susan boyle rumours

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Apparently she suffered an emotional breakdown in June at a motorway services at Knutsford in Cheshire.

She really does pick her places :confused:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may happen again, at the moment she's found herself in dangerous territory regardIng sales because the album is flopping worldwide. And this may have an effect on her with Sony/SyCo.
    From the reports coming out, they are not happy with the sales so far.
    In her second week in the US, Adele's 21 selling more and that's still on full price there like it is in th rest of the world, and this week it sold over 10million in the US. http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/retail/adele-s-21-hits-10-million-in-u-s-sales-1008029002.story

IMO it is because Susan's albums are full of covers. You can get away with that for maybe one to two albums tops but then it gets stale.
  • thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    icanboogie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. I paid £80 for two tickets to see her in the 'I Dreamed A Dream' musical. All she had to do was sing two songs and she never even turned up. She had played two nights at the venue and that was it.

I know she has problems but this has really put me off her. I know the small print said there was no guarantee but still it was shoddy and the show was not worth the money without her.

I hope Rihanna kicks her wiggling butt when they both release albums.
    She had a Theater gig in Liverpool a few months back and didn't turn up. I for one will never buy anything related to this woman again. We couldn't even get a refund.
    rionia wrote: »
    If that was the Susan Boyle musical, which starred Elaine C Smith, in which Susan Boyle herself appeared on stage then end, then tickets were sold on the basis that her appearance was not guaranteed.

We saw the show in Cardiff

The fact is that she (as 1/2 owner of the production) advertised that she would appear barring "unforeseen circumstances". But in fact she was a no-show for nearly HALF of those performances. She was seen, for example, shopping at her local mall; attending a Blackburn children's talent show; and - most "unforeseen" of all - appearing as a guest on Britain's Got Talent!! - all during scheduled performance times, with no notice of cancellation given. That equates to thousands of patrons whose money she took under false pretenses, and many such as icanboogie and ItsRyanYall were understandably upset. In Aberdeen, the front-of-theatre staff actually had to hide from the mob of angry patrons.

But Subo breezily dismisses all this on her website, saying she enjoyed dropping in on the musical from time to time! And she has evidently also enjoyed splashing out with icanboogie and ItsRyanYall's ticket money -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-real-gem.html
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Apparently she suffered an emotional breakdown in June at a motorway services at Knutsford in Cheshire.

The full report is here:

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2012/06/02/20120602susan-boyle-emotional-breakdown.html?nclick_check=1
    80sfan wrote: »
    She really does pick her places :confused:

It seems that her "emotional breakdown" actually started sometime earlier that day. Two days before, she had flown in to Birmingham for the musical and performed at the opening night; and the next day she did both matinee and evening shows. But the third day, something must have happened to get her knickers in a twist, because about two hours before curtain time she phoned for a cab and left town. It was on her way back to Scotland that they stopped at the services near Manchester where she had her public meltdown.

"...and that's just ONE side of me."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way she's heading, she needs to enjoy living a diva lifestyle while she can afford it :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    This may happen again, at the moment she's found herself in dangerous territory regardIng sales because the album is flopping worldwide. And this may have an effect on her with Sony/SyCo.
    From the reports coming out, they are not happy with the sales so far.
    In her second week in the US, Adele's 21 selling more and that's still on full price there like it is in th rest of the world, and this week it sold over 10million in the US. http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/retail/adele-s-21-hits-10-million-in-u-s-sales-1008029002.story

Well to be fair, comparing an album of show tune covers with Adele's pop originals is really an apples-and-oranges situation. A more apt comparison might be with the American talent-show product Jackie Evancho's new release of songs from the movies. Susan's first-week US sales slightly beat out Jackie's in her own country. And, in the UK she's doing far better than Melanie C ("Sporty Spice"), whose CD has some remarkably similar tracks.

Personally I'd love to see her split with Syco if it meant she could be singing in venues where she wasn't frightened half to death. This round of high-stress promo performances has been ghastly, artistically speaking.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to be fair, comparing an album of show tune covers with Adele's pop originals is really an apples-and-oranges situation. A more apt comparison might be with the American talent-show product Jackie Evancho's new release of songs from the movies. Susan's first-week US sales slightly beat out Jackie's in her own country. And, in the UK she's doing far better than Melanie C ("Sporty Spice"), whose CD has some remarkably similar tracks.

Personally I'd love to see her split with Syco if it meant she could be singing in venues where she wasn't frightened half to death. This round of high-stress promo performances has been ghastly, artistically speaking.

But would any other label treat her any differently ? At the end of the day the music industry is a business first and formost and Susan is a comodity supplying a service to the GBP and the more she appears and sells records the more they make.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    IMO it is because Susan's albums are full of covers. You can get away with that for maybe one to two albums tops but then it gets stale.
    say that to Rod Stewart
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    But would any other label treat her any differently ? At the end of the day the music industry is a business first and formost and Susan is a comodity supplying a service to the GBP and the more she appears and sells records the more they make.

