Katy Perry - Legendary Lovers (feat. Drake)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
Forum Member
READ ABOUT IT HERE!

Apparently, it's coming. This reminds me of E.T. feat. Kanye, which sold 9 million worldwide, so it's a winning formula!!

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus E.T was a good song not really improved by kanyed rap nor does it owe it's success to it. LL for me stands in it's own but it'll be interesting to see.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel, you seem to have reinvented yourself. Your threads seem to follow the same format.

Anyway, urgh, another rent a rapper remix.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Why add Drake? There's no need...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    That song is literally one of the only post album singles that doesn't need a feature but I'm looking forwards to hearing it.

She better not add a rapper to Walking On Air...
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The singles for this album have been a MESS!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Why add Drake on it? The song is fine as it is. I hate this rent-a-rapper stuff >:( There's no need for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The singles for this album have been a MESS!

Indeed

I don't know who is to blame. Katy, her label or both?

They just got her singles spot on last era. Only managed 2/5 on this era and funny enough, the two she got right have been the big hits.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roar - Huge Success
    Unconditionally - Flop
    Dark Horse - Huge Success
    Birthday - Huge Flop
    T.I.H.W.D - Flop (not as big a flop as Birthday, at least It got over 100 million YT views where the latter got less than half)
    Legendary Lovers - i feel will also flop, some here will disagree with me but it just reminds me of Unconditionally, if the past two singles didn't do well I can't this doing much better but that's just my opinion.

IMO the other two singles that could of had success are Walking On Air & By The Grace Of God, and perhaps Spiritual at a push(a good few won't have this as was only on the deluxe album, meaning they who got the normal album would likely get it and it has a feel of magic to it, perfect for Xmas) but after that I'd stop and focus on album four
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Unconditional was an OK single choice and the vid is beautiful.
    I think This Moment and It Takes Two are underrated and hidden gems...I was surprised she's doing them on tour but I think they couldve been great singles.
    IVe always disliked Legendary Lovers and This Is How We Do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always felt Ghost and Walking on air should of been singles.

Walking on air could of easily had been one of the biggest hits of the summer.

Brithday works as a silly fun album track, but not at all as a single. Plus the video was so cringey. Talk about trying too hard to be funny. If you try to hard to be funny, your really not. If you are naturally funny, then it is a winner.

Unconditionally seemed to be the Firework of this era, another song way out of her vocal range. Both songs are painful to hear her do the high hotes and even studio trickery couldn't cover it. The minute Dark horse was released as a promo track prior to Prism's release, Dark horse was a hit on billboard 100. But her label ignored it and went for a weaker track to follow up Roar. Thankfully Dark horse was still hanging around and became even bigger once given an official release and a video.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i have a feeling that this era will release more singles than expected .....

so i expect legendary lovers to be followed by walking on air - for a new years eve release?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always felt Ghost and Walking on air should of been singles.

Walking on air could of easily had been one of the biggest hits of the summer.

Brithday works as a silly fun album track, but not at all as a single. Plus the video was so cringey. Talk about trying too hard to be funny. If you try to hard to be funny, your really not. If you are naturally funny, then it is a winner.

Unconditionally seemed to be the Firework of this era, another song way out of her vocal range. Both songs are painful to hear her do the high hotes and even studio trickery couldn't cover it. The minute Dark horse was released as a promo track prior to Prism's release, Dark horse was a hit on billboard 100. But her label ignored it and went for a weaker track to follow up Roar. Thankfully Dark horse was still hanging around and became even bigger once given an official release and a video.

Totally agree about Walking On Air. It shouldve and wouldve been a HUGE summer hit. I think it should stay as a fan favourite now though because next summer will be too late and I think it would bomb as a winter single.

my personal single choices wouldve been

Roar
    Dark Horse (instead of Unconditionally)
    This Moment (Spring)
    Walking On Air (Summer)
    Unconditionally (Winter 2014)
    It Takes Two (close era)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree about Walking On Air. It shouldve and wouldve been a HUGE summer hit. I think it should stay as a fan favourite now though because next summer will be too late and I think it would bomb as a winter single.

my personal single choices wouldve been

Roar
    Dark Horse (instead of Unconditionally)
    This Moment (Spring)
    Walking On Air (Summer)
    Unconditionally (Winter 2014)
    It Takes Two (close era)

I actually thought Walking On Air was more autumn than summer, don't know why I just see the video fitting the season more than the summer
    Forum Member
    I love this album regardless of single choices

One of my pop highlights of 2013.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It Takes Two would've made a great single choice.
    Forum Member
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    It Takes Two would've made a great single choice.

I agree. This one and "Spiritual" are great bonus additions to the album.