Options

How the Hell can not believing in Creationism be an excuse for nominating?

Comments

• Options
    AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the reaction in the house if they saw one of Imogen's phone convos?
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    Send in Sheldon Cooper I say

He really would tell the cool gang he thought they where below him and not bat an eyelid.
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    I would have expected her to have had a problem with Matthew, but I'm just stirring.

Why Matthew? Have I missed something?
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Harry got loads of nominations for being a fan of fox-hunting, which had nothing to do with anything that happened in the house, so it's hardly the worst nomination reason ever.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely no one seriously believes the old Creationist nonsense anymore it's not even a theory anymore as there is no physical evidence, so to nominate someone for it is wrong .

It's just as nonsensical as saying we all originated from a big bang .
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    lightblues wrote: »
    Her reason for nominating was that Ash was dismissive of her views , she had a valid reason imo

Where as shes so tolerant of other people's views.......:-p
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I was rolling my eyes so hard, that I might have ended up nominated. Unbelievable that BB accepted that reason.
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xbling wrote: »
    "And he made Adam and Eve and they had children"

Yeah, two boys!

Exactly. I wonder how she would explain who those two boys mated with to produce he rest of the human race. According to the bible, there was only one woman on the earth (Eve). Did they commit incest?
  • Options
    Phil O'SopherPhil O'Sopher Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle's beliefs are stupid nonsense, so I nominate her to leave immediately. There's no excuse for tolerating the intolerable stupidity of her beliefs. ;):)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for her to explain how Adam and Eve had babies, did Adam actually get his thing out,eeeeeeewwwwwww? :p
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    surely no one seriously believes the old Creationist nonsense anymore it's not even a theory anymore as there is no physical evidence, so to nominate someone for it is wrong .

Shocking statistic. Please don't use this to bash Americans, though.

A 2014 Gallup survey reports that 42% of U.S. adults say they believe God created the world around 10,000 years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Danielle is very thick she probably thought this was a genuinely good excuse.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought creationists have been able to save face for a while now by explaining that the seven days thing actually reflects a much longer period of time?
    Every so often, and when it's convenient for her, Danielle slips back into her role as the fundamental Christian Virgin, who is mortified by any mention of sex. But it's so opposite to her job of taking her clothes off and titillating men with saucy photos, that any credibility she has is shot.

I can't wait for her to find out that Helen is an ex prossie. She will literally implode with self righteous indignation.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was probably one of the worst reasons for nominating out of any Big Brother.
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    hasn't it been revealed already that the whole catholic thing was just a big ruse to make her appear interesting to the producers to get her on the show? a fake persona orchestrated by dexter before she went in? i'm sure this was discussed in an early bbbots segment when dexter called in. watching her perpetuate the act is just getting tedious now ...
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    It's just as nonsensical as saying we all originated from a big bang .

Except that one has evidence and a plausible theory behind it, whereas the other doesn't.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    Except that one has evidence and a plausible theory behind it, whereas the other doesn't.

If there was evidence of the big bang, wouldn't it no longer be a theory?:o
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s

Some people do, mainly Born Again Christians. I don't know any Catholics who believe it. It isn't even taught in Catholic schools, or certainly wasn't in mine anyway (and I left school in the 1980s).

She shouldn't have been allowed to use this reason. As others have said, it would have been questioned if someone nominated her for her (pretend) religious beliefs.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there was evidence of the big bang, wouldn't it no longer be a theory?:o

No. The word "theory" in the scientific sense doesn't mean the same thing as it does in the colloquial sense. A scientific theory is supported by data, is falsifiable, and makes predictions.

Evidence for the Big Bang

Scientific theory
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    I would love to say that to her.

The boys must have had sex with mummy to produce more children.

I think it's believed that Adam and Eve had lots of children, most of whom aren't named in the Bible. Those children then went on to procreate, so yes, they committed incest between brothers and sisters! What a lovely story!
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    radiofree wrote: »
    Shocking statistic. Please don't use this to bash Americans, though.

A 2014 Gallup survey reports that 42% of U.S. adults say they believe God created the world around 10,000 years ago.

A good proportion of those would presumably be arguing the more reasonable interpretation that God caused the Big Bang, rather than Danielle's much zanier ideas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe he created dinosaurs? I've yet to meet a creationist who can explain that little detail in their tidy story of the evolution of man. Where the descendants of Eve & Adam were when the earth was teeming with ginormous predators. Off in the arc, or up the tower of babel?

Nor have they explained how Adam & Eve spawned all of mankind without a lot of incest going on down the chain.

Respecting someone who believes in God or Jesus Christ is one thing. Respecting intelligent design is also fine. Respecting the creation story? Danielle, give over, that's not disrespecting your faith. My family are Catholic but they're also not morons.

An ex of mine firmly believed that dinosaur bones were placed on the earth by Satan, in an attempt to trick us mere mortals into not believing the Bible! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you've not met many Americans have you?
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    He has mocked one of the fundamental tenets of her faith, what better reason is there for nominating someone than that.
    Maybe next time she should stick to the" he doesn"t screw the top down on the pickle jar after he has used it "variety of excuse.
  • Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ThatJosh wrote: »
    Well her exact words were "I am nominating Ash because he admitted to believing in the Big Bang theory. I obviously believe that God created the world in 7 days because I am catholic.. so yeah." -- also let me point out that is incorrect. He supposedly rested on the seventh day. slow clap for not knowing your own religion, danielle.

Catholics do believe in the Big Bang Theory. it was first proposed by a Catholic priest. Catholic doctrine would not be incompatible with the BBT as they would hold that it was caused by God and with regards Genesis how long is a day before the creation of the Sun? and all that. The Pope has also made statements backing Evolution so I don't think Catholicism and Creation ism are the same thing.