Options

DCI Banks Monday 27 September at 9pm

Comments

• Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok now I'm confused, why the flash backs?
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never read any of the books, do you have to read them in order?

it helps, but I read Caedmons Song first which is not a Banks but it informs a later one called Friend of the Devil (which has something to do with a character in what you are watching now).

Then I read Piece of My Heart which at that time was the latest, went back to the beginning and have now read em all. Aftermath is about 19 of 23 or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Ok now I'm confused, why the flash backs?
    to explain the relationship between Lucy and Terry (or Marcus as they have called him in the televised version)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annie is exactly as I imagined her. She is not a stranger to DCI Banks .............
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it helps, but I read Caedmons Song first which is not a Banks but it informs a later one called Friend of the Devil (which has something to do with a character in what you are watching now).

Then I read Piece of My Heart which at that time was the latest, went back to the beginning and have now read em all. Aftermath is about 19 of 23 or something.

Might look out for these at the library..
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will someone give a backgroudn to what we have seen so far and how it fits together?
    how does the couple living accross the road to the women that had been abused fit in to the story

and did anyone else jump when the guy slapped the women at the table?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    will someone give a backgroudn to what we have seen so far and how it fits together?
    how does the couple living accross the road to the women that had been abused fit in to the story

I was rather expecting the slap but, nonetheless, when it did come it still made me jump!!

Can't see how they fit in yet either but I expect all will become clear (hopefully)!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

Lucy is a bank clerk and has a very strange background which is why she has hooked up with Terry/Marcus - they see something in each other. She was adopted - I dont want to say too much in case the show doesnt say anything and I am not sure if this drama will tackle it.

Where is it filmed by the way, is it Sheffield?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking it is being filmed in Leeds. Seem to recognise some of the landmarks in some shots
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the Arsonist guy from Shameless playing a copper?
  • Options
    *~Gemini~**~Gemini~* Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Isn't that the girl from 'The Take' who's married to Tom Hardy ? the one who got slapped and is in hospital.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *~Gemini~* wrote: »
    Isn't that the girl from 'The Take' who's married to Tom Hardy ? the one who got slapped and is in hospital.
    Cathy from Wuthering Heights yes it is her
  • Options
    *~Gemini~**~Gemini~* Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Cathy from Wuthering Heights yes it is her

• Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not watching this on my own - bits of it have made me go :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The female DS Annie Cabbot is Banks's ex and they are making out they just met
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Why do ITV hamstring their dramas by casting lightweight actors in the lead roles, Wire in the Blood with Robson Green and now this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my CDs are alphabetical. It makes sense when you are trying to find summat
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have had to switch it off. One minute he was slapping her across the face and the next she's in hospital and they're telling her they've found 4 bodies in her cellar.

Can't be doing with it!
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early promise fizzled out rapidly. Distinctly average.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Why do ITV hamstring their dramas by casting lightweight actors in the lead roles, Wire in the Blood with Robson Green and now this.

Exactly!

I just can't buy him as a detective, he's not that versatile as an actor.
    Far too lightweight.
    Ten minutes was more than enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The female DS Annie Cabbot is Banks's ex and they are making out they just met

Is she the ex-wife ...:confused:
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Annie was good. Rather Brassed Off with Tomkinson. Banks is supposed to be fairly small and wiry.
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Is she the ex-wife ...:confused:

No the ex-wife, Sandra, is an arts administrator. They were still married in the early novels. They have a son and daughter who also feature in the novels.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Started off alright. Thought it might be a 'get to the missing lass before she gets killed' thriller but turned out another mundane police thingy.
    Steven Tomkinson cant act for toffee either. Disappointed again...
This discussion has been closed.