Change the record, Peter!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    Yeh but the fact is she has responded twice to his unfair comments.

I also add that she has not sold this to a newspaper, she has given her statement free on her website to clear her name, not to profit.

The first time she responded fair play to her... this time imo just cynical manipulation and just as full of bad feeling as his article.

Lets call this Tit and Tat...

Tit... prevented him from seeing Harvey
    Tat... got several OK covers and 'papped' everywhere with the other two.

Tat... Katie knows why I left... I will never tell... for the sake of my kids
    Tit... OK spread with the horse trainer

Tit... straightening P's hair and applying make-up to annoy the father
    Tat... interviews galore about how horrified... yes horrified he is.

Tat... heavily features the children in his show... not including Harvey who it would appear can only legally be used by his mother
    Tit... removes the two younger children from her show... still uses Harvey the child she has sole merchandising rights to...
    ever since has been begging the father to take them out of the public eye

Tit... claims new man no1 is the best thing that ever happened to her children... photo spread of them in the park with new daddy no1
    Tat... puts out stories about bruises and burns... sorry his best friend does

Tat... makes bessie friends with his ex's former best friends who sell stories about ex
    Tit... as above

Tit... gets bessie friends to reveal details about her personal life to prove she is moving on
    Tat... as above

Ok there are absolutely heaps more everyone can produce at least two. :p:p:p
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    HEAT MAGAZINE

At the outset I would like to apologise for having to respond to my ex-husbands article in Heat (which Heat published without seeking comment from me and having published a fake interview with me a few weeks ago). I am more than aware that the public are as sick as I am of the constant stories harping back to a marriage that ended three years ago. Since the press coverage with respect to Princess's burn I have tried not to engage with these stories but sometimes it is difficult.

I have an awful lot of respect for what my marriage was and it gave me two amazing Children. I don't want to be drawn into tit for tat comments as I have done previously to my regret. I wish Peter all the success in the world with his career and his personal life - I am sure he does not need to reference me in every interview he gives and I still hope that he joins me in trying to remove the children from the public domain. This hope and the hope that we can one day be friends for the sake of the children are however the only hopes I have with respect to a relationship with Pete.

Was I devastated when Pete left me? Yes. Did I react badly to it. Yes. Am I over this - yes and I have been for some time. I don't want to be with him and I know he does not want to be with me.

Peter's Heat interview was so full of spite that it is saddening. I would just like to point out the following:

1. After we met to settle a legal dispute Pete and I talked and joked, in front of others, about getting together and going on holiday to Dubai at New Year. It is true that for a while after this we were getting on better and that (like many couples who have a history) there were discussions about what may have been and what might be if we got back together. These conversations were, I thought, just between us where we both knew that the comments were light hearted 'what ifs' and not serious. I had no idea that they would be used against me like this.
    Of course I sometimes think we should still be together for the sake of the Children, but I know that cannot and will not be the case. Nor is that what I want - I am not sure how many times I have to say it. I don't know how the stories about us getting back together appeared in the press but they did not come from me. In any event Pete made clear in his New! column at the start of January that there was no hope of us going back together and I had said the same in a statement from my management. He has repeated this line in an interview with OK! Now he has spoken about it again in Heat, yet apparently it is me that is obsessed?

2. After that meeting, and after we had been getting on better a number of things happened. First, I found out some disturbing information and my lawyers wrote to Pete about material uncovered with respect to events in September 2009 - Peter reacted badly to receiving this letter and threatened to 'tell all' about his reasons for leaving me when he appeared on Piers Morgan later that day. Secondly, Pete did an OK! interview and cover shoot with Junior and Princess in which my photograph was photo shopped in. The headline was 'Katie & Peter together at Christmas'. Yet in Heat Pete complains about magazines speculating about us getting back together. Finally, we had cross words at Christmas as dealt with below.

3. For Pete to say in those circumstances that he does not know why things are frosty between us is odd. For him to suggest that things are frosty because he won't get back with me just unpleasant.

4. It is true that Pete invited me into his house on Christmas day when I went to pick up the children as had previously been arranged. I am grateful for this kindness. It is true that this was awkward - this was because my husband (and therefore my Children) were spending Christmas day with two 'friends' who had given the News of the World vicious and unpleasant stories about me. I am sure most parents would feel uncomfortable to find out that their Children were spending such an important day with people who will talk in derogatory terms about them to the national press. If they will do this what on earth will they say behind closed doors?

