Man United Supporters Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Do you mean me?

I said it didn't help he played the majority of time from midfield. I do believe he'd be more effective if he played up front more often, but that's just my opinion

No not you.

My point is Welbeck misses chances regardless of where he plays because the guy has no composure in front of goal. He ends up out on the wing because he is crap in front of goal, not the other way around.

His goal ratio in his entire career is 1 in 4.7 games. Even if you just look at the last three seasons it's the same, 1 in every 4.8 games. Compared to Hernandez who has 1 in 2.6 games for example.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Southampton now in limbo, will that speed up Shaw's mind to leave I wonder?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Luiz and Cole leaving Chelsea they would likely jump in for him and the kid is a Chelsea fan apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Luiz and Cole leaving Chelsea they would likely jump in for him and the kid is a Chelsea fan apparently.

Don't they already have a few left-backs at the club already, just that they have been over in Holland for a while I think, so they have more than enough players to not need Shaw, whereas we actually do need him!
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have any players actually knocked us back?

The transfer window isn't even open yet. It'd be nice to get some in before the World Cup, but it's hardly the end of the world.

On Shaw, Chelsea had supposedly been negotiating with him, only for Mourinho to decide he didn't want him.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

The transfer window isn't even open yet. It'd be nice to get some in before the World Cup, but it's hardly the end of the world.

On Shaw, Chelsea had supposedly been negotiating with him, only for Mourinho to decide he didn't want him.

Exactly, lets wait for the transfer window to actually open before we start crying that players are knocking us back.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly, lets wait for the transfer window to actually open before we start crying that players are knocking us back.

I think that it's just nerves, based on last summer.

If the last 12 months had never happened, I don't think that anyone would be the slightest bit worried. As it is, I think that we're all a little doubtful of our ability to pull in the top players.

The Mata signing should temper that a little. At the same time, I don't think that any of us want to get into a public situation that ends in embarrassment, a la Fabregas.

Most ludicrous headline that I've seen for a while? 'United quoted €40m for Gervinho'. Do me a favour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it's just nerves, based on last summer.

If the last 12 months had never happened, I don't think that anyone would be the slightest bit worried. As it is, I think that we're all a little doubtful of our ability to pull in the top players.

The Mata signing should temper that a little. At the same time, I don't think that any of us want to get into a public situation that ends in embarrassment, a la Fabregas.

Most ludicrous headline that I've seen for a while? 'United quoted €40m for Gervinho'. Do me a favour.

Gervinho,. who ever wrote that headline and story needs to be shot, never in a million years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gervinho,. who ever wrote that headline and story needs to be shot, never in a million years.

Blimey.

This thread is a breeding ground for football-based murderers, it would appear.

First Batdude wanted Woodward strung up, now you want a journalist shot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey.

This thread is a breeding ground for football-based murderers, it would appear.

First Batdude wanted Woodward strung up, now you want a journalist shot!

Good init :D:D::p;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Arjen Robben and Marco Reus for starters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arjen Robben and Marco Reus for starters.

Is there any evidence that we had any interest in either?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is evidence they have said they are not interested in joining us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is evidence they have said they are not interested in joining us.

I'm not interested in having sex with Miranda Hart.

I doubt that she'd see that as me 'knocking her back'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But alas the results remain the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But alas the results remain the same.

Not really, she hasn't asked me.

If she actually did ask me, she might offer me a shedload of money and I might be more interested.

Or I might not. I guess that we'll never know, if it never happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good article, and sums up a lot of negative feelings about Ed and the club very well.

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/reds-suffer-once-more-for-lack-of-market-focus/
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macheda has signed for Cardiff on a freebie
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Good luck to him, his goal against Aston Villa will probably define his whole career.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macheda has signed for Cardiff on a freebie

They paid to much :p
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,928
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Good luck to him, his goal against Aston Villa will probably define his whole career.

True, that goal for Macheda should of been the beginning of something special for him, in reality it was the beginning of the end for him. I have heard a few times he slacked off after that goal and argued with team mates as he thought he had made it and was now a big star in reality he was just a big time Charlie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That goal v Villa and the one the following week away v Sunderland will be his highlights with us, as sadly he really didn't kick on from there.
    I still remember a hat-trick that he scored for the reserves away at Newcastle at St James', with the third gpoal being at the time Benzema like, to think he let it all go to pot is such a shame really.

Good luck to him at Cardiff, hopefully Ole can bring the best out of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently AS in Spain are running a story that we approached Del Bosque in April, but he turned us down, he is an elder statesman now, but would have been an interesting choice if we could have got him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's hot rumour/spurious guff is that we're interested in PSG's Adrien Rabiot. 19 year-old central midfielder, apparently.

Courtesy of the Daily Mail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's hot rumour/spurious guff is that we're interested in PSG's Adrien Rabiot. 19 year-old central midfielder, apparently.

Courtesy of the Daily Mail.

Another duff story, why would he leave megabucks PSG, to join us?

Those sort of stories just make no sense.

I have seen that Anderson has been linked with a loan move to Santos in Brazil, I cannot see that happening either.

Another one, is that we have paid Miranda's ( from Atletico Madrid) release clause of €30 million, and he is looking for Schools in the area for his children!

Got to love silly season, and the window isn't even open yet!
This discussion has been closed.