Nexus 7 - 2012

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are these any good? Can get one really cheap but was warey of the screen and 1B of RAM?

Comments

• LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what you want to use it for. It's still pretty good for web browsing and media but may not be up to the latest games. I don't play games at all and I'm still happy with mine - though I could be tempted by the forthcoming Nexus 8.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Are these any good? Can get one really cheap but was warey of the screen and 1B of RAM?

I use mine mainly for showing videos and photos, and playing Family Guy Quest for Stuff.

Worth getting cheap if you want something you can take out without worrying too much if it gets damaged.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has slowed down horribly , waiting for a keyboard to appear before you can type anything would be frustrating on any device and keypresses that don't register aren't much fun either . A reinstall doesn't seem to fix these problems either . My 2013 flies by in comparison .
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Mine has slowed down horribly , waiting for a keyboard to appear before you can type anything would be frustrating on any device and keypresses that don't register aren't much fun either . A reinstall doesn't seem to fix these problems either . My 2013 flies by in comparison .

Mine is absolutely fine, cleared the dalvik cache a few months back and thats been about it for maintenance - aside from periodically leaving it on overnight for it to do its own housekeeping. Screen is responsive, it handles most of the games that my kids put on it without any problems.
  • colin_ansoncolin_anson Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nexus7 2012 v nexus 2013. i prefer the latter but in comparison there is little visually to seperate them, though the, 2013 model is marginally taller; marginally lighter in weight; it has higher screen resolution and a 'back' camera.

price is maybe the largest factor if there any more stores that are stocking it as argos has not stocked it in our area for a few months, now.

Ideally, it has to be the nexus2013 with the latest 4.4 update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked a used one up a while back. £55. Might not be the latest and greatest but its a fine lot of tablet for that price and I haven't noticed any performance issues with mine.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I picked a used one up a while back. £55. Might not be the latest and greatest but its a fine lot of tablet for that price and I haven't noticed any performance issues with mine.

For £55 it's not so bad - but it's always had performance issues even when new - it's never been the fastest tablet.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still using mine with no problems. I'm playing Real Racing 3 without any bother. I've really had my money's worth out of it.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still using mine. Getting a bit long in the tooth but fine for a first tablet.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd recommend the Elgato EyeTV W to add more life to the Nexus 7.

It provides mobile wifi Freeview TV on android and IOS devices.

it has been very useful during power cuts, when I've been able to keep watching TV on the nexus.