Options

Oh dear - the style rules of Mrs Beckham.

Comments

• Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    dlm1288 wrote:
    I would not want my kids looking up to ANY CELEBRITY as a role model.

Not even Angelina? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    pink chick wrote:
    Im not saying I believe everything i read in autobiographies, but i don't think she would put it in a book for the whole world to see knowing already how critical people are of her already if it wasn't true.

Why wouldnt she? Didnt she claim for years that she hadn't had a boob job, i've seen her say that in interviews with my own eyes, yet court documents last year prove that she has had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    Link to PCOS symptoms here:
    http://www.pcosupport.org/medical/whatis.php#symptoms

If you believe what celebs write about themselves, you'll believe anything!
    VB and Kate Moss are role models for eating disorders and drug taking, nothing less.

The pos condition aside, victoria is a good role model for girls like me who have grown up wanting to be a singer, because she has struggled through auditions not being the best looking or the best singer and she got to be in the biggest girl band of the nineties!
  • Options
    macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink chick wrote:
    Im not saying I believe everything i read in autobiographies, but i don't think she would put it in a book for the whole world to see knowing already how critical people are of her already if it wasn't true.

I wouldn't be surprised if she put it in there to increase the sympathy factor.
    Her self esteem is so low she needs people to say 'oh you poor, poor woman'. If she has PCOS it's amazing how she's been able to pop out three kids too, as one of the side effects of PCOS is infertility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wouldnt she? Didnt she claim for years that she hadn't had a boob job, i've seen her say that in interviews with my own eyes, yet court documents last year prove that she has had.
    you mean those two melons on her chest AREN'T natural?? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    icklekermy wrote:
    you mean those two melons on her chest AREN'T natural?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know, its astonishing isn't it!! :eek:

With regards to Fiona Phillips - she's another one who had 2 children in quite quick succession - didnt seem to affect HER fertility either did it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink chick wrote:
    The pos condition aside, victoria is a good role model for girls like me who have grown up wanting to be a singer, because she has struggled through auditions not being the best looking or the best singer and she got to be in the biggest girl band of the nineties!

Strange how her singing career flopped after she left the Spice Girls too. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    Strange how her singing career flopped after she left the Spice Girls too. :rolleyes:

I didnt say anything about her solo career! But as one fifth of the spice girls she was part of one of the biggest ever girl bands which for me is something to look up to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even Angelina?

Maybe in terms of her charity work and her need for helping others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink chick wrote:
    I didnt say anything about her solo career! But as one fifth of the spice girls she was part of one of the biggest ever girl bands which for me is something to look up to.

But if she was that good, she wouldn't have flopped as a solo artist pink chick. She's not all that as a singer, otherwise she'd have made it when she branched out on her own.

I don't think she 's a role model for singers at all. In fact she's a flop in most sections of her 'career'. Singer, presenter, designer - failed (except perhaps in Japan with the jeans) at all of them, and even, I'd venture to say, wife.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pink chick wrote:

To be honest, that was more right place, right time and very canny marketing and management.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    But if she was that good, she wouldn't have flopped as a solo artist pink chick. She's not all that as a singer, otherwise she'd have made it when she branched out on her own.

I don't think she 's a role model for singers at all. In fact she's a flop in most sections of her 'career'. Singer, presenter, designer - failed (except perhaps in Japan with the jeans) at all of them, and even, I'd venture to say, wife.

I agree she wasn't the best solo singer, and i think her voice was better suited with the spice girls because she did the low parts in the songs, whereas a solo artist some of the songs she released were too big for her. But i like her story about her rise to fame and she's a role model for me.

I think the wife comment is quite harsh, she's always with them kids and supporting david in whatever he does, and she must be a strong person to put up with rebecca loos incident. I would say in that respect he has failed more as a husband than she has as a wife.
  • Options
    FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pink chick wrote:
    I agree she wasn't the best solo singer, and i think her voice was better suited with the spice girls because she did the low parts in the songs, whereas a solo artist some of the songs she released were too big for her. But i like her story about her rise to fame and she's a role model for me.

I think the wife comment is quite harsh, she's always with them kids and supporting david in whatever he does, and she must be a strong person to put up with rebecca loos incident. I would say in that respect he has failed more as a husband than she has as a wife.

She's hardly strong sticking with in unfaithful rat of a husband. More like a pathetic, weak doormat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FordCapri wrote:
    She's hardly strong sticking with in unfaithful rat of a husband. More like a pathetic, weak doormat.

Lots of women stick by unfaithful husbands for lots of different reasons e.g, for the sakes of their children, financial reasons (maybe not that reason for posh) because they want to forgive them and make it work, it does'nt make them pathetic weak doormats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree pink chick, i think she's a good role model in respect of the fact that even though she isn't the most talented person in the world, she has been successful through sheer guts, determination and hard work!

