BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 43)

Comments

• BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    You were right about the eye virus.:eek:

This is the stuff they gave me.
    http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Aciclovir-eye-ointment.htm

It's pretty painful when you put it in for 10 minutes.

No pain no gain, i suppose.

Hope it works for you, yes they say if it hurts then it must be working !
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    As i said to Chin, she will be turning the air blue - so she needs a new modem, ta for the info ? Hope she gets back on line soon !

Thats putting it mildly :D All being well she should be back tomorrow.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Becks is whoo Arte , Organise me a meeting with Balders and Fluffers:cool: I need more of their advice on being cool

So does Becks from what I saw of him on the telly with his silly hair overhanging ledge at the back.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats putting it mildly :D All being well she should be back tomorrow.

Yes i was putting it mildly :D

Good to hear she wont be away to long :)
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Happy birthday TVQ. Have a lovely day. :)
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Honey :) x
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy birthday TVQ:)

Morning chaps:D
    My mate has just run the 100mile ultra marathon round mount fuji in 19 hr s and 26 mins to achieve second place overall...wow! Just, wow!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was bursting to hear about this. :D I had my nose pressed up against the television looking for you.

I wasnt entirely sure myself because i didn't associate the word report with this olympic ceremony.
    I am always delighted to hear about Arte's life but i wouldnt really describe it as a "report" because to me, a report is more about detail and facts, whereas her post described HER experience, which is why i enjoy her writing so much.

Had TVQ said "i cant wait for Arte's detailed description of the olympic event" then fair enough, but the post was hardly very informative and i thought the question very necessary, and it only needed a simple answer.
    Of course it is possible that TVQ just missed her post, but based on her habit (for whatever reason) of not answering questions it is not unreasonable for Flora to take it as a deliberate snub.
    Given how well you all claim to know TVQ I would have thought that you would assume that it would, if anything not be a deliberate snub, surely??
    Anyhoo, all our individual opinions and as such, entitled to be aired on a forum:):p
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning all:D haven't been on here for ages, lots of catching up to do!!
    hope all ok...**starts reading back**
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know that Sr is having pootah problems. Please visit 'chinchin's the swanky new . Many thanks. :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1649938&page=69

you sure that's a wise move chinners?:rolleyes: i wouldnt like to be in your shoes when SR comes back, :eek::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :D

morning flora! :D! just watching bbc news, olympic torch is lit, down here in cornwall, just watching ben ainslie set off at lands end, apparently due to pass us here on the north coast about lunchtime, should be back from morrisons by then to watch! lol!!! :D
    oooh #citin':D
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    you sure that's a wise move chinners?:rolleyes: i wouldnt like to be in your shoes when SR comes back, :eek::p

Morning all! :D There's a 5 % discount for all BB posters at chinchins!
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Happy birthday TVQ:)

Morning chaps:D
    My mate has just run the 100mile ultra marathon round mount fuji in 19 hr s and 26 mins to achieve second place overall...wow! Just, wow!!

That's amazing Halla!
    [highlight]:DHAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE:D
    :):pΧρονια Πολλα!:p:)[/highlight]
    Forum Member
    Morning Halla, Kate, Flora and Chinny..:):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3rd torch exchange now..oooh this is quite exciting and there was me thinking i didnt give a fig for the olympics, im a convert!:D
    Forum Member
    3rd torch exchange now..oooh this is quite exciting and there was me thinking i didnt give a fig for the olympics, im a convert!:D

I enjoyed watching it travel round Greece first. The Olympics themselves hold no great fascination for me but I love the excitement of the preparations.
    However, we will probably attend the 'real' Olympics here, held in Nemea at the site of the very first Olympic games, it was a series of races run by naked young men. I believe they wear a short toga, these days but it will be interesting to see it re-enacted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning flora! :D! just watching bbc news, olympic torch is lit, down here in cornwall, just watching ben ainslie set off at lands end, apparently due to pass us here on the north coast about lunchtime, should be back from morrisons by then to watch! lol!!! :D
    oooh #citin':D

Morning kate :D Glad you are enjoying it.

Morning chin :D

Is this a one day offer before the management gets back :D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning Halla, Kate, Flora and Chinny..:):):):)

Morning Arte :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed watching it travel round Greece first. The Olympics themselves hold no great fascination for me but I love the excitement of the preparations.
    However, we will probably attend the 'real' Olympics here, held in Nemea at the site of the very first Olympic games, it was a series of races run by naked young men. I believe they wear a short toga, these days but it will be interesting to see it re-enacted.

wow some real history there arte:)

will be relying on you to update us on that one!:D oooh !!:D
    Forum Member
    wow some real history there arte:)

will be relying on you to update us on that one!:D oooh !!:D

This is from the info we were sent ~

Ancient Greeks celebrated festivals at NEMEA that were part of the cycle of games at Delphi, Isthmia and Olympia. At each one of these four sites in rotation, for a brief period each year, wars and hostilities were suspended by a sacred truce, and all Greeks-Spartans-Athenians-Corinthians-Argives-Macedonians and Cretans gathered in recognition of their common humanity. This impulse toward peace was the first in the history of mankind on an organised, regular and international scale. Thus, these ancient festivals are the direct ancestors of today's Olympic Games, as well as of the United Nations. The Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games (with several hundred members from around the world) was founded in the belief that there is today both scope and need for the average person - regardless of ethnicity, language, religion, gender, age, or athletic ability - to participate. More than 2500 people from 45 different countries, ranging in age from 6-96 have added their footprints to those of ages long gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did someone mention cheap booze and nekkid men...:D:D

Slumming it down by the beach today, if you see SR! anyone, you can tell her it's hot and sunny:p:D
    Forum Member
    Did someone mention cheap booze and nekkid men...:D:D

Slumming it down by the beach today, if you see SR! anyone, you can tell her it's hot and sunny:p:D

:D:D ****!
    Maybe, I can temper it by mentioning that it is still raining, here....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D ****!
    Maybe, I can temper it by mentioning that it is still raining, here....
    I prefer the phrase bon vivant and aesthete personally:p:D

No rain here, but it is quite breezy...:D
    Forum Member
    I prefer the phrase bon vivant and aesthete personally:p:D

No rain here, but it is quite breezy...:D

:D:D
    It doesn't exactly trip off the tongue though, does it.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D
    It doesn't exactly trip off the tongue though, does it.....

Aye, depends how much ye've been bon vivant-ing already;):D
    Cheers, beer time :cool:
This discussion has been closed.