I am genuinely embarrassed to have to respond in this way. I am sure this will be used as an excuse for another round of interviews by Pete calling me all sorts of names and making all kinds of accusations. I will attempt to stay quiet and leave my lawyers to deal with the matters that have been uncovered.
    In This Section
    HEAT Magazine

In all its glory.

That is the most intelligent, mature statement i've ever read from KP. Her team is really improving imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luna8 wrote: »
    KP put herself in the awkward position she talks about in Point No 4, as is shown from this excerpt from the Heat interview by Peter Andre.....

“So much has gone on: this is why I'm so cross. I didn't [spend Christmas day with Katie] I saw her for about half an hour when she came to pick the kids up. She came in for a cup of tea and I offered her some food. I had all the family and some friends there and afterwards she said I'd made her feel awkward. I find that upsetting, because I did suggest she sent someone else to pick the kids up to avoid any trouble, but she was adamant that she wanted to come.

KP was well aware of who would be at Peter`s home on Christmas Day, but still insisted on turning up. More spin from "a woman scorned" it seems.

How do you know she was well aware? She might have assumed he wouldn't allow the children around people who have insulted their mother. It was only a matter of time before someone commented on the fact that he's frequently around people who publicly insult her.
  • smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    How do you know she was well aware? She might have assumed he wouldn't allow the children around people who have insulted their mother. It was only a matter of time before someone commented on the fact that he's frequently around people who publicly insult her.

She does the exact same thing so your point isn't valid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smashbox wrote: »
    She does the exact same thing so your point isn't valid.

Did I say it was ok when she does it? I thought he was supposed to be the better, more mature parent?
  • Luna8Luna8 Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    BReal2 wrote: »
    How do you know she was well aware? She might have assumed he wouldn't allow the children around people who have insulted their mother.

He would need to take them to a desert island to do that!
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=BReal2;56319687]How do you know she was well aware?

I already answered this..........

"As KP had been told that Peter had "HIS family and HIS friends" there, I think even she would have been able to work out that they would NOT be people who would be wanting to play a friendly game of charades with her!!!! "
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am amazed this thread is still here.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=BReal2;56319687]How do you know she was well aware?

I already answered this..........

"As KP had been told that Peter had "HIS family and HIS friends" there, I think even she would have been able to work out that they would NOT be people who would be wanting to play a friendly game of charades with her!!!! "

That doesn't mean she'd assume they are people who badmouthed her to the press.
    I am sure most parents would feel uncomfortable to find out that their Children were spending such an important day with people who will talk in derogatory terms about them to the national press. If they will do this what on earth will they say behind closed doors?
    She's right. If he was the better parent than why would he allow such people around their children?
  • summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photo of the 'burn' only got in the press because claire powell sold it to dan wotten (news of the world) and your telling me peter didn;t know this? what sick people they are.
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny she is always talking about him, wasn t so long she put a photo of herself on twitter pointing to his calender. As for Peter having the kids around people she doesn t like and are supposed to have sold stories about her, does that mean she keeps them away from her mum, brother and all of her friends [she even made friends with his ex] As for todays two interviews they were about a reading cause he is involved with [to me worth while]
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's quite a telling slip-up in Kate's carefully crafted essay. In point 4 she says that "this was because my husband (and therefore my Children) were spending Christmas day with two 'friends' who had given the News of the World vicious and unpleasant stories about me." Her husband is technically Alex Reid, Peter vacated the position 3 years ago, do you ever hear him refer to her as anything other than his ex? But Kate still seems to think they're married and that she can dictate who he invites to his home. The big difference between them is that Peter shows gratitude and loyalty to his friends whilst hers are disposable - offend her once and you're cut off and sent to Siberia. Peter made the point in his Titchmarsh interview that he spoke to Heat for 2 hours on a wide range of issues, they chose to ignore most of it and slant the article to get maximum headlines. He understands that's all part of the game, so does Kate which is why her over-the-top response is just more point scoring.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is very telling; the comments below the article, rather than the article itself. This Heat interview has been a massive own goal for PA.

Apologies for the DM link :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2094944/Katie-Price-hits-ex-Peter-Andres-spiteful-interview.html
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    This is very telling; the comments below the article, rather than the article itself. This Heat interview has been a massive own goal for PA.

