Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    The Victor betting ads and cannot believe Paul Kaye has anything to do with these :(
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Santander ad is bizarre, quite why they think depicting three of the country's biggest sports stars as creepy stalkers will help their business I have no idea.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new MacDonalds ad with that bloody irritating "We can be anything that we want to be" song.
    It's on all the time and getting right on me tits! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Bloody Beckham and his "We at Sainsbury's...." ads.
    Works there now does he? :mad:
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Could someone PLEASE explain to Kevin Bacon why he cannot have a Vajazzle!

Unless there's something you're not telling us Mr Bacon?:D:eek::o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That annoying DFS sofa ad with that annoying "Come on everybody, now let's play a game" song ranting in the background.
    Hate it!:mad:
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an advert on tonight with two old women sitting on a beach ogling a young man taking off his swimming trunks underneath a towel,then they sent their dog over to pull the towel off! If that was a couple of leery old gits and a nubile young woman,there'd be an outcry and it would be pulled immediately.
    Sexist rubbish.
    As a woman I object to the assumption by advertisers that I find this kind of thing amusing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The latest 3 ads with that pony, donkey, horse, or whatever you want to call it,
    First time I saw it, I thought it was for a frozen food product
    :p
    What in the world has it got to do with a phone company? Why will it make me switch to them?
    The thing that makes me cringe most about them is the twitter trollocks at the start of each one, grrrr...:mad:
    What a steaming pile of poop the whole "campaign" is. Pretentious to say the least.

Gocompare.
    It's not even funny, never was, never will be.

Advert for a holiday/travel company, and at the end the woman says 'ATOL Protected'.

Annoys me every time because I think she says 'Adult protected', as if it were one of those disclaimers before the start of a film!

Also, the Ladbrokes ad with the muppet shouting around- I think he has become the new Gocompare. Fortunately it only appears when the football is on, which I don't watch anyway.

And finally, the Snickers ad with the woman becoming a man.
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    How about those Ads for Google Chrome, the one where the guy sends his ex an e-mail with a file / pic asking that they go out for "One Last Drink".

If you ask me he is an obsessive stalker in the making, who doesn't understand the meaning of "No".
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That guy on radio with the Brummie accent

"Eeef.....ewwwww......cawl......Autoglass.......eeet.....wuuuuurnt......affect.....yah.....nawwww.....clayyyyms......bonus"

Oy Leave Gavin alone :D:p

The one that really gets on my nerves is the MaccyD one Yerallllllllllright, the woman in that played a murderer's mom in Scott & Bailey.

The one that upsets me is the one for Marie Curie Daffodil appeal, I can't watch that one, the man on it reminds me of my dad just before he died of cancer, It's an effective advert, just so very, very sad :(:cry:
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C Horse wrote: »
    Aviva for me.

Whitehouse's accents seem to be terrible. I'm from the North East and his North East accent is rubbish. I assume it's supposed to be Geordie (by the Peter Beardsley "obviously" bit), but he slips into both Wearside and Teesside in it.

I wonder what the other accents sound like to the natives - I'm guessing his Brummie is equally poor?

His Brummie accent is dreadful, the telly gets muted when that one is shown, either that or my foot would be through it! It's nothing like a Brummie or Black Country accent! Really pee's me off
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat1966 wrote: »
    His Brummie accent is dreadful, the telly gets muted when that one is shown, either that or my foot would be through it! It's nothing like a Brummie or Black Country accent! Really pee's me off

And to make me simmer even more, I've just noticed at the start, he says a Welsh-type "hyurr" for "here" instead of "hya" (again, presuming it's supposed to be Geordie).
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    I see that that girl with the lemonade stall is expanding :mad:
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wmsheep wrote: »
    How about those Ads for Google Chrome, the one where the guy sends his ex an e-mail with a file / pic asking that they go out for "One Last Drink".

If you ask me he is an obsessive stalker in the making, who doesn't understand the meaning of "No".

Saw that the other day - vomit inducing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the latest Secret Escapes ad. As a vocal fan on here of the first one, I'm disappointed - a very poor sequel. The dialogue is total cringeworthy.

On the positive side though, she is looking and sounding hotter than ever.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a Carol voderman advert i never realised she had such massive bosoms before and thats something i'm usually very good at spotting. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Seeing a lot of dancing pony haters, it's my fave ad. The song Everywhere makes me sing along :)
    My WORST has to be Costa Coffee! I just wanna punch the blokes smug face (if it stops spinning) grrrr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Just saw a Carol voderman advert i never realised she had such massive bosoms before and thats something i'm usually very good at spotting. :D

Watching Goodnight Sweetheart marathon on Gold by any chance? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    honey* wrote: »
    My WORST has to be Costa Coffee! I just wanna punch the blokes smug face (if it stops spinning) grrrr

The one with the people bobbing their heads, buried up to their necks in coffee beans would be 100% improved if Boardwalk Empire's Gyp Rossetti came along with a spade and worked his magic on them.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Watching Goodnight Sweetheart marathon on Gold by any chance? :D

I was watching Sky News and then Carol's big bosoms came on and got my attention.
    I can't even remember what the advert was for either :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I was watching Sky News and then Carol's big bosoms came on and got my attention.
    I can't even remember what the advert was for either :D

I was in the Goodnight Sweetheart marathon and your post appeared just after the ad came on :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That stupid diet coke advert where the women shake it up, roll it to the man so he gets wet and has to take his shirt off.

another example of male degradation on TV, that is totally acceptable, yet if it was a group of men doing it to a scantly clad woman, it'd be pulled post haste!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuHV4gwSXn4
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Warburtons Half and Half, with those hideous little boys. They appear to make "w@nker" signs to each other after greeting their father. I think it' supposed to be "Drinkies" but it looks like "w@nkies" instead. Awful.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wmsheep wrote: »

Why doesn't he just pick up the phone and TALK to her - "Hi, I was a complete idiot, I love you, can we get back together?" - much simpler! :D
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    Why doesn't he just pick up the phone and TALK to her - "Hi, I was a complete idiot, I love you, can we get back together?" - much simpler! :D

Totally see his point.

Phone calls cost. Email's free.

No point spending money when she's likely to say no.
This discussion has been closed.