Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I think it was ace.

Same, the most eggciting BGT's been.

Sorry, was a terrible yolk :(
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,973
    Forum Member
    galena wrote: »
    Publicity for Natalie is publicity for the show - every time anyone sees her they will think about her throwing eggs at Simon Cowell so I think the distinction you are making is artificial. The smile on her face when she was doing it said it all - this was not an angry woman driven to take desperate revenge for all the miming whatever that SC has inflicted on the world. This was a young woman happy in the knowledge she was being paid by BGT, likely to become an overnight celebrity and getting to throw eggs at Simon Cowell. I expect her to be invited back on the show at some point under some spurious pretext ;)

I don't think she was smiling because it was all some in-joke, I think it was her enjoying her moment in the limelight combined with adrenalin and nerves. If she is ever invited back onto the show as a guest under some pretext I shall eat my entire hat collection!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Publicity for Natalie is publicity for the show

I disagree.
    every time anyone sees her they will think about her throwing eggs at Simon Cowell

I agree

Publicity for Natalie is publicity for Natalie and that's it. She didn't do this for anyone else other than her own self centered notion that she was taking a stand against the big evil that is apparently Simon Cowell. The show will be a secondary concern at best.
    The smile on her face when she was doing it said it all - this was not an angry woman driven to take desperate revenge for all the miming whatever that SC has inflicted on the world. This was a young woman happy in the knowledge she was being paid by BGT, likely to become an overnight celebrity and getting to throw eggs at Simon Cowell. I expect her to be invited back on the show at some point under some spurious pretext ;)

As Ella above me said - the smile most likely was out of adrenaline and nerves and doesn't really say anything, obviously IMO.

I know the old adage is that there's no such thing as bad publicity, but I still fail to see how Cowell would concoct a scheme that would distract from the final, distract from the act that was performing and distract from the winners themselves.

And that would also paint him in a bad light as well once her reason was known for doing what she did.

For all this to be plausible, Cowell really would have to be almost at Dr Evil levels of comically megalomanical (if that's even a word :)).
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,917
    Forum Member
    For all this to be plausible, Cowell really would have to be almost at Dr Evil levels of comically megalomanical (if that's even a word :)).

He got away for years with a stream of new girlfriends who seemed to work at a nightclub his silver haired publicist had on his books, leading to stories in the sundays about the size of his manhood rather than his man boobs.

A man who was shagging a fellow judge on X-Factor, who may have been dependent on him for the job. Which was all kept hushed up for years.

Why was he so needy of the silverhaired one who's work was 90% of the time about providing 'protection'...apart from the size of his middle stump what did Simon have to hide?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I'm normally the last for conspiracy theories. But something about this just doesnt seem right.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quietened down already
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I disagree.
    well we will have to agree to differ on this one. (Though I did notice, glancing at the tabloids yesterday that he did get a front page out of it- Simon Cowell, my egg throwing hell :))

I agree
    well it remains to be seen if Natalie will be propelled to the stratospheric heights of Z list celebrity.
    Publicity for Natalie is publicity for Natalie and that's it. She didn't do this for anyone else other than her own self centered notion that she was taking a stand against the big evil that is apparently Simon Cowell. The show will be a secondary concern at best.
    IMO this was definitely a PR stunt - either Natalie carried it out on her own or she was 'egged on' :) by the production team. She has come up with too many explanations and none of them ring true ...

As Ella above me said - the smile most likely was out of adrenaline and nerves and doesn't really say anything, obviously IMO.
    Having checked the clip again, I tend to agree - it's more a sheepish grin than a smile - it's the expression I wear when I'm in a situation where I'm uncomfortable with what I'm doing/saying. Which as you say could mean anything.

I know the old adage is that there's no such thing as bad publicity, but I still fail to see how Cowell would concoct a scheme that would distract from the final, distract from the act that was performing and distract from the winners themselves.

And that would also paint him in a bad light as well once her reason was known for doing what she did.
    Don't look for sublety with Cowell - he really does pander to the lowest common denominator - and he already knows what serious musicians think of him. Doubt if he cares as I'm sure he believes the general public are on his side (sadly he's probably right)

For all this to be plausible, Cowell really would have to be almost at Dr Evil levels of comical megalomania(if that's even a word :)).
    Yes it is a word (I've edited your sentence slightly so it makes more sense) and one which sums up Cowell rather well. In fact this kind of stunt is exactly what I'd expect from the panto villain, remember the Louis 'sacking' and the water throwing antics on X Factor (to say nothing to his threats to leave the country if Jedward won:eek:).I bet if he didn't think of it he wishes that he had ;)
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quietened down already

Good. The daft bint needs to face back into obscurity as soon as possible. I hope her silly little stunt will at least teach her a lesson about the need to be a mature adult, but I'm sure that's hoping for too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going slightly off topic - have any of you read "Kill Your Friends"?

Its own author (who worked for 10 years in the music industry) admits it's very, very non-fictional - particularly about people whose first name begings with S.

And I'm amazed Yewtree hasn't caught up with the other S yet. The 18 pluse anothur singulur diget. Vickiii Adamsz manager if you will.

Sorry, I have rather convenient outbursts of poor spelling. Hope you can forgive me :D
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    What's the betting she ends up in the 'celebrity big brother house' or better still 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here';)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    What's the betting she ends up in the 'celebrity big brother house' or better still 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here';)

Before vanishing into oblivion? Maybe.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »

It really wouldn't surprise me but she's gained far less media attention than I would have expected in the aftermath. I guess it really wasn't a stunt and that Cowell is furious enough to have blocked the usual Daybreak/This Morning/Loose Women sofa blitz possibilities for her?
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should of aimed for Amanda's face too