BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    I'm doing well today - I dropped a full bottle of milk at the crack of dawn, like 7.30 this morning, and now I've just knocked over a glass of cream soda, fortunately in the opposite direction to my poota..
    Oooh. I thought i wasn't a jealous person until you mentioned you had cream soda.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,
    Just a quick post to say "Hi ya". Still having to post from the xbox, there was a whole new laptop ordeal *facepalm*.

Also, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Acker and Arte.

I've had a nasty fluy/vomity bug so I'm back off to cuddle up with Spidey on my couch now. But, I hope you're all doing really good & enjoying the spring weather.

*waves like an over enthusiastic Power Ranger*.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    TheElf wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Just a quick post to say "Hi ya". Still having to post from the xbox, there was a whole new laptop ordeal *facepalm*.

I've had a nasty fluy/vomity bug so I'm back off to cuddle up with Spidey on my couch now. But, I hope you're all doing really good & enjoying the spring weather.

Thankyou Elfy.:)
    Sorry to hear you are poorly, I wondered where you had got to......:(
    Hope you feel better soon and manage to sort out the laptop problems.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to GO, Lady T!!!!:D
    you deserve a very good send off.:cool:

She does deserve a good send off, though i am not sure they need to spend as much as that :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing well today - I dropped a full bottle of milk at the crack of dawn, like 7.30 this morning, and now I've just knocked over a glass of cream soda, fortunately in the opposite direction to my poota..

..hope there isnt a third ! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Hope you get your lappy sorted soon and that you feel better to before long!
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello all,

Hi Elfy :D

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you managed to crawl back to the couch unaided :p:D
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    ..hope there isnt a third ! :o

That will be when I sneak in and nick the rest of the cream soda. :p
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning to everyone who has appeared since I was last here :D

When it comes to State type funerals, do the next of kin have a say as to whether or not one takes place or can they say no thank you we want a small private funeral so bugger off :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will be when I sneak in and nick the rest of the cream soda. :p

...You wouldnt:confused::eek:...

Oh i guess you would! :p
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Morning SunTzu.:-))))))))))))))))
    Dreadful, couldn't even look at them.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    No, he just likes a beer or 3...:-p

He is around 60 years of age and very thin and wiry so it seems to go to his head quickly.
    Normally, the only drunkenness we see is among the tourists, Greeks generally prefer to OD on coffee...:-p
    I would keep my distance , and be aware.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Morning guys - pleasant morning, no sun but relatively mild:-)

I have the girls today, am feeling jaded already, not used to being catapulted into the day!

We're going to Pets at Home later, they can terrorise some small creatures for 10 minutes while I buy a crate for the soon-to-be-arriving puppy! I don't trust OH not to stand on her, or the kitten when she eventually arrives:-rolleyes:
    Morning JoJo.:-)))))))))))))
    Morning all :-D
    Morning Moots.:-)))))))))))))))
    :-D:-D

:-eek::-eek::-eek:
    I think the ear one could do with further modification..
    Ear Ear.
    Hello all,

Hello Elfy.:-)))))))))))

Sorry to hear your not well, i'm not either, i'm lucky, not vomiting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When it comes to State type funerals, do the next of kin have a say as to whether or not one takes place or can they say no thank you we want a small private funeral so bugger off :D

Don't know, i would have thought the family would be consulted:confused: I think i read somewhere that after the main service there will be a private one for the family, so it may have been agreed that way:confused:
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Oooh. I thought i wasn't a jealous person until you mentioned you had cream soda.

I only found out last year that this is freely available and no added sugar at S**nsburys - even our small City Centre store has it!:cool:
    I wonder if it is addictive, because I seem to be addicted...:eek:
    Forum Member
    Hello all,

Hello Elfy :D
    *Waves a soothingly healing hand in Elfy's direction*
    sorry you are poorly - get well soon, or else!
    She does deserve a good send off, though i am not sure they need to spend as much as that
    Her family is contributing, and seeing that she negotiated a multibillion pound rebate for Britain from Europe, I think we can afford to splash out a little.:)
    ..hope there isnt a third !
    Bound to be - I have to take Phoebe Mootle to the v e t for a final check up today, and I shall probably miss the bus. Or something...:(
    *makes note to hold on to pet carrier VERY firmly*
    That will be when I sneak in and nick the rest of the cream soda.
    gerroff you - you will NEVER find my stash!!

Hicky wrote: »
    Morning SunTzu.:-))))))))))))))))

Dreadful, couldn't even look at them.

I would keep my distance , and be aware.

Morning JoJo.:-)))))))))))))

Morning Moots.:-)))))))))))))))

Ear Ear.

