Zoe Quinn and the corruption in video games media/journalism....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    VDUBster wrote: »

Why do people have an issue with people being opposed to the Feminist cult?
    Being opposed to Feminism doesn't make you sexist or against political correctness, it just means you don't agree with their agenda.
    An agenda that has gone far beyond equality and now just represents Female entitlement.
    Feminism is doing wonders complaining about men sitting with their legs spread aren't they...

So yes, I am opposed to Feminism, because I am a supporter of Equality, something that does not fit in with modern Feminism.
    I guess all of the women that oppose Feminism are just suffering from Internal Misogyny...

I have no issue with people who think feminism is a cult. They are a perfect representation of the gamergate movement.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    PM me your profile on Steam and I'm all ready to give you a kicking on any game we mutually own. I'm getting tired of the 'someone who really isn't a gamer' argument and am calling anyone who uses it as an argument out on it!! :o:( >:(

Beating someone at a game doesn't make your argument more valid
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Beating someone at a game doesn't make your argument more valid

That post was aimed at VDUBster who claimed I wasn't a 'real' gamer. I'd rather not have you on my friend's list all the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That post was aimed at VDUBster who claimed I wasn't a 'real' gamer. I'd rather not have you on my friend's list all the same.

oh noes...how ever shall i live...
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldn't make it up :D:D:D

The MRA movement everyone.

Ardent Gamergators always turn out to be or heavily linked with MRAs. Every single time. Birds of a feather...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DuckSeason wrote: »
    God not only is he a GamerGator moron, he's a dyed-in-the-wool MRA! Knew I was dealing with that crowd!

Did you miss the part where i said i wasn't an MRA?
  • KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem like most pro-GameGate and anti-GamerGate people could all be on the same side, since one side is vocal against corruption, and the other against misogyny. But for whatever reason they seem to need to act as if the other side is in favor of what they themselves are against.

Although it's more understandable for the pro-GameGate side to view it that way, as they are the ones being targeted by those explicitly anti-GamerGate.
    Forum Member
    It does seem like most pro-GameGate and anti-GamerGate people could all be on the same side, since one side is vocal against corruption, and the other against misogyny. But for whatever reason they need to act as if the other side is in favor of what they themselves are against.

Although it's more understandable for the pro-GameGate side to view it that way, as they are the ones being targeted by those explicitly anti-GamerGate.

That's the problem with hashtag activism, the message always gets muddled and all of the worst elements get caught up in it. If there are gamergaters who truly do believe in the rightness of their views and think corruption in gaming journalism is a pressing issue then they should do something productive about it instead of whining about the 'authoritarian left' on social media, pestering advertisers and harassing Indie game developers.

If they cannot conduct themselves in a mature and serious way then they will continue to be seen as petty and ignorant at best, and destructive and hateful at worst.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no issue with people who think feminism is a cult. They are a perfect representation of the gamergate movement.
    - Removal and condemnation of critical thinking, scrutiny and criticism. Not allowing themselves to be questioned or criticised ("listen and believe") and that the group/leader is always right;
    - Attacking (quite viciously) anyone who engages in critique or believes that GamerGate supporters have a valid point or steps out of line, even in their own quarters. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge themselves as anti-GG or is neutral and sees logic with GamerGate supporters is branded a pro-GG MRA misogynist;
    - Asking for money from sympathisers and fellow peers (mostly through Patreon).
    - Single identified 'leader'. Look at the masthead for GamerGhazi on Reddit, Sarkeesian idolised as a deity!
    - Told who you can and cannot identify with (ie. hug-boxes and echo chambers);
    - Distancing themselves from family and friends who do not identify with your ideology (sadly, I have first hand experience of this as a long term friend has cut ties with me when he realised I supported GamerGate);
    - Us vs them mentality/black-and-white fallacy (either you're with us or a misogynist);
    - The ends justify the means mentality when normally such behaviour would be immoral and wrong to that person (ie. doxing is wrong when done to us but fine when done to a GamerGate supporter);

