spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Phil is extremely annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as annoying as Dr Raj Persaud though (who fortunately hasn't been on for ages), maybe they should just steer clear of doctors.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The "Teatime Teasers" are certainly becoming more difficult: I had real trouble constructing BOBSTAYS from a selection with two Ys and no T.

Ah yes,

He said "BOSSYBAT", but on the screen came up "BOSSYBAY".

After the break, same thing on the screen, "BOSSYBAY" mysteriously becoming "BOBSTAYS" (a stupid word in the first place*), with Nick showing no signs of knowing about the error, and no references afterwards.
    I even joked, as I watched it - "he will mention it, there must be lots of old dears calling them now, complaining". :D

* today's word wasn't as silly- it was FOLKLORE, at least achievable. Didn't see what the jumbled word was, as I just saw the end.
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvbox wrote: »
    Ah yes,

He said "BOSSYBAT", but on the screen came up "BOSSYBAY".

After the break, same thing on the screen, "BOSSYBAY" mysteriously becoming "BOBSTAYS" (a stupid word in the first place*), with Nick showing no signs of knowing about the error, and no references afterwards.
    I even joked, as I watched it - "he will mention it, there must be lots of old dears calling them now, complaining". :D

* today's word wasn't as silly- it was FOLKLORE, at least achievable. Didn't see what the jumbled word was, as I just saw the end.

The programmes are recorded several weeks in advance and the jumbled word they put on screen will be put on during editing so Nick wouldn't be aware of the error in any case
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Phil is extremely annoying.
    Agreed. I can't bear him.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, would it have killed them to squeeze Carol into the 30 year Countdown Celebrations somewhere? Okay, it's well and truly moved on, but I'm sure she'd have sat "quietly" in Dictionary Corner next to Susie and been no trouble. :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/countdown-carol-vorderman-failed-to-get-an-invite-1391076
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Rachel Jewish? she said today she couldn't eat insects because they're not kosher.:confused:
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Is Rachel Jewish? she said today she couldn't eat insects because they're not kosher.:confused:

Her wiki page quotes her as saying that she's a "non religious Jew".
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to have to give the rest of this week a miss...Jo Brand is annoying with her silly words...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bloke today has got to be the worst contestant for ages for using letters that are not there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Her wiki page quotes her as saying that she's a "non religious Jew".

She doesn't look Jewish & 'Riley' is not a Jewish name; whatever she is, I'm in awe of her brains and beauty.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mute button got used a lot today. Jo Brand and her 'hilarious' made up words. No thanks.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Brand is okay in small doses. I love Dr Phil, by the way.

Seems the only guests that are popular are the impressionists, Paul Zenon and some comedians (Tim Vine, Dave Spikey). The journos are pretty dull, you'd be lucky to get two decent anecdotes in a whole week.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo Brand is okay in small doses. I love Dr Phil, by the way.

Seems the only guests that are popular are the impressionists, Paul Zenon and some comedians (Tim Vine, Dave Spikey). The journos are pretty dull, you'd be lucky to get two decent anecdotes in a whole week.

I'm a week behind because of a holiday (I catch up at weekends) but thought Dr Phil was excellent as I expected.

Jo Brand is okay as long as she doesn't keep making up long unfunny words. I think it was her whose anecdote was the very funny heckling of Kirk Douglas's son - I was in stitches but my wife who doesn't watch old films never got it.
    Kirk Douglas´s lesser-known son Eric was in the UK a few years ago, trying to make his mark in stand-up comedy. He was going down badly, so grabbed the mic and said: "What´s wrong with you? Don´t you know who I am? I´m the son of Kirk Douglas!"
    There was absolute silence, then someone at the back stood up and said: "No - I´m the son of Kirk Douglas!"
    Within seconds, the whole audience was doing it.
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I turn off as soon as Brand appears as she ruins any show she's in. Emanates the impression that she can't be bothered to be there,just wants to swear at any opportunity and never gets into the spirit. Oh, and yet another platform for her 'aren't men useless' shtick (roundly lampooned by Debra Stephenson in The Impressions Show).

Thought Rachel Riley had told the world that her mother's Jewish and father isn't?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to have to give the rest of this week a miss...Jo Brand is annoying with her silly words...

100% agree - dreadful woman.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst Rachel is undoubtedly the star of the show in terms of babe-appeal, what with her increasingly tight outfits increasingly enhancing her increasing curves, I have to say Susie Dent looked really rather scrummy today too - love that black and grey outfit that looks like it`s cantilevered to support her chest...:)
  • Options
    able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I deem it unwatchable with that po-faced miseryguts in the chair.
    Was it mentioned it started thirty years ago today?
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    My mute button got used a lot today. Jo Brand and her 'hilarious' made up words. No thanks.

I love Jo! Do you not like word-related humour?
  • Options
    Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was good that Nick gave Carol a mention when talking about the 30 year story of Countdown - like her or loathe her (and I like her) you can't ignore someone who gave over twenty years of their life to a programme. To my recollection, that's the first time anyone has mentioned her name on the show since she left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Thanks Janet Street Porter you fricken idiot.... my kids are watching and shes just given away the whole Santa thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Janet Street Porter you fricken idiot.... my kids are watching and shes just given away the whole Santa thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: What was said?
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New start time next week I see, 2:40pm. Apologies if anyone's already mentioned it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    New start time next week I see, 2:40pm. Apologies if anyone's already mentioned it.

I wonder what the viewing figures will be like and how many complaints there will be.

Thankfully there's Channel 4+1 otherwise I might have to get some VHS tapes :eek:
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that Susie has said
    foresail
    as a word before today, so how come she didn't spot
    foresails
    from
    L S F R S O A I E for nine?
This discussion has been closed.