Options

Shows you gave up watching this year

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't given up on any yet, but the shine has really gone on several and there are a couple I won't be returning to once the season finishes.

I think I'm suffering TV fatigue, tbh.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrow
    Agents of Shield
    Revenge
    Nashville

I've got the feeling there's another one....

The enish girl in agents of shield really needs to get something done about her awful eyebrows, too thick, big and they almost meet up.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agents of Shield
    Homeland
    The Following
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NCIS - Will probably go back to it at some point but for now I am bored with it
    Dracula - watched one episode so hardly invested any time in it. Found the show tedious instead of exciting.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,293
    Forum Member
    Agents of Shield - on the verge of giving up, though will give it a couple more episodes.

Sleepy Hollow - just couldn't get into it

Defiance - a good way to help you get to sleep

Arrow and Blacklist are wavering at the moment...

Helix - it was that bad, that it made watching Big Brother on 5+1 instead of it a viable option :D

Currently watching Battlestar Galactica on Sky 2, approaching the last few episodes... it's hard work seeing this through to the end, especially knowing what negativity the ending received!

On a more positive note, we liked the opening episode of The 100, and really liked Amazon's 'The After' (and glad to hear that's going to be a series now) - quality cast and pilot.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike and Molly - don't even know why this was funny
    Rake - I'm giving it a go but I don't think I'll be watching past the next episode
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Agents of Shield - on the verge of giving up, though will give it a couple more episodes.

Sleepy Hollow - just couldn't get into it

Defiance - a good way to help you get to sleep

Arrow and Blacklist are wavering at the moment...

Helix - it was that bad, that it made watching Big Brother on 5+1 instead of it a viable option :D

Currently watching Battlestar Galactica on Sky 2, approaching the last few episodes... it's hard work seeing this through to the end, especially knowing what negativity the ending received!

On a more positive note, we liked the opening episode of The 100, and really liked Amazon's 'The After' (and glad to hear that's going to be a series now) - quality cast and pilot.

Brilliant
    I did have one of the best naps of my life watching that show
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suburgatory, New Girl, Dallas. Thinking of giving up Revenge.

Struggling to find anything decent (non sci fi) to watch these days.
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Elementary - I actually think it's a good show but after watching S3 of Sherlock I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore
    Almost Human - just a cop show set in the future, not enough to hold me
    The Tomorrow People - meh
    Agents of Shield - couldn't bring myself to care about any of them
    Sleepy Hollow - too much religion

Currently wavering with Resurrection (too much religion) and Continuum (too fractured, weird timeline anomalies messing with my head!)
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually fascinating to see. The same shows keep appearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up on Almost human after 5 episodes. I am waiting to see if it gets a second season. If it does, i will give the other 7 episodes a go, but it's does not take any advantage of the science fiction element though, it just feels like a cop show set in the future. I want more sci-fi.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given up with and will not go back to:-

Agents of Shield
    The Following
    Helix
    Revolution

Given up with, but may catch up with at a later date:-

Bates Motel
    Hannibal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    New Shows
    Gave Believe a try. Enjoyed pilot. But after that, it didn't hold my interest. Can't see it lasting a full season. Dodgy camera work, shocking acting, bad scripting, and not enough for me to stay with it.

Crisis was pure cringe for me. Very soapy. Couldn't care less about any of the teenagers, and the dad (villain) behind the whole thing didn't convince me to even last past 1 episode.

Current shows
    Revenge is just going round in circles now. The woman who plays Victoria becomes more cringe-worthy by the episode and I don't think many people even care about her revenge now. :D

Scandal seems to be going to same way as well. Don't think I will stop watching, but some of the sub plots bore me. And I wish they would just forget about Fitz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    script-writing even..:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying we shouldn't criticise Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because Joss Whedon has a good reputation? How silly...

To be fair, I don't think Joss Whedon is that heavily involved in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I think he's supervising Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, but his role has been played up because he's moderately well known...

Joss Whedon has little to nothing to do with SHIELD. He apparently cast his eye over bad scripts and said they were bad, back in the beginning, but I can only assume nobody listened and that was the last input he had on the show, as it's been dreadfully boring.

