't died yet but I'm running around the save point and replenishing HP and MP after every fight as each battle feels like a boss fight. Is there somewhere I should grind before here or should I suck it up and keep found what I'm doing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was thinking sensor but most things are immune to it now anyway.

What you're doing is probably best. I trained while collecting monsters then spammed One Eye for the leveling weaponry and then did the Don Tonberry trick (which I'm doing now) but if you're not strong enough to beat One Eye yet then what you're doing is best. It's what I did for a while until I got bored of it anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was taking the pi$$ with sensor. I'm sure you'll find something more beneficial than that.

I have starated capturing. I think I have 4 areas clear. There always seems to be one enemy in each area with a very low spawn rate. I might jump between omega and capturing for a while.

So did you not build the AP weapons for anyone?? Did you just farm them all from one eye??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah fair enough lol :)

Yeah I just got the Triple AP weapons for everyone from One Eye and then added Triple Overdrive and Overdrive to AP myself. It did take a while though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh it only has triple ap. Cool. I might go down that road too. Cheers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah there is one monster that drops all three but I can't remember which one it is and I think it'll take a lot to beat it.
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Right it has taken me 12 hours and 40 minutes but I have finally got the primer I missed at Bevelle. Time to go back to my real save and do some grinding.

I just had to go back to home to get primer XX aswel. In the cave after mount gagazet on my main file now. Not long until I get access to the ship and can crack on with some sidequests.

For those of you going for the platinum, or maxing your characters how did you deal with hitting the end of a persons path? My chars are starting to reach there now, afew already have, and using a lvl 3/4 key to advance isn't ideal as I think the end of Tidus' grid branches into Yunas and obviously that isn't optimal for him at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided to work on getting some armour for some characters just to mix it up a bit. I've managed to get an armour for Tidus with Break HP Limit and Auto Regen and then I added Auto Haste. I've also got an armour for Auron with Break HP Limit and Ribbon and I added Auto Phoenix to it. Thank god this is the International version of the game and Zanmato seems to be occurring a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »
    I just had to go back to home to get primer XX aswel. In the cave after mount gagazet on my main file now. Not long until I get access to the ship and can crack on with some sidequests.

For those of you going for the platinum, or maxing your characters how did you deal with hitting the end of a persons path? My chars are starting to reach there now, afew already have, and using a lvl 3/4 key to advance isn't ideal as I think the end of Tidus' grid branches into Yunas and obviously that isn't optimal for him at the moment.

Yeah it's a pain isn't it. As for the paths I just dealt with him going through Yuna's really, didn't have much choice lol
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's a pain isn't it. As for the paths I just dealt with him going through Yuna's really, didn't have much choice lol

I think I'm going to keep him there until everyone gets to the end of their paths. Then I'll probably teleport him to the end of either Wakka or Aurons. Problem is at this point in the game I doubt I have more than 3 or 4 teleport/return spheres combined so hopefully some of the chars are atleast branching into a useful path.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to keep him there until everyone gets to the end of their paths. Then I'll probably teleport him to the end of either Wakka or Aurons. Problem is at this point in the game I doubt I have more than 3 or 4 teleport/return spheres combined so hopefully some of the chars are atleast branching into a useful path.

Good idea, that's probably best. I don't think teleport spheres are too easy to come by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can bribe Mandragora on Gagazet for 775k for a return sphere if that helps. Or bribe a dark element in the Cavern of Stolen Fayth for 45k for a return sphere. Or a coeurl in the calm lands for 150k for a friend sphere.

You can bribe barbatos in Sin for a teleport sphere for 2.4mil

Nemesis in the arena drops a warp sphere and you can steal another off him.

You can steal a friend sphere from Neslug in the arena.

Steal a teleport sphere from Thuban in the arena.

Sleep Sprout in the arena drops a teleport sphere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help, managed to finish the game. Not sure if I'm keen on playing X-2, is it really that bad?

Got to say I really liked the game but I prefer the story in XIII.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help, managed to finish the game. Not sure if I'm keen on playing X-2, is it really that bad?

Got to say I really liked the game but I prefer the story in XIII.

You prefer a story where all the bad guy has to say is his plan but he doesn't until near the end and then when the characters know the plan, they refuse to do what Barthandelus wants, by going exactly what he wants :confused:

I'm all for opinions and while X isn't the most straight forward the first time you play at least it makes sense, i'm being kind when i say XIII is easily the worst story i have ever encounter in any medium ever

When you need to read at times over 10 datalog entries just to have a chance of understanding what you have just watched that is bad story telling, when there are parts where the characters (all but literally) say that you need to do this part to grow stronger, when its clearly just ****ing padding with a few more corridors that is bad story telling

When i have done the game twice and still have no ****ing clue how anything works within the context of the world that is bad story telling

Sorry for the rant and like i said you can have your own opinion but for me XIII better than X in terms of story, no just no