Yes, if Susan's goal is to sell boatloads of CDs, maybe she needs the services of a major label. If it's her music that she cares about, well she has already shown what she can do for a mere £1,000 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6-fD55_87c

- one of the most jaw-dropping performances I have ever heard. She is in a position financially to make great art and not worry if she never sells another record.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This poor lady has been milked dry by Syco. She isn't a star, never was a star, but just the object of clever manipulation and hype.:(
    She's made a nice bit of money, her best bet now would be to retire gracefully before Syco do the obvious and humiliate her.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    say that to Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart is an established star who's been on the go for over 40 years. Susan is a person with a distinctly average talent who did very well on a talent show.
    soullover wrote: »
    This poor lady has been milked dry by Syco. She isn't a star, never was a star, but just the object of clever manipulation and hype.:(
    She's made a nice bit of money, her best bet now would be to retire gracefully before Syco do the obvious and humiliate her.

Agreed.

I don't think she can emote when she sings and because of that she has no understanding of the lyrics. Imo, that's down to her mental health/learning difficulties. She's been hyped up and manipulated and the public along with her into believing she's something out of this world. Her star will wane when the public get bored of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rod Stewart is an established star who's been on the go for over 40 years. Susan is a person with a distinctly average talent who did very well on a talent show.

She's nothing more than a karaoke singer who got lucky sadly. Just Jack's 'Stars in their Eyes' song could have been written for her :(
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    She's nothing more than a karaoke singer who got lucky sadly. Just Jack's 'Stars in their Eyes' song could have been written for her :(
    It's not as simple as that though. She has a natural quirky charm that a lot of people like and for them, that adds something extra 'when she sings'. People have had a chance to see, through the media and even face to face, the real person and they still like her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    It's not as simple as that though. She has a natural quirky charm that a lot of people like and for them, that adds something extra 'when she sings'. People have had a chance to see, through the media and even face to face, the real person and they still like her.

I don't think there's anything to dislike about Susan as a person, she seems pleasant and down to earth. I'd just question whether she has any real ability as a singer beyond being totally average, and whether her rise to fame hasn't been fuelled by public sympathy for her mental problems.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I just heard a short of her singing, it is not her personality although it does tend to make her even more unlikely to be such a good singer. It was not the song, although she sang it beautifully.

For me, what sets her apart from others is the beautiful tone of her voice, so clear and unspoilt. It will not appeal to all just as other forms of music eg Rap does not appeal to others.

Each to their own, there is nothing worse than someone who is a music snob whatever genre they aspire to, classical snobs or urban slobs, all think their music is the best when it is all down to personal choice.
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Her last album didn't sell well at all last year and that's according to the shipped(album sales) list of UK artists for 2012.
    List of the top UKselling artists in the World
    Adele 2 albums (21 sold another 10million and takes her close to 28million)
    Amy Winehouse
    Coldplay
    Florence And The Machine
    One Directions 2 albums
    Muse
    Robbie Williams
    Rod Stewart
    The Rolling Stone
    Mumford&Sons 2 albums
    Olly Murs
    Emeli
    Led Zeppelin
    Ed

Subo was with Cole,Lewis for albums that didn't make the sales cut.

So in other words she flopped.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too fragile for this industry.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    NScot wrote: »
    Her last album didn't sell well at all last year and that's according to the shipped(album sales) list of UK artists for 2012.
    List of the top UKselling artists in the World
    Adele 2 albums (21 sold another 10million and takes her close to 28million)
    Amy Winehouse
    Coldplay
    Florence And The Machine
    One Directions 2 albums
    Muse
    Robbie Williams
    Rod Stewart
    The Rolling Stone
    Mumford&Sons 2 albums
    Olly Murs
    Emeli
    Led Zeppelin
    Ed

Subo was with Cole,Lewis for albums that didn't make the sales cut.

So in other words she flopped.

Who cares? She's obviously making enough money to keep doing what she loves, so good luck to her.

DS has a frustrating obsession with sales figures when it comes to music.

You also sound strangely pleased when you claim she's flopped, though I hope I'm just misreading you there.

Your post is so irrelevant to this thread. Wouldn't it have been better as a new topic in the music forum?
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    soullover wrote: »

i think shes got a great voice but i think she would be better packing in showbiz and returning to obsurity before something really bad happens to her
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    mrblank wrote: »
    i think shes got a great voice but i think she would be better packing in showbiz and returning to obsurity before something really bad happens to her

Seems like she's doing okay though. Hasn't she just been on tour with her idol Donny Osmand?

Is there any concrete evidence that she's been genuinely unstable lately, other than unprovable rumours?
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
    Still brings tears to my eyes and who says she cant emote.Beautiful voice, go Susan.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
    Still brings tears to my eyes and who says she cant emote.Beautiful voice, go Susan.

I cannot count how many times I've viewed that clip and have it as a direct link on my toolbar.

Magical television at its very best.:)
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Too fragile for this industry.
    Yes I agree with all the comments on here re poor Susan - she's a total nutcase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree with all the comments on here re poor Susan - she's a total nutcase.

Not a fan of Susan's at all, but the BiB was totally uncalled for. :mad:

She suffered slight brain damage at birth which would make her have learning difficulties. That doesn't make her a 'nutcase'.

Honestly, the ignorance of some people is astonishing.