'Anti-gamers' are showing all the hallmarks of typical cult behaviour and characteristics.
    Forum Member
    - Removal and condemnation of critical thinking, scrutiny and criticism. Not allowing themselves to be questioned or criticised ("listen and believe") and that the group/leader is always right;
    - Attacking (quite viciously) anyone who engages in critique or believes that GamerGate supporters have a valid point or steps out of line, even in their own quarters. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge themselves as anti-GG or is neutral and sees logic with GamerGate supporters is branded a pro-GG MRA misogynist;
    - Single identified 'leader'. Look at the masthead for GamerGhazi on Reddit, Sarkeesian idolised as a deity!
    - Distancing themselves from family and friends who do not identify with your ideology (sadly, I have first hand experience of this as a long term friend has cut ties with me when he realised I supported GamerGate);
    - Us vs them mentality/black-and-white fallacy (either you're with us or a misogynist);
    - The ends justify the means mentality when normally such behaviour would be immoral and wrong to that person (ie. doxing is wrong when done to us but fine when done to a GamerGate supporter);

'Anti-gamers' are showing all the hallmarks of typical cult behaviour and characteristics.

Since I've done none of the above and am in fact a gamer myself, I'm not sure why you have directed this post at me.

This sort of nonsense might convince the buffoons of 4chan, reddit and twitter but it's not going to get you anywhere with me I'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Reduced to calling anyone critical of the gaming industry 'anti-gamers'?? Oh dear...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRA's are not misogynists - MRA's fight for the rights of men not to fight for women or bring women down.
    Did you miss the part where i said i wasn't an MRA?

Yes, I did. Do you want to say that more explicitly because I'm not sure anyone on this thread is buying it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These SJW feminists remind me alot of scientology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brainwashed MRA misogynists remind me of the same! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I did. Do you want to say that more explicitly because I'm not sure anyone on this thread is buying it.

I don't care if you or anyone believe it or not. You see i don't see being called an MRA as an insult i just don't view myself as one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brainwashed MRA misogynists remind me of the same! :p

It takes someone who has been brainwashed to recongize another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if you or anyone believe it or not. You see i don't see being called an MRA as an insult i just don't view myself as one.

I do. Perhaps you should too. :( >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pickup artists are not MRA's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reduced to calling anyone critical of the gaming industry 'anti-gamers'?? Oh dear...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW-69xXD734#t=18 (though I recommend watching the whole of the 50 second video).

Also, the term 'anti-gamer' refers to those who agreed with the Gamers are Dead articles and the ideology behind it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do with me as well. The only difference being is that the BBC isn't going to be doing an hour exposing Sarkeesian and the ideologues behind her, including Jonathan "Full" McIntosh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is 'Return of Kings' not a MRA site anymore?? You probably keep up with these things more than I do ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW-69xXD734#t=18 (though I recommend watching the whole of the 50 second video).

Also, the term 'anti-gamer' refers to those who agreed with the Gamers are Dead articles and the ideology behind it.

Are gamers dead??
    These straw man ‘game journalism ethics’ conversations people have been having are largely the domain of a prior age, when all we did was negotiate ad deals and review scores and scraped to be called ‘reporters’, because we had the same powerlessness complex as our audience had. Now part of a writer’s job in a creative, human medium is to help curate a creative community and an inclusive culture -- and a lack of commitment to that just looks out-of-step, like a partial compromise with the howling trolls who’ve latched onto ‘ethics’ as the latest flag in their onslaught against evolution and inclusion.

Hmmm...
    "Gamer” isn’t just a dated demographic label that most people increasingly prefer not to use. Gamers are over. That’s why they’re so mad.

These obtuse shitslingers, these wailing hyper-consumers, these childish internet-arguers -- they are not my audience. They don’t have to be yours. There is no ‘side’ to be on, there is no ‘debate’ to be had.

I agree. This idea of 'gamers' standing together is gone. This thread proves it. I'm ashamed of the title and would no longer describe myself as a 'gamer' as I might be associated with the likes of you. I'd not heard the title SJW before but I kinda like it ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is 'Return of Kings' not a MRA site anymore?? You probably keep up with these things more than I do ;)

No they are largely a pick up artist site with a few mens rights stuff scattered around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are gamers dead??

Hmmm...

I agree. This idea of 'gamers' standing together is gone. This thread proves it. I'm ashamed of the title and would no longer describe myself as a 'gamer' as I might be associated with the likes of you. I'd not heard the title SJW before but I kinda like it ;):p

How does it feel to be on the losing side?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

No, but there is likely some overlap in the people who follow them.
This discussion has been closed.