Apologies for the DM link :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2094944/Katie-Price-hits-ex-Peter-Andres-spiteful-interview.html

From the above link, here is the highest rated comment.

Used to like Peter but he as just too much of a wimp and fame chaser. He should have kept that to himself but can't help himself. If it was not for Katie he would have nothing, he made a fortune out of the marriage. But it's time for him to stop using her for media coverage. By the way I'm not a Katie fan either.
    - Alison, Birmingham, 1/2/2012 18:08

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2094944/Katie-Price-hits-ex-Peter-Andres-spiteful-interview.html#ixzz1lD2UbEjz

Peteybabes............methinks the party's over. You had a good run at it though and if the word decent is in your vocabulary, please do the decent thing and stfu now.
    Think of the children whom you love so professionally.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article in heat from PA is actually lessened my view of him by a lot.

I think KP's response was dignified. --- OK so what she refers to him as her husband (ex in a lot of stories) she LOVED and probably LOVES Pa, she probably did want him back at one point... Sorry but you get any girl taking about the "what ifs" and joking around being back together shes gonna swoon......

Is that a bad thing...... NO! We all know she was in deep love with PA and part of her is always going to want him back and she has 2 constant reminders of him.

I feel for her after reading this article there was NO reason for PA to do it. and I feel sad that shes had to respond.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange how he never attempted to build bridges with the mother of his kids, when his kids needed the support and unity of both parents during the first years of separation and only chose a time when he had been made aware of the evidence KP has in her possession;)
    Buttering KP up to save any action being taken didnt work, but what was worse for PA is the fact that she really does just want to be friends and not bedmates with him, just as she is with most of her exs, that for PA , from someone who he sees as just taking her top off for a very successful wealthy living, while he, a god :D has done everything but sacrifice a chicken to get anywhere near her high profile media status, is all too much for him:mad:and exactly why he is obsessed with her, and everything she does
    Kp has had all the cards since last year, and although she wanted apologies rather than more court action headlines, its doing her no harm to take her time while others sweat;) and lash out with own goal spiteful personal claims against her in their attempts to counter act just what has been uncovered about them, a situation now, that has gone beyond whether you love or hate KP/PA, but to a situation where the truth has to come out to stop people being able to use the media to build up talentless careers at the cost of their exs and worst of all, children:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very much hope that interviewers DO stop asking him about Kate or that he refuses to answer in future. I'm sure he'd be relieved if this marked the end of the obsession the press have with his former relationship with her. It's simply not true to say that's all he has to talk about, tabloids prefer easy Katie/Peter soap opera stories to writing about literacy schemes and charity trips to Zanzibar (which was what he was promoting).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I very much hope that interviewers DO stop asking him about Kate or that he refuses to answer in future. I'm sure he'd be relieved if this marked the end of the obsession the press have with his former relationship with her. It's simply not true to say that's all he has to talk about, tabloids prefer easy Katie/Peter soap opera stories to writing about literacy schemes and charity trips to Zanzibar (which was what he was promoting).

"I'm sure he'd be relieved" :D:D

All he has to do is refuse to answer or say no comment. It's the easiest thing in the world. He answers cos his marriage to her is all he's got to sell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was promoting charities :confused: really then Im afraid hes let them down badly due to the fact that I dont think PA article sized response could be described in any way as simply a reply to an interviewers question, more like well rehearsed blow by blow account
    Sometimes you just Cant dig people out of the hole theyve dug for themselves :D
  • MamajencoMamajenco Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    CPeterson wrote: »
    The behaviour of both Andre and Price is repulsive. Why they feel it wise to constantly bicker, demean, belittle and humiliate each other in public is embarrassing. Does either give any consideration whatsoever to their children who ultimately will be hurt and damaged by their public quarrelling?

Is their desperation for attention and publicity and their desire to remain relevant in modern celebrity culture so important that they'll have their kids grow up knowing how spiteful and vindictive their mum and dad were towards each other?

It used to break my heart when my parents argued when I was a kid. I cannot begin to imagine what it most be like for those nippers having their parents feel compelled to slag each other off on TV shows and in the press on a regular basis.

Excellent post, best I've read on this never ending saga. Those poor children don't have much chance of leading normal lives anyway but this bile between their parents is extremely damaging for them.