What Joss Whedon actually does well is ensemble stuff. And that's how you can tell how little he's had to do with SHIELD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on Almost human after 5 episodes. I am waiting to see if it gets a second season. If it does, i will give the other 7 episodes a go, but it's does not take any advantage of the science fiction element though, it just feels like a cop show set in the future. I want more sci-fi.

Almost Human was great, we thought, but it would have been so much more enjoyable if almost every single episode hadn't been shown completely out of order by Fox, who seemingly went out of their way to ruin the flow. The relationship that developed between the cop and robot was really fun. And it was nice to have a scifi cop show that had a sense of humour. I just wish there had been more over-arching story to it.

99.99999% certain to never return, sadly, or we'd have heard aaaages ago about a second series being booked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »

I see this view a lot, but it's been one of our favourite shows. Rattles along at a cracking pace every week, it's been good fun. Totally ludicrous, but really good fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched a few episodes of Helix and it wasn't my cup of tea. The whole "there's a virus, we have to stop it from wiping out the world" has never interested me but i wanted to give it a go so i can say i did give it ago

I am tiny bit close to stop watching vampire diaries. Season 5 has been a total borefest. But i can't let one boring season stop me watching, as the four before it were MUST SEE TV for me. Here's hoping season 6 is a comeback.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched a few episodes of Helix and it wasn't my cup of tea. The whole "there's a virus, we have to stop it from wiping out the world" has never interested me but i wanted to give it a go so i can say i did give it ago

I am tiny bit close to stop watching vampire diaries. Season 5 has been a total borefest. But i can't let one boring season stop me watching, as the four before it were MUST SEE :blush:TV for me. Here's hoping season 6 is a comeback.

Christ! :o ... that reminds me I've watched 6/7 episodes of Helix and need to finish off the 1st season! :blush: ... I've started so I'll finish & all that! ;-)

(Same goes for once upon a time! ... still got season 3 to watch!) :)
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glee
    Sleepy Hollow
    Once Upon A Time
    Pretty Little Liars
    Maybe Lost Girl if Season 5 is like this season.
    Under The Dome

I've a feeling I've forgot a couple.
  • Options
    burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    We have given up on Walking Dead this season.
    Covert affairs I used to enjoy but have 8 eps of season 4 on the sky box unwatched.
    Helix I'm not sure we'll watch when it comes back on.

Revenge after season 1.

True Detective, I have 2 episodes to watch (plus tonights). Its just slow and I prefer crime dramas to be about the crime and who did it, rather than the detectives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have given up on Walking Dead this season.
    Covert affairs I used to enjoy but have 8 eps of season 4 on the sky box unwatched.
    Helix I'm not sure we'll watch when it comes back on.

Revenge after season 1.

True Detective, I have 2 episodes to watch (plus tonights). Its just slow and I prefer crime dramas to be about the crime and who did it, rather than the detectives.

Oh do watch at some point. Season 4 is one hell of a ride. Esepcially the last 6 episodes. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up on Grimm and Arrow.

I'm sticking with The Following to the end of Series 2 for pure comedy value and to see how ridiculous it ends up. If they do S3 I wont be bothering though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D I gave up with after 3 episodes. There wasn't any engaging characters or stories really there for me, sure the comedy element was good fun at times but there was too much for me. I have heard it gets better?

Helix I stopped watching also after 3 episodes. It just didn't excite me unfortunately. Though now that there will be a second season I might persevere with it? Should I?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Joss Whedon has little to nothing to do with SHIELD. He apparently cast his eye over bad scripts and said they were bad, back in the beginning, but I can only assume nobody listened and that was the last input he had on the show, as it's been dreadfully boring.

What Joss Whedon actually does well is ensemble stuff. And that's how you can tell how little he's had to do with SHIELD.

There were rumours he was rewritting scripts last minute, which would imply he was reasonably involved in the show.

Do we know with certainty he's not that involved, or are we assuming he isn't because there's no way somebody of his stature could write Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Whilst I get the impression he isn't heavily involved in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. you know what the say about assuming, and I think it would be foolish to assume Joss Whedon never makes mistakes...