Over dramatic Music <3
    The montage <3
    Mercedes <3

All good fun! :D
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Definetly - she's a Hollyoaks Legend!
    This is why I love Hollyoaks, EastEnder have just done a huge crash, I wasn't paying attention to it because I was too busy trying to find out whether Mercy is actually gone
  • Options
    becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    This is why I love Hollyoaks, EastEnder have just done a huge crash, I wasn't paying attention to it because I was too busy trying to find out whether Mercy is actually gone

Ha ha me too!!! But if there is nothing going on by now to say there was a shock death she must not be dead surely.
    Hate going to work as it is but will be counting downt to this so much more.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    becsie wrote: »
    Ha ha me too!!! But if there is nothing going on by now to say there was a shock death she must not be dead surely.
    Hate going to work as it is but will be counting downt to this so much more.

Twitter is quiet, maybe they are keeping suspense?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Twitter is quiet, maybe they are keeping suspense?

Ikr, just tell us :mad:
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Soap Movers is still putting "Autumn 2013" ;)

Strictly speaking September is Autumn.
  • Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    In the article about jennifer metcalfs contract it states a new 12 month contract took her to september next year. Meaning her current one would end this september. What if the article was a false relesse
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    Strictly speaking September is Autumn.

Only from the 21/09 unless you work for the Met Office ;););)
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Only from the 21/09 unless you work for the Met Office ;););)

22nd of September is the Autumn Equinox which is in the middle of the Astronomical Autumn. Just as the 20th of June this year was in the middle of the Astronomical Summer. The Summer and Winter Solstices used to be known as mid-summers day and mid-winters day.

However meteorologically that does not make sense so the met office and others in the northern temperate zone class Summer as June, July & August. Autumn as September, October & November. Winter as December, January & February. Spring as March April and May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    22nd of September is the Autumn Equinox which is in the middle of the Astronomical Autumn. Just as the 20th of June this year was in the middle of the Astronomical Summer. The Summer and Winter Solstices used to be known as mid-summers day and mid-winters day.

However meteorologically that does not make sense so the met office and others in the northern temperate zone class Summer as June, July & August. Autumn as September, October & November. Winter as December, January & February. Spring as March April and May.

Thanks OM, I did know that, but I want to push Autumn back as far as possible. I go into decline when the days get shorter and then we have the hell of GMT at the end of October :mad::mad:
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe - I didn't like her at times
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    Vincent is the most dreadful actor I've ever seen. I just want to throw something at the screen when he's on. Wooden and pulls the same facial expression all the time and the worst storyline and worst character in ages!

It's the accent for me.

I can't stand it when you have an African, Eastern European, Asian character shoe-horned into a soap for a particular storyline and the actor is basically British and has to ACCcentuATE eVERy WORd they utter in their, sometimes insulting, generic African, Eastern European etc. accent.

If you want to do a storyline about a foreign national in Britain then just hire an actor from that country. They do exist.

And then the accent will be more natural, and you won't feel like you're watching a terrible comedy sketch every time they open their mouths.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    It's the accent for me.

I can't stand it when you have an African, Eastern European, Asian character shoe-horned into a soap for a particular storyline and the actor is basically British and has to ACCcentuATE eVERy WORd they utter in their, sometimes insulting, generic African, Eastern European etc. accent.

If you want to do a storyline about a foreign national in Britain then just hire an actor from that country. They do exist.

And then the accent will be more natural, and you won't feel like you're watching a terrible comedy sketch every time they open their mouths.

Apparently he hails from East London....so putting on an accent...
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's from Sout London actually.
  • Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think/hope Browning will shoot himself just as Mercedes comes round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he's from Sout London actually.

His CV says East London:

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=205804

scroll down to the bottom ;)
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe - I didn't like her at times
    Apparently he hails from East London....so putting on an accent...

There's an interview on Youtube with him and, yeah, he's just basically a Londoner.

Which is why it's so unbearable hearing the accent coming out of his mouth.

It's almost as painful as when you hear an American trying doing a "British" accent on American TV.

Just hire somebody who doesn't have to act like a throwback to the It Ain't Half Hot Mum era of actors putting on accents and playing cliched "foreigners", or don't introduce the character at all.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Where did Jim disappear to?
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Browning shot Myra and drowned Mercedes?
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so is she dead or what
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    so is she dead or what

I think that is one thing we'll never know, but realistically, she is.... Where would she go in that depth of water with Browning watching?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Dr Browning!! Great acting tonight. A huge loss to Hollyoaks :(
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the borefest that is Vincent it was a fantastic ep.
    Loved the 'Your Pathetic' flashback scenes, wonder if Mercy dead. Still have a feeling Myra alive, and I think Dr B will shoot himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Apart from the borefest that is Vincent it was a fantastic ep.
    Loved the 'Your Pathetic' flashback scenes, wonder if Mercy dead. Still have a feeling Myra alive, and I think Dr B will shoot himself.

Oh no, please don't shoot yourself Dr B! Have a feeling you might be right though :(

And I agree - Vincent is truly dire! Honestly, how much longer do we have to endure him?! Dreadful character.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Wish Vincent was dead and Mercy, Myra, and Dr. Browning would stay.
  • Options
    *Baby*Blue**Baby*Blue* Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I hope Myra and Mercy aren't dead :(

Anyone have any theories on why Jim was calling for Mercy and banging on her door at the end of the episode? I wonder if he found out that Myra wasn't dead after all as we last saw him stood at the docks. He may of found Myra alive and came back to tell Mercy that she wasn't dead, now for him to find that Mercy is the one dead...