I think many people don't like victoria because of that. When someone is very talented then we can look at that person and say ''well there is no way we could be that successful as we don't have the voice/looks/abilty etc''. Victoria has achieved her succes through sheer force of personality and a think that makes us ordinary folk look at what we have/haven't achieved and compare it with what we could do even without any apparent talent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're jealous?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate when women stay with unfaithful men. Then they have the nerve to get mad when the man does it again. Oh well. You should have never given him permission to pretty much do it again and again and again.
  • Options
    FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pink chick wrote:
    Lots of women stick by unfaithful husbands for lots of different reasons e.g, for the sakes of their children, financial reasons (maybe not that reason for posh) because they want to forgive them and make it work, it does'nt make them pathetic weak doormats.

I beg to differ. If she had any self respect, she would have left him. Again, I huge sign of crushingly low self-esteem.
  • Options
    OuchthathurtOuchthathurt Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pink chick wrote:

I don't believe that Victoria failed as a wife. I think she's still in there pitching like hell and it's one of the few things I give the lady credit for. She is in love with her husband and desperately wants it to work.

If she's your role model, then no one should mock that my dear. I would just suggest that her route to fame wasn't the best one and not one that you should perhaps base your own career on.

In fact as a performer her popularity and fame was transient at best. People do remember the Spice Girls, but as individual performers they didn't achieve the fame they wanted. Nowadays, despite her Spice Girls fame, Victoria is chiefly associated with being David Beckham's wife and a sort of socialite.

If you want role models in singers then look at Madonna's march up the career ladder, even Jennifer Lopez went up the hard route by dancing her way, Mariah Carey sang as a session singer on demos for budding songwriters to plug their work and in clubs, even Britney and Christina Aguilera came up into the fame game by way of the Mickey Mouse club.

Girl bands are all well and good and they often achieve instant fame, but unless the individual performers are very very good on a solo basis, once the band has dissolved, as they frequently do, they are left by the wayside. They have nothing behind them to base a working singing career on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, in my opinion, if the Spice Girls had been 5 versions of Victoria, they wouldnt have had near the same amount of success. It was Geri and Mel B that carried that band because of their attitude. Mel C and Emma had the singing ability to somewhat back it up. Victoria tended to sit in the background, come out with the occasional soundbite and pout, and that was it. She rode on the coattails of the other 4 to be honest. As for envying her life? eh no thanks, I may want her money sometimes but I'd rather switch places with someone like Rachel Weisz for example..beautiful, talented and not a complete desperate publicity ****. If she hadnt married Beckham, she'd have disappeared into obscurity by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posh has never been caught trashed falling out of a club flashing her g-string, nor snorting coke or sleeping around. She has kept her family together despite constant ridicule and seems to be a great mother to her boys, who she seems always together with, unlike Kate Moss who dumps her kid on one side of the world while she jets around to enjoy parties.

Fashion mags like Vogue and Elle rate her fashion as do top designers, so I think I will respect their judgments on her fashions sense rather than a lot of forum members here whop are slagging her style off.

Her style may not be suited to all, but in terms of a celeb who best does the glam look, Posh is tops. She sticks to what she knows as well as experiments with new trends and I know when I am every going to a posh do- she is my inspiration, on how to pull off this look without looking cheap or vulgar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe that Victoria failed as a wife. I think she's still in there pitching like hell and it's one of the few things I give the lady credit for. She is in love with her husband and desperately wants it to work.

If she's your role model, then no one should mock that my dear. I would just suggest that her route to fame wasn't the best one and not one that you should perhaps base your own career on.

In fact as a performer her popularity and fame was transient at best. People do remember the Spice Girls, but as individual performers they didn't achieve the fame they wanted. Nowadays, despite her Spice Girls fame, Victoria is chiefly associated with being David Beckham's wife and a sort of socialite.

If you want role models in singers then look at Madonna's march up the career ladder, even Jennifer Lopez went up the hard route by dancing her way, Mariah Carey sang as a session singer on demos for budding songwriters to plug their work and in clubs, even Britney and Christina Aguilera came up into the fame game by way of the Mickey Mouse club.

Girl bands are all well and good and they often achieve instant fame, but unless the individual performers are very very good on a solo basis, once the band has dissolved, as they frequently do, they are left by the wayside. They have nothing behind them to base a working singing career on.

Madonna is my all time role model, she's amazing. But Victoria is also a role model for different reasons, shes worked really hard to get where she is, and it is inspiring to see that with hard work you can achieve your dreams! I havent mocked her as a wife, i said in response to another post that david had failed as a husband instead of victoria and that she has done nothing but support her husband and kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but I'd rather switch places with someone like Rachel Weisz for example..beautiful, talented and not a complete desperate publicity ****.

I love Rachel. Not to mention she has something else Victoria doesn't...an OSCAR!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funny that as Posh is a singer, likewise Posh has something Rachel doesn't... a Brit!
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem at all with people with little or no discernable talent having their 15 minutes of fame in the spot light. It has happened for years and I guess will continue to do so.
    (In fact, this was a conversation we were having (again!) over the weekend – who do we think is so talented that they would have been successful whichever era they were in, rather than just dropping lucky and being in the right place at the right time – names bandied about were Frank Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Elvis, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie but we didn’t come to any answers and were going round in circles!).
    My beef with Victoria is that she just cannot accept that her 15 minutes are up and insists on flogging a dead horse.