KK & PA should put the children first & just stop all this disingenous posturing to the press. Whoops, sorry, neither one of them want to . It's all about Me Me Me! Who cares about the kids! Disgraceful!
    Forum Member
    For the record, the "Burn" story was not broken by NOTW, but by Adrian Butler on Feb 6th last year, in the Sunday Mirror, a paper closely associated with Price.

The interview in Heat seems to have been a final attempt to show how totally obsessed KP has been with the idea of reconciliation, and her reaction to finally realising that it would never happen. She regularly claims to be over PA, but her every action proves otherwise. To be over someone means that you put it all away, and move forward. Even now, she is still not able to do that. She misread his wish to be friendly as him wanting her back, so all hostilities ceased, including the vile mudslinging on Twitter. Curious that almost the very minute it dawned on her that she was never going to get him back, Neville Hendricks appears again with his rubbish. They have nothing that would stand up in a court of law, so they continue with this constant drip drip of innuendo. As Price has said many times, she ALWAYS gets her revenge, no matter how long it takes.

I hope that Peter Andre, for the sake of his own mental health, refuses from now on to even acknowledge this sad woman, either in person or in print. I strongly suspect he will.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do CAN no longer have copy approval on Andre's interviews? They issued fairly limiting contracts for Pete's Costa promotion demanding no mention of "the ex" etc. I would have assumed that for something as important as literary schemes and charity trips they would have ensured it was about that and not allowed Heat to force Peter into to badmouthing KP?
    For the record, the "Burn" story was not broken by NOTW, but by Adrian Butler on Feb 6th last year, in the Sunday Mirror, a paper closely associated with Price.

The interview in Heat seems to have been a final attempt to show how totally obsessed KP has been with the idea of reconciliation,
    Hang on... I thought the interview was supposed to be about charity work and not a nasty, spiteful dig at his ex for publicity and money?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    He was promoting charities :confused: really then Im afraid hes let them down badly

Obviously not too badly or I, for one, wouldn't have heard about them! Try checking out his interview with Lorraine: http://www.itv.com/lorraine/celebrity/peter-andre-interview/#.TymXQWs_qmE.twitter

And Alan: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=304672#.TymbDu70jBQ.twitter (around 40 min mark)

Much easier to steer the conversation away from topics you don't want to discuss on live TV than in a long press interview where you have limited control over the final article. Yes he could give surly 'no comment' replies but he comes across to me as someone affable and helpful so that's probably not his style.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously not too badly or I, for one, wouldn't have heard about them! Try checking out his interview with Lorraine: http://www.itv.com/lorraine/celebrity/peter-andre-interview/#.TymXQWs_qmE.twitter

And Alan: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=304672#.TymbDu70jBQ.twitter (around 40 min mark)

Much easier to steer the conversation away from topics you don't want to discuss on live TV than in a long press interview where you have limited control over the final article. Yes he could give surly 'no comment' replies but he comes across to me as someone affable and helpful so that's probably not his style.

yup , I would agree with that , I still wish he hadn`t said anything though if only because of the storm it`s created , it`s certainly given her the chance to go into full blown victim mode.
    I still agree with CPeterson though , he/she made some very good points , it`s time to stop this , they both need to think of the damage they may be causing to their children.
    It`s even depressing me :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The interview in Heat seems to have been a final attempt to show how totally obsessed KP has been with the idea of reconciliation, and her reaction to finally realising that it would never happen. She regularly claims to be over PA, but her every action proves otherwise. To be over someone means that you put it all away, and move forward. Even now, she is still not able to do that. She misread his wish to be friendly as him wanting her back, so all hostilities ceased, including the vile mudslinging on Twitter. Curious that almost the very minute it dawned on her that she was never going to get him back, Neville Hendricks appears again with his rubbish. They have nothing that would stand up in a court of law, so they continue with this constant drip drip of innuendo. As Price has said many times, she ALWAYS gets her revenge, no matter how long it takes.

I hope that Peter Andre, for the sake of his own mental health, refuses from now on to even acknowledge this sad woman, either in person or in print. I strongly suspect he will.

After the bad publicity and backlash he's receiving over the Heat interview, it's clear the Public want him to stop talking about her. Wha else has he got to offer though? Coffee? His failed music career? His failed presenting career? His latest sham relationship?

Of course, there's always his children. His only guaranteed cash cow, for shame.
This discussion has been closed.