What's the most vile food you've tasted ?.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    Andouiettes. White sausages filled with strips of tripe. They stank of poo when they were being cooked. Its about the only time an entire meal for 5 people has hit the bin.

Oh yuck.

:(
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pine nuts. Why the hell anyone would want to eat something that tastes like bog cleaner is beyond me.

Big problem with some of the pine nuts coming in from China in the past few years. Perhaps you had that? Good ones sure as hell don't taste of bog cleaner :D
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    laverbread. It really does taste as bad as it looks..

http://www.gastronomydomine.com/uploaded_images/P1070220-714490.JPG
    Crikey :eek: it looks like stewed seaweed.

Have to agree with the suggestion of liver (tasted once, never again) and jellied eels (never tasted, but the sight of it make me heave).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sea Urchin. Jesus, I can hardly even type it.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkey: cooked over a fire, with the rigor mortis of the tail providing a useful spit/turning handle. Runner-up: indigenous beer brewed from spit. Mm, might reverse those two on reflection.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be snails and frogs legs. I tried them when I went to Jersey for a short break and met, the then partners relatives (her uncle and his French wife).
    We were invited to lunch and those were two of the foods on offer. The others were all sea foods such as lobster, crab, mussels and the like. damn it was gross. Thank god for all the free beer. The night ended with her uncles partner getting quite pissed and stripping off :eek: as if the food on offer wasn't bad enough. the last thing we wanted to see was a pair of old saggy (@Y@) lol

Snails and frogs legs are just tasteless, IMO. The fact that they need to be dowsed in garlic butter suggest that they need some flavour.

On the other hand, a friend of mine from Sardinia once held a soiree, and they served a local cheese. It stank, was ridden with maggots and had yellow liquid inside it. It tasted worse than it smelt, but they insisted it was a delicacy, so it seemed rude to heave.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grapefruit
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cow and Gate Baby Balance Rice Pudding. Gross. Even my baby niece hates it, no wonder. She likes pilau rice though ;) I tried a bit after she spat it out, and had to gag not to do the same, it was like weird apple juice and off milk. Even the dog wouldn't eat it (she eats anything)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Crikey :eek: it looks like stewed seaweed.

*snip*

It pretty much is, eh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Snails and frogs legs are just tasteless, IMO. The fact that they need to be dowsed in garlic butter suggest that they need some flavour.

On the other hand, a friend of mine from Sardinia once held a soiree, and they served a local cheese. It stank, was ridden with maggots and had yellow liquid inside it. It tasted worse than it smelt, but they insisted it was a delicacy, so it seemed rude to heave.
    Uhoh!:confused::eek:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olives, awful things
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lunar 1 wrote: »
    Willies, awful things

Fixed :D
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkshire Pudding (I would retch if made to eat any),

Donuts (the same goes for these),

Bakewell Pudding (not the normal Bakewell Tarts but the Pudding kind) I tried a small sample of it once and couldn't even manage to swallow it as it was so horrible, I just had to spit it out in a tissue! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yorkshire Pudding (I would retch if made to eat any),

Donuts (the same goes for these),

Bakewell Pudding (not the normal Bakewell Tarts but the Pudding kind) I tried a small sample of it once and couldn't even manage to swallow it as it was so horrible, I just had to spit it out in a tissue! :eek:

We've all been there.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    We've all been there.

Brilliant :D
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sauerkraut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Fixed :D

:eek: you said it :D
  • 36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tuna is vile
  • ladyloulouladyloulou Posts: 7,932
    Forum Member
    Broccoli = mouldy cauliflower *VOM*
    Olives = Chewy greasy snotballs *double VOM*
    Mussels = Slugs (my hubby eats these and pulls hairy bits off them and leaves the bits on the side of the plate, i have to leave the room, and i refuse to wash the plate VOMVOMVOM!
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boiled sprouts, rhubarb, grapefruit, mushrooms, green beans, Christmas cake.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Olives and steak for me!

:eek:
    /|\
  • j4the1j4the1 Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mushrooms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Olives and steak for me!

:eek:
    /|\

i'm with you on the olives but i love a steak

tinned tongue hahahahaha who eats that!!
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    It was a type of cheese, i've forgotten which now.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Seaweed.

I went to school with a Chinese kid who ate it as a snack all the time. I tried a bit and nearly threw up. It tasted like a particularly unpleasant mouthful of seawater. Absolutely rancid.

Can't stand shellfish of any kind either.

I'm allergic to kidney. It makes me violently sick and even the smell of steak and kidney pudding makes me reach.