Sounds like the Winner's single definitely is Damien Rice's Cannonball

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/in-the-mix/2011/12/08/marcus-collins-talks-about-x-factor-final-as-he-performs-liverpool-homecoming-gig-video-pictures-100252-29915771/2/

In this article Marcus does an interview with the liverpool paper after returning home last night. In one part of the article it says this:
The singer, whose fans include former X Factor stars JLS, Rebecca Ferguson and Alexandra Burke, has already recorded his own single.

The track, a take on Damien Rice’s Cannonball, will only be released if he is crowned the winner on Sunday night’s show.

Rivals Amelia Lily and girl group Little Mix have also recorded a version of the same song, but X Factor bosses were yet to officially confirm the winner’s track.

Marcus said: “I was really happy with the choice for the winner’s single.

“I remembered the song and I’d been fully introduced to it when Craig [Colton] performed it at boot camp.

“I shared a room with Craig and we went through the song lyric by lyric and explained the meaning and the story of the song. So I already had a grasp of it.

“So when I got it and I knew I could put my twist to it, it was exciting.”

Craig performed Cannonball at bootcamp, so sounds like that is indeed the winner's single.

Comments