Options

Hotmail Daily Message Limit.. huh ?

*~Gemini~**~Gemini~* Posts: 152
Forum Member
I tried to send an email tonight and got this message:

*Your message wasn't sent because there's a daily message limit. But don't worry, we saved it in your Drafts folder. Learn more..*

I've sent 2 (two) emails today.! Anyone know what's going on and/or had the same problem ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    They might have had to cut back for a little while because of all the resources that are probably being used up by Big Brother fanatics sharing such email wisdom as "OMGGGGGGGG SH3 WONN1111XXXXXXXXXXXXX" and what not.
  • Options
    chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! That sucks. I ditched Hotmail when they stopped allowing you to access it with an external client, I hate using web-based email.

Hotmail was pretty cool when it came out though but it's been overtaken by a lot of providers, in particular GMail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After doing a bit of checking, it seems the limit is 300 emails.. 0.o

How on earth is it telling me I've reached that ?? Now I'm worried about spam things, I use Avast and scan once a week, but it's found nothing :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you checked your Sent folder? If your worried that your account has been used for mass spamming you should contact Microsoft. Although that doesn't seem likely to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing in my sent folder except the messages sent by me :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just a glitch or as a previous poster said, their servers being overloaded. Kind of odd though.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you have loads of people in yr address book and are any of them available for you to ask if theyve recieved anything spammy off you today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think my dad's email account spammed a load of people in his address book. Hotmail's quite popular so it's likely to be abused by spammers. I said it wasn't likely earlier but now I'm thinking it's worth not ruling it out.

It could be it was used for spamming and the messages were deleted from your sent folder, maybe. I don't know how likely that is but you should contact Microsoft I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangely enough, now I come to think of it I haven't received any emails today. Not even regular stuff.

I find Hotmail and Windows live poor substitutes for Outlook Express to handle my email but I wasn't prepared to pay for the full Office 2010 package.

What is Gmail like? Does it handle emails from other accounts that you may possess?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough, now I come to think of it I haven't received any emails today. Not even regular stuff.

I find Hotmail and Windows live poor substitutes for Outlook Express to handle my email but I wasn't prepared to pay for the full Office 2010 package.

What is Gmail like? Does it handle emails from other accounts that you may possess?

I think you could set up email forwarding from your Hotmail account possibly. GMail is quite versatile I believe, you should be able to do most things you can do in Hotmail and more.

I personally use a combination of GMail and Thunderbird and I'm quite happy with it.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck I hate outlook too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem and I've sent and received lots of emails today.