Week 7: Favourite Couple

Comments

• LoueezLoueez Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Austin & Erin, but am loving Jodie & Lisa too :)
  • Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this poll not usually a "sticky" ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie and Ian definately - their waltz was beautiful. :)
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    CutlersGal wrote: »
    Thanks for setting up the poll this week PD, & adding all the links. Do you think the mods can make this sticky for so it remains at the top of the page till next Sat?

:D

I have requested this as usual, but maybe the person on weekend duty doesn't know how to pin threads, as a similar thread on the X Factor forum is still unstickied.

I'll be at work all day tomorrow so can someone around tomorrow morning kindly alert the mods via the alert tab so it can be pinned? Otherwise it'll drop to page 2 and we could end up not having a proper poll for this week.
  • uptowngirluptowngirl Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still Cherie and James for me followed closely by Jodie and Ian - I thought their dance this week was gorgeous!

So you actually think Cherie & James did the best dance of the night? You must be watching a different programme to me!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i think so, i wonder why the mods havent made it one. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    uptowngirl wrote: »
    So you actually think Cherie & James did the best dance of the night? You must be watching a different programme to me!;)

I dont think they did but they are still my favourite couple to watch each week :) as well as Jodie and Ian.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rachel & Vincent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Cherie and James.
  • uptowngirluptowngirl Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they did but they are still my favourite couple to watch each week :) as well as Jodie and Ian.

Oh right, sorry! I thought the poll was to vote for best dance of the night, not fave couple overall! Someone should start that poll cos I think the results could be very different! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    I have requested this as usual, but maybe the person on weekend duty doesn't know how to pin threads, as a similar thread on the X Factor forum is still unstickied.

I'll be at work all day tomorrow so can someone around tomorrow morning kindly alert the mods via the alert tab so it can be pinned? Otherwise it'll drop to page 2 and we could end up not having a proper poll for this week.

Request made. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, sorry! I thought the poll was to vote for best dance of the night, not fave couple overall! Someone should start that poll cos I think the results could be very different! :)

Uptowngirl I know exactly what you mean. I've often thought that my favourite couple and the couple who danced best on the night aren't always the same one. :o But as the poll is called Favourite couple I'm voting for that and not my favourite dance. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member

That's just how I interprited it :) If it was favourite dance of the night, I would have gone for Austin's Quickstep probably but as I'm not a huge Austin fan (though I think he's a fantastic dancer) I wouldn't vote for him and Erin as my favourite couple. Its strange because this is the first series where I've had a stand out favourite couple from the start :)
  • KikaKika Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Christine & Matthew
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite couple is still Austin and Erin but absolutely loved Jodie&Ians Waltz on Saturday and still supporting Christine and Matthew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Jodie and Ian- I have really warmed to Jodie and I didn't think I would. Also its great to see her dancing getting better and better every week :)

I wish I could vote for more than one because i'd also choose John & Kristina, Austin & Erin, Tom & Camilla, and Rachel & Vincent :D
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom and Camilla - great Paso.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherie & James :D

Not their best routine at the weekend, but still my favourite couple, who I look forward to watching the most each week.

John & Kristina still second for me too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think different people interpret it different ways, as will be see by John consistently getting votes despite having had some nights when (in pure dance terms) he clearly wasn't the "best".

But even if you started a "best routine on the night" most people would still vote just the same way they would usually, intepreting the poll their own way, and there would no doubt be disagreement as to who was the best anyway! (Even the judges don't always agree on that.)

As it is, it's labeled "favourite couple" - not "best couple" - and as such it's only fair that people should be allowed to vote for their favourites as they see fit, whether it's an established favourite or the best dance on the night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherie and James. Liking Tom and Jodie too though.
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie and Ian, closely followed by Austin and Erin with Rachel and Vincent hot on their heels
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liked Erin and Austin this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Austin & Erin
    2) Cristine & Matthew
    - Love These 2 Pairs ;):D
    3) Jodie & Ian
    4) Lisa & Brendan

:):)
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austin and Erin...definition of class.

Lisa and Brendan close second...clever Brendan, they did a great tango and great music.

Also cheering on Jodie.

My problem this year is too many kupples to like.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    Austin and Erin :)

Jodie and Ian a very close 2nd!