Does it bother anyone that Helen was a prostitute?

Comments

• Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It's awful, the way some people consistently make digs about it. Judge them all on what they do in the house.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of mine or anyone else's business and not something that anyone should be or made to feel ashamed of.

Agree.

I dislike her for some of the nasty behaviour she's displayed in the house, but I couldn't give a toss about her having previously been a sex worker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Oldnbold wrote: »
    What a derogatory comment. If you haven't paid for her services, have you paid others for their services?

Funnily enough Helen is not the one having sex in the BB house.

I don't care that its derogatory to Helen, so sorry if it offends you :D i don't know helen and i'm thankful for that.

And no i haven't paid anyone for services. Sorry if that dissapoints.
  • Hibernian88Hibernian88 Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Oldnbold wrote: »
    I couldn't care less how she has earned her money. It was her choice and she doesn't appear to have been forced in to it.

You couldn't care if she earned money through breaking the law in a disgusting way? No class, ironically she was "high class".

Having said that, peoples past becomes irrelevant once they've been in the house a week. Well, most people have that view, but there's always the 10% politically correct morons that never forgive amd forget.
  • ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    People that make money through sex are looked down on because of a cultural bias that has been perpetuated far too long. People like sex, some people like or need to pay for sex and some people are willing to provide a service... If you object to that then really that's your issues speaking.

They are not killing anyone, they are doing less harm than politicians.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Nope. Her body, her business.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Thad wrote: »
    People that make money through sex are looked down on because of a cultural bias that has been perpetuated far too long. People like sex, some people like or need to pay for sex and some people are willing to provide a service... If you object to that then really that's your issues speaking.

Yes exactly. Especially those having sex with young boys in care homes. And yet these are the pillars of our society.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I don't thinks she's a bully at all. In fact, I think she calls out a lot of hypocrisy around her.

If you look at how many people on this forum looking to hang Jale for her failings. And yet, Helen had misgivings about Jale early on.

There's just so much hypocrisy going on where Helen is concerned, but people will never give her the benefit of the doubt because she's loud.

Helen is the biggest hypocrite in there.
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Helen is the biggest hypocrite in there.

Let's measure hypocrisy from here on in now that little Ashleigh is tight in the group condemning Marlon. Why don't we?

At least Helen has shown a capacity to change her mind.

Has Ashleigh done that yet? But I guess sitting amongst everyone agreeing with them and then slating them behind their backs makes her a NON HYPOCRITE.

And yet you call Helen a hypocrite????????????

Please spare your warped logic on me.
    Forum Member

I take this point. Although i'm wondering who 'needs' to pay for sex?

Also... Less serious.... i like money, i need money, so i might as well just steal it from a bank. If can steal it without harming anyone then i'll do less harm than the banks :D
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Does it bother anyone that Helen was a prostitute?

I will assume this is a serious question OP?

If you look at almost any Helen thread on here you will see that is clearly does bother a hell or a lot of people a hell of a lot.

Some of the stuff said in thread after thread is pretty disgraceful. I've seen talk of gaping ruined vaginas, manky clunge awards, her being riddled with STD's, people call her slag **** etc all the time.. Others back slap, laugh and encourage this.

If you dare to point out this is OTT, you get swathes of the Helen detractors descend on you. Tin-hats are recommended.

It clearly really really bothers some people. .

Does it bother me? No, not in the slightest.
  • SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's measure hypocrisy from here on in now that little Ashleigh is tight in the group condemning Marlon. Why don't we?

At least Helen has shown a capacity to change her mind.

Has Ashleigh done that yet? But I guess sitting amongst everyone agreeing with them and then slating them behind their backs makes her a NON HYPOCRITE.

And yet you call Helen a hypocrite????????????

Please spare your warped logic on me.

This everyone is what we call WHATABOUTERY! When have no way to defend a ridiculous statement you talk about something or someone else who wasn't even part of the discussion. Let me repeat this there is nothing and I mean nothing that can be held as a possible excuse for Helens behaviour especially a tough upbringing or indeed prostitution.
    Forum Member
    A lot of people feel the need to pay for it. Some lonely people out there.

I know your not serious, but giant Strawman mate :)
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Yes exactly. Especially those having sex with young boys in care homes. And yet these are the pillars of our society.

So, Helen's not as bad as a paedophile? I'm sure she'll thank you for that compliment, when she gets out. :p
    Forum Member
    A lot of people feel the need to pay for it. Some lonely people out there.

I know your not serious, but giant Strawman mate :)

I dont agree anyone 'needs' to tbh... Theres other means.

Giant Strawman... i dont get it im afraid :confused:
    Forum Member
    SAFC_Derry wrote: »
    This everyone is what we call WHATABOUTERY! When have no way to defend a ridiculous statement you talk about something or someone else who wasn't even part of the discussion. Let me repeat this there is nothing and I mean nothing that can be held as a possible excuse for Helens behaviour especially a tough upbringing or indeed prostitution.

It's not ridiculous when Helen is accused as being the most hypocritical person in the house when the fm accusing me is an Ashleigh fan and where the HL show was where Ashleigh sat there in full agreement with her arch rival. Talk about wanting to get in with the in crowd and happy to be accepted? That's Ashleigh.
    Forum Member
    Look up 'stawman logical fallacy' I'm not having a go by the way, it's just that half hearted example you put up was a perfect definition of it.

I argue with creationists on forums, I'm pretty much over aware of logical fallacies ;)
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    You couldn't care if she earned money through breaking the law in a disgusting way? No class, ironically she was "high class".

Having said that, peoples past becomes irrelevant once they've been in the house a week. Well, most people have that view, but there's always the 10% politically correct morons that never forgive amd forget.

She broke no laws, prostitution is legal in the UK and there's nothing disgusting about two consenting adults having sex, except where one of them is Steven.
    Forum Member
    Look up 'stawman logical fallacy' I'm not having a go by the way, it's just that half hearted example you put up was a perfect definition of it.

I argue with creationists on forums, I'm pretty much over aware of logical fallacies ;)

But you said strawman and thay just made you look stupid rather than pretentious
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Plenty of people here have expressed faux outrage at it, so no strawman fallacy at all.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont agree anyone 'needs' to tbh...

Change the word 'needs' to 'wants' to then.
    Forum Member
    Plenty of people here have expressed faux outrage at it, so no strawman fallacy at all.

Also i would hardly say his/her original example is something that nobody on here is clever enough to understand. Probably pretentious enough to believe so rigjt enough.
    Forum Member
    Lol ok I look stupid. I just thought strawman fallacies were common knowledge. No harm no foul.

Digital Sid er what? Don't get u. Look at post 38, if that's not a strawman argument I don't know what would be.
    Forum Member

Then thats different altogether. I'm sure paying for dirty sex is part of the kick for some and like i said theres no harm in it at all.

But i'll still be derogatory about selling it ;-) Its not like Helen hasn't been derogatory in the house now lol.
    Forum Member

Perhaps she 'wanted' to instead of 'needed' to.

What does that change in her outlook of life?

Probably much worse in many respects.