Explosion at Boston Marathon

Comments

• thomas painthomas pain Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    And so you're just ignoring the information he has about the radicalization of the elder brother

so he was told.
    the fact the parents were unreliable, not providing a stable household, that the mother at one point abruptly started wearing a hijab, OK, then:rolleyes:.

wearing a headscarf does not mean she became a terrorist. the mother was a shop lifter.
    --

seems to me the older brother was a psychopath ... a deranged lunatic ... the younger brother was just a tool.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...in ALL senses of the word?
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wearing a headscarf does not mean she became a terrorist. the mother was a shop lifter.
    Of course it doesn't, but the point is it was an abrupt change in her behaviour, it would be interesting to know if it was her own choice, or something the elder brother pressured her into. Given it looks like the father may well have been absent by then, it gives you a picture of perhaps how things were in the household, and how the elder brother started to hold sway over both the mother, and, eventually the younger brother.
    seems to me the older brother was a psychopath ... a deranged lunatic ... his younger brother is just a tool.
    Probably he was, I'm not sure you mean tool as in fool, or in the sense the uncle used it, i.e. the elder brother didn't give a f*ck about him & just wanted to have him as backup for his lunatic escapade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably he was, I'm not sure you mean tool as in fool, or in the sense the uncle used it, i.e. the elder brother didn't give a f*ck about him & just wanted to have him as backup for his lunatic escapade.

used like an instrument. after all he's only 19.

perhaps in the next few days he himself will be able to tell us why he did it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting comment 3 hours ago by the well known commentator on Islam, Press TV presenter & Oxford academic Tariq Ramadan on youtube:

"The Russian KGB were involved in these attacks, they used two brother TCHECHENS for Americans to believe that it was the Muslims who did this. they will pay dearly."

I wonder what his source is, and what he means by them paying dearly:confused:?
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting comment 3 hours ago by the well known commentator on Islam, Press TV presenter & Oxford academic Tariq Ramadan on youtube:

"The Russian KGB were involved in these attacks, they used two brother TCHECHENS for Americans to believe that it was the Muslims who did this. they will pay dearly."

I suspect he has zero evidence to back up such claims. The "pay dearly" part sounds worrying though, as it sounds like a veiled threat of further Islamic Terror attacks.

According to Ramadan's Wiki page,
    Ramadan has shown excessive generosity in his rationalization of the motives behind acts of terrorism.

and,
    Tariq Ramadan is slippery. He says one thing to his faithful Muslim followers and something else entirely to his Western audience. His choice of words, the formulations he uses – even his tone of voice – vary, chameleon-like, according to his audience.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he has to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #FreeJahar trending on Twitter.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    Technically it's a conspiracy either way: either 2 brothers conspired to bomb the marathon or someone else did...

This is literally true, but I think "conspiracy theory" as a phrase has evolved over time to mean something a bit more than just "a theory which involves people conspiring" in common parlance in the same way the word "organic" has evolved to mean something a bit more than just "organic" when discussing food.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Bird wrote: »
    what I find strange is that both lads didn't even try to conceal their faces.......

the IRA concealed their faces, the taliban cover their faces, very odd........
    I don't believe this is a religious bombing either.........

This reminds me of the nutter that did the Nail bombings in London, what was his name? (he planted his bombs outside 'gay' friendly pubs.

Pulling on a balaclava before dumping a suspect package in a crowd full of people who were watching a marathon and weren't wearing balaclavas might possibly have looked a bit weird, surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what people would be saying if Colombine had happened today and Harris and Klebold had succeeded in blowing up the school as planned?

Would people still claim something "doesn't sit right" about that?

Damn straight they would. Common sense would tell you it had all the hallmarks of not quite adding up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Pulling on a balaclava before dumping a suspect package in a crowd full of people who were watching a marathon and weren't wearing balaclavas might possibly have looked a bit weird, surely?
    Well exactly, even wearing false beards or prosthetics would probably be risky amongst a crowd of so many people that you are going to be up close to, the likelihood of someone noticing something off would be pretty high.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

I dunno. Perhaps if they had worn nice bushy beards and long flowing robes, then they wouldn't have been spotted;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #FreeJahar trending on Twitter.
    80% of the posters seem to be people who are wondering somewhat WTF they are doing

his friend Troy Crossley has set up FreeJahar, and posted a leaked picture of Dzhokhar in hospital
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what people would be saying if Colombine had happened today and Harris and Klebold had succeeded in blowing up the school as planned?
    Based on the evidence of Sandy Hook, they'd be a demand for school guards armed with grenades.