Hello Elfy.:-)))))))))))

Sorry to hear your not well, i'm not either, i'm lucky, not vomiting.

sorry to hear that Hicky :(
    Get well soon, and don't you dare start vomiting :)
    Forum Member
    I only found out last year that this is freely available and no added sugar at S**nsburys - even our small City Centre store has it!:cool:
    I wonder if it is addictive, because I seem to be addicted...:-eek:
    I've had cans of Cream Soda from the chippy, it used to be so very popular when i was young, always bought bottle of it.
    Hello Elfy :-D
    *Waves a soothingly healing hand in Elfy's direction*
    sorry you are poorly - get well soon, or else!

Her family is contributing, and seeing that she negotiated a multibillion pound rebate for Britain from Europe, I think we can afford to splash out a little.:-)

Bound to be - I have to take Phoebe Mootle to the v e t for a final check up today, and I shall probably miss the bus. Or something...:-(
    *makes note to hold on to pet carrier VERY firmly*
    gerroff you - you will NEVER find my stash!!

sorry to hear that Hicky :-(
    Get well soon, and don't you dare start vomiting :-)
    I just hate being unwell, but i carry on as normal, won't let it stop me doing what i normally do.
    I think you have to fight it and keep eating or your defences might weaken with your strength
    Forum Member

I think you have to fight it and keep eating
    Oh i bet you do! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    I've had cans of Cream Soda from the chippy, it used to be so very popular when i was young, always bought bottle of it.

I just hate being unwell, but i carry on as normal, won't let it stop me doing what i normally do.
    I think you have to fight it and keep eating or your defences might weaken with your strength

did it used to be a lovely green colour Hicky? The cream soda that I drank in my youth was always green and usually had an ice cream in it..:cool:
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    The bit in the Syndicate about the husband in the cellar really was a bit too far fetched. Even so, I am pumping up the air-bed in the cellar and going out for sellotape soon. :p

:D We don't have a cellar - OH said he was glad of that!
    These bright sparks were obviously basing their opinion on the film about her starring Meryl Streep :rolleyes:

I thought that too - there are probably a lot of younger people who believe that was how it was:rolleyes:
    Hello all,

Hi Elfy - being poorly and having laptop issues at the same time is really not fair! Hope you feel better soon:cool:
    Forum Member
    did it used to be a lovely green colour Hicky? The cream soda that I drank in my youth was always green and usually had an ice cream in it..:-cool:
    It was green, yes, only had cans lately, they probably still do bottles, love it.
    we had to take the bottles back as they had money on them, and we used to collect them on the shore to take in, the shops must have sold 50 and got 300 back.:-)

I think later on they only took their own back.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Absolutely disgusting! HERE

We're constantly being reminded to suck up the 'austerity measures' (not if you're already rich of course), why the hell should the ordinary taxpayer have to fork out this obscene amount of money for this farce! :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.politicususa.com/film-director-calls-margaret-thatchers-8-million-funeral-privatized.html
    Forum Member
    Hello all,

* waves * like a mad thing to Elfy . Thanks. :)

afternoon any and all. :)
    Forum Member

I heard Frances Maud being interviewed earlier, blustering his way through the questions, ,most of which he avoided uncomfortably! He professes not to know how many people have been invited to the funeral, nor whether anyone has been invited from Argentina!

He pointed out that the family will pay for the funeral director's services etc., (not sure what etc means in this case). Also that all former PMs have large funerals, although admitted that the armed forces aren't always involved.

Military personnel involved, he said, are 'on the books' anyway and aren't being taken away from active service to take part in the proceedings.

ETA - I'm never sure whether -es or -is is the male version of the name:confused:
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »

:D I read somethign similar last night - put it out to tender and sell to the lowest bidder - regardless of quality!!
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I heard Frances Maud being interviewed earlier, blustering his way through the questions, ,most of which he avoided uncomfortably! He professes not to know how many people have been invited to the funeral, nor whether anyone has been invited from Argentina!

He pointed out that the family will pay for the funeral director's services etc., (not sure what etc means in this case). Also that all former PMs have large funerals, although admitted that the armed forces aren't always involved.

Military personnel involved, he said, are 'on the books' anyway and aren't being taken away from active service to take part in the proceedings.

ETA - I'm never sure whether -es or -is is the male version of the name:confused:

IS is male. :)
    Forum Member
    It was green, yes, only had cans lately, they probably still do bottles, love it.
    we had to take the bottles back as they had money on them, and we used to collect them on the shore to take in, the shops must have sold 50 and got 300 back.:-)

I think later on they only took their own back.

Evening Hicky :) We used to sometimes climb over the off license back wall and get a few " empties " from their crates and take them back in through the front door and get the money on them.and spend it on tosh :o......I really miss being 27.
This discussion has been closed.