Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Yeah i'm not expecting us to win the league next season but i expect an improvement on Last season, if we can get top 4 next year and maybe a cup, i would be over the moon. Not expecting miracles but like you more positive than last season due to the fact we have a world class manager in Van Gaal rather than an average manager like Moyes.

I do wonder if the Netherlands' relative success at the World Cup is raising expectation levels a little too high.

There's still an awful lot of dross in the squad, and we've lost a few players too.

That said, a couple more decent signings, and we really should be making the top 4.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if the Netherlands' relative success at the World Cup is raising expectation levels a little too high.

There's still an awful lot of dross in the squad, and we've lost a few players too.

That said, a couple more decent signings, and we really should be making the top 4.

Yep, once Van Gaal gets to start working with the team he will have an idea of who he wants, and who he would like to clear out.

I expect a few to be leaving in the summer once he has arrived through the Old Trafford door.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Big Poy wrote: »
    Do not sign Vidal, Do not sign Vidal.

Please.

Talk Sport resurrected the Carvalho story today saying it's almost done. Surely we would not sign Vidal if he arrived?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, once Van Gaal gets to start working with the team he will have an idea of who he wants, and who he would like to clear out.

I expect a few to be leaving in the summer once he has arrived through the Old Trafford door.

Timing is all important here Joey, LVG will have to work quick to offload the ones he identifies as surplus to requirements, whilst also signing those he may want before they go elsewhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please.

I'd think that our chances are slim to none. I could only see that coming off if Juventus were desperate to raise cash for Sanchez.

As Osusana says, I'd suspect that Carvalho is much more likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Timing is all important here Joey, LVG will have to work quick to offload the ones he identifies as surplus to requirements, whilst also signing those he may want before they go elsewhere?

Reckon he has a couple in the bag, but they wont be unveiled until he actually steps through the door at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    I'd think that our chances are slim to none. I could only see that coming off if Juventus were desperate to raise cash for Sanchez.

As Osusana says, I'd suspect that Carvalho is much more likely.

Not seen as much as him, but yeh Juve have no real reason to sell arguably their best player.

Reports coming out of Italy that your gonna bid around 60m for Cavani in the coming days.

Not messing about this summer by the looks of it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen as much as him, but yeh Juve have no real reason to sell arguably their best player.

Reports coming out of Italy that your gonna bid around 60m for Cavani in the coming days.

Not messing about this summer by the looks of it!

The Cavani rumours have been bubbling for some time.

I'd be stunned if it actually happened.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    The Cavani rumours have been bubbling for some time.

I'd be stunned if it actually happened.

At least the world cup hasn't upped his price any further! I reckon you'll be looking to bring a striker in though.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I had a suspicion of what that last picture was going to be, yet I still clicked it! :eek: :D

Bloody Nora. I don't know what's worse. The kite or the flab.

Mind you,I bet there's a bloke out there who'd make a move on her , given half a chance. ;-):o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least the world cup hasn't upped his price any further! I reckon you'll be looking to bring a striker in though.

Possibly, if we sell Hernandez. Otherwise, I don't see the point.
    Bloody Nora. I don't know what's worse. The kite or the flab.

Mind you,I bet there's a bloke out there who'd make a move on her , given half a chance. ;-)

Right here. Get me drunk enough and I'm anybody's.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    There's a good listen on the Radio iPlayer from earlier this evening, Radio 5 Live Sports panel discussion. 5 minutes on Holland's W/C chances, 5 minutes on LVG's performance and penalty decision, then after a break for the news summary, 10 minutes on United's prospects under LVG - who comes out of it very well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b048hts7 starting at 1h:20m.

The penalty expert they had on said the late GK change was a psychological surprise to Costa Rica and that's what won it for Holland. Well worth a listen.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we sign Hummels and Vidal, I expect a title challenge. If it's Vermaelen and Carvalho, then top four would suffice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    If we sign Hummels and Vidal, I expect a title challenge. If it's Vermaelen and Carvalho, then top four would suffice.

How about Hummels and Carvalho?
    Or de Vrij and Carvalho?
    Or Vidal and de Vrij?
    Or Vermaelen and Vidal?

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to The Express, we 'face competition from Barcelona', for Hummels.

Not sure how they're going to fund that, considering the money that they'll have to spend on Suarez.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    According to The Express, we 'face competition from Barcelona', for Hummels.

Not sure how they're going to fund that, considering the money that they'll have to spend on Suarez.

It's Barcelona, they usually find a way (if it's even true). They shouldn't even be signing players right now, yet they are. Team that should be banned from signing players signing a player who should be banned from playing, who no doubt will have that ban shortened when he's their player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    It's Barcelona, they usually find a way (if it's even true). They shouldn't even be signing players right now, yet they are. Team that should be banned from signing players signing a player who should be banned from playing, who no doubt will have that ban shortened when he's their player.

Barcelona and Madrid are teams that get away with all sorts, Barcelona will find a way to get what they want, they normally do.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »

I'd forgotten Barcelona had a transfer ban put in place originally for transfer irregularities, the fact they are about to sign a player who is also banned just shows how crazy it all is and the lengths Barcelona and Real Madrid can get away with. Real Madrid especially and Barcelona are clearly FIFA and UEFA'S favourite's hence why they get away with so much, also riles me how the Spanish banks have paid for there players in the past and written off 100's of millions of Euro's or Peseta. There is no other business in the world that would be able to get away with that. Quite shocking really when you think about it, if it wasn't for the Spanish bank's there is a good chance Barcelona and Real Madrid would be out of business and not 2 of the top teams in World Football and Sport.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If what I read is true and Van Gaal has us playing 3-4-3 what will Rooney's role be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please.

You taking the piss? He is quality and just what we need.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If what I read is true and Van Gaal has us playing 3-4-3 what will Rooney's role be?

Right or left attacker, I suspect
    You taking the piss? He is quality and just what we need.

He's a City fan (Big Poy, not Vidal).
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the bench ruing the day he criticised our transfer vision? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    On the bench ruing the day he criticised our transfer vision? :D

If so, we might have another Rooney transfer request saga, though even Wayne wouldn't be that thick would he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    If so, we might have another Rooney transfer request saga, though even Wayne wouldn't be that thick would he?

If Rooney found himself consistently on the bench, I wouldn't blame him for a second, if he looked for a move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently EuroSport are claiming we have had a £47.7 Million bid accepted by Real Madrid for Di Maria, might be rubbish but if true would be a huge statement of intent by United.
This discussion has been closed.