Killing a couple of dozen children is acceptable as long as you aren't Muslim.

As John Oliver said - "One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all have to take off our shoes at the airport. Thirty one school shootings since Columbine and no change in the regulation of guns."
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Based on the evidence of Sandy Hook, they'd be a demand for school guards armed with grenades.

As John Oliver said - "One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all have to take off our shoes at the airport. Thirty one school shootings since Columbine and no change in the regulation of guns."

....and you accuse others of bigotry yet the next day suggest Americans generally are ok with children being murdered if it isn't done by a Muslim. Seek help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was alive and struggling with Watertown police early Friday morning, when his younger brother and alleged co-conspirator drove over him in a stolen SUV, dragging him on the pavement and apparently inflicting the fatal injuries that killed him, said Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau in a Globe interview."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/21/new-details-wild-shootout-with-bomb-suspects-watertown-chief-believes-older-brother-was-killed-younger-brother-desperate-getaway/Z793pheqYmXbWbhPr74YDN/story.html

May be true; may be spin?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    It's more a case that someone so paranoid is labeling someone a CT as all the more absurd. You're the one that started the witch hunt. :D

yes yes, if it makes you happy then, I'm a CT. Happy now? Not sure how you got to that, but I won't hold it against you. :rolleyes:

What makes you think I'm paranoid? I'm not the one contributing to the whole CT movement.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Never will be either. The NRA have seen to that. "When a bad guy with a gun meets a good guy with a gun.....", with that 'psyche' and mentality there really is no hope! :rolleyes:
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was alive and struggling with Watertown police early Friday morning, when his younger brother and alleged co-conspirator drove over him in a stolen SUV, dragging him on the pavement and apparently inflicting the fatal injuries that killed him, said Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau in a Globe interview."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/21/new-details-wild-shootout-with-bomb-suspects-watertown-chief-believes-older-brother-was-killed-younger-brother-desperate-getaway/Z793pheqYmXbWbhPr74YDN/story.html

May be true; may be spin?

I'd read he was shot to bits, then blown up by one of his explosives and eventually ran over by his brother.

But didn't they try to stop the bleeding at the hospital? which suggests he may have been alive at this point.
  • oncemoreoncemore Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Never will be either. The NRA have seen to that. "When a bad guy with a gun meets a good guy with a gun.....", with that 'psyche' and mentality there really is no hope! :rolleyes:

It's incredibly frustrating to have an organization like the NRA basically buying enough influence to kill any attempt to regulate guns. What Congress has said to US citizens is that the type of mass murder that destroyed families in Newtown and the daily gun violence that plagues our cities is absolutely worth it. The lack of leadership from the left, and the cynicism and outright lying from the right has been mind-boggling.

They have the money, they have the influence and they won.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »

I suspect he has zero evidence to back up such claims. The "pay dearly" part sounds worrying though, as it sounds like a veiled threat of further Islamic Terror attacks.

According to Ramadan's Wiki page

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he has to say.
    I was going to say I was surprised by the comment, but I can imagine his fellow Press TV employee Mr Galloway saying something similar so perhaps not that surprising (though Mr Galloway isn't an Oxford professor).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wass dzokhar wearing his backpack when leaving the bombing scene ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bjocGidSLJw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wass dzokhar wearing his backpack when leaving the bombing scene ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bjocGidSLJw

A CT video.

YouTube deliver the crucial goods yet again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80% of the posters seem to be people who are wondering somewhat WTF they are doing

his friend Troy Crossley has set up FreeJahar, and posted a leaked picture of Dzhokhar in hospital
    OK seems Troy didn't know him

"I may not know him personally but he has me to DM on here if he gets out. Much love to @J_tsar #freejahar #FreeDzhokhar"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    A CT video.

YouTube deliver the crucial goods yet again!

where is this guy's backpack ? >>>> http://www.silvergoldsilver.com/images/easyblog_images/62/b2ap3_thumbnail_boston.jpg
This discussion has been closed.