Is Mark's accent typical Scouser?

riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
Forum Member
✭✭
For the first time in my life i can understand why people say the Scouser accent is irritating. I have never heard an accent as strong or whiney as his and I know a few Liverpudlians. But Mark is really grating on me with his sing-song drawn out accent, made all the worse by his arse-licking of Pauline!

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think it's camp scouse so does sound a little different.

I don't mind it I find it kinda funny really
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's his t.v. accent ,pretty sure he doesn't talk like that on the phone or in work ,must think the public love it ,know many people from Liverpool and they find his an embarrassment
  • ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sounds like a mega camp Ray Quinn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I live near Liverpool and so I hear scousers everyday. There are some people who have an accent like his but it's generally more camp people and girls who drag out words and raise their pitch at the end of every sentence like he does. Most people's accents aren't as strong as that and I for one find his accent really embarrassing.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not unlike Holly Johnson.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely not. I'm from Liverpool and believe me we don't all speak like that.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's camp scouse so does sound a little different.

I don't mind it I find it kinda funny really

It's only funny for a little while before it jars for me. Paul O'Grady is camp and Scouser and I could listen to him all day. The four people I know from Liverpool speak nothing like Mark, I can't help but think it just sounds forced. But that's just my opinion. I never got why people didn't like the Liverpool accent before hearing him.Now I kind of sympathise with them :D
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Definitely not. I'm from Liverpool and believe me we don't all speak like that.

^ This ^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Every scouser sounds just like him, me included, once we have inhaled a helium balloon :)

No, i can honestly say, burly, camp, whatever, his accent is not the norm for Liverpool, its way too high pitched and way too broad.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macaz75 wrote: »
    Every scouser sounds just like him, me included, once we have inhaled a helium balloon :)

No, i can honestly say, burly, camp, whatever, his accent is not the norm for Liverpool, its way too high pitched and way too broad.

Pmsl :D:D
  • Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macaz75 wrote: »

Herbert the hairdresser meets Orville the duck:o
  • Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what that shit is, but it ain't natural. >:(
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Herbert the hairdresser meets Orville the duck:o

:D he says what the puppetmaster wants him to too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    His accent doesn't sound that scouse to be honest. He sounds like he's from widness or somewhere and over exaggerating it. But then again that's what most gay scousers tend to do.
  • reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only funny for a little while before it jars for me. Paul O'Grady is camp and Scouser and I could listen to him all day. The four people I know from Liverpool speak nothing like Mark, I can't help but think it just sounds forced. But that's just my opinion. I never got why people didn't like the Liverpool accent before hearing him.Now I kind of sympathise with them :D[/QUOTE

We don't speak like that here in Liverpool. My OH has a strong accent but it is deep and masculine and far from whiney like Mark's. Discussing this with several of my fellow Scousers they said they all cringe at the sound of Mark's voice, it is far too high pitched. Either that or he is still waiting for his voice to break.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    His accent really is grating on me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not only his accent, it's the drivel that comes out of his mouth (along side his accent) that is deeply irritating.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I think his stay will be short lived .......it'll be a bit like that Govan character BB11(?).

He'll be too bitchy for his own good ............sometimes bitchy can be funny if theres's charm or charisma (Richard) - he has neither. He's bloody irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his stay will be short lived .......it'll be a bit like that Govan character BB11(?).

He'll be too bitchy for his own good ............sometimes bitchy can be funny if theres's charm or charisma (Richard) - he has neither. He's bloody irritating.

Every ones friend and no ones friend, that how I see him, all with a self satisfied smile on his face.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Yeah I thought that? Their voices could be twins? Everything seems to be a question? Even when it's not?
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

or Ray Quinn
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    flower 2 wrote: »
    Every ones friend and no ones friend, that how I see him, all with a self satisfied smile on his face.
    he was a bit like that on shipwrecked

although he did get ratty as hell when he found out the winnings were only going to one person, money brings out the worst in him
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member

That's what I thought.. Only Holly Johnson's not so annoying.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything about him ammoys me.. and I mean everything..>:(>:(
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member

Another one here who thinks he sounds exactly like Holly Johnson. Except I adored Holly, he had real charm and this guy hasn't really impressed me so far.

Younger posters will be thinking 'Who the hell is Holly Johnson?' lol.