Alice Cooper/Motorhead tour

honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is this for us wrinkly rockers or will I be fighting for space with a new generation?

Hopefully it will be a bit of both but just in case I have gone for balcony seats to allow for gentle head movement rather than the full bang:D!

Comments

• Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    honeypot wrote: »
    Is this for us wrinkly rockers or will I be fighting for space with a new generation?

Hopefully it will be a bit of both but just in case I have gone for balcony seats to allow for gentle head movement rather than the full bang:D!

LOL. I saw Motorhead a couple of years back.
    Motorhead do what they say on the tin. :D
    Turn the hearing aid down to (1) and make sure your hairpiece is held on with extra sticky stuff especially during Ace of Spades. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the Alice Cooper/Dio tour and the Alice Cooper/Twisted Sister one.

Was a lovely mix of all ages which can be rare for a gig. Not going to this one because I feel I've "done" Alice Cooper now, actually enjoyed T.S more :D

Have a great time!
  • honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I don't think I'd 'get to the stage where I'd 'do' Alice;), but I intend to have a great time thanks:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I don't think I'd 'get to the stage where I'd 'do' Alice;), but I intend to have a great time thanks:D

:D haw haw!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure what your 'flavour' is but Joan Jett is looking 'well fit' :D

Wouldn't 'do'Alice either but Calico - that's a different matter ;):D

Anyway tonight ( Glasgow ) was great , Joan started off nicely ( though I really wish she'd ditch that song - she has enough material of her own and can do plenty of classic covers without resorting to anything associated with scum like that ) , was certainly worth downloading the new CD beforehand though.

Motorhead , well ... never mind turning it up to 11 , I think it was about fifteen ! :eek: :D
    Minor quibble about the set list , a lot of my favourites not played and one or two I'm not so keen on but with their back catalogue you can't please everybody.

Alice , a few surprises , one or two things I hadn't experienced before myself ( I'll say no more ;) ) , again a few songs missing but the staples were pretty much all there.

All in all , the best 35 quid I've spent this year :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that:D, sounding like a good evening in store, hubby will be please JJ has still got it:D
    Off to have a 'listen' to her album;)

Just the one question, I can't find anywhere where it gives an idea of how long it lasts- being that there are three acts (us oldies need to let the babysitter roughly know when we will be getting back:rolleyes:) I know it will vary but roughly how long was the gig?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joan came on stage a few minutes before 7 ( lights went down the very second I entered the arena :D ) , Alice left stage about 11:10

Assuming similar licensing regulations around the country I'd tend to assume an 11pm or so finish but car parks etc. can of course cause delays getting home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant thank you, looks like you get your moneys worth:D