The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Ordered a second smart phone of the same make, but £30 this time and no micro SIM. Delivered today, next day delivery from yours truly, Carphone Warehouse.
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool and cloudy here, though not really as wet as forecast so we were lucky!

Yay for the dress, Sad! :D

The last two days have been spent on paperwork and tidying the house, though I managrd to fit in a visit to a friend for fish and chips too!

Both knackered - yawning competition going on!
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Ordered a second smart phone of the same make, but £30 this time and no micro SIM. Delivered today, next day delivery from yours truly, Carphone Warehouse.

Managed to connect this second phone to tinternet finally. As there is no credit on the SIM, I can't be charged for internet usage. Meow.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to connect this second phone to tinternet finally. As there is no credit on the SIM, I can't be charged for internet usage. Meow.

Why do you need 2 phones? Are you dealing narcotics?
    Forum Member
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Why do you need 2 phones? Are you dealing narcotics?

I have more than 2 phones of various types and that comment is way out of order, IMO. Take a guess, whether I'm a drug dealer or not. What is wrong with you. I have a reputation to keep around here you know, and if I were dealing, the police would be here within 5 seconds and I'd be spending some time in the clink. I have more than 1 phone simply because they were cheap to buy and can act as spares if others go faulty, stop working or there is a power cut.

:mad:

ETA. If you want to take me on, bring it on. I'll own you, no worries. Nuff said. You've crossed the line there.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have more than 2 phones of various types and that comment is way out of order, IMO. Take a guess, whether I'm a drug dealer or not. What is wrong with you. I have a reputation to keep around here you know, and if I were dealing, the police would be here within 5 seconds and I'd be spending some time in the clink. I have more than 1 phone simply because they were cheap to buy and can act as spares if others go faulty, stop working or there is a power cut.

:mad:

ETA. If you want to take me on, bring it on. I'll own you, no worries. Nuff said. You've crossed the line there.

No offence meant. Tongue in cheek comment.
    Forum Member
    Overnight I became a sun worshipper. Well not overnight, as you can't see the sun at night, but the first thing the next morning.

Taken from the below. Contains very strong language.

George Carlin - Religion is bullshit [HQ DVD-Rip][Subs]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RT6rL2UroE

Joe Pesci doesn't eff around. :p
    Forum Member
    farmer bob wrote: »
    No offence meant. Tongue in cheek comment.

It's ok. Sometimes I can get really stroppy for no reason. It's just the way I am.
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I quite like being stroppy for no reason. Can't keep it up for long, though. :D

Morning! I've been up for ages, while the boys snore on... Slobby weekend coming up I think.
  • ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Phew! Glad peace and harmony restored, it was all looking a bit gangsta when I peeked in earlier..... where were the puppies and kittens and pink fluffy things?!?! ;):D

I've been on one of my silent spells for a while but all plods along here. YoungPlum had her arm out of plaster and all seems to be well with it. I've been working extremely long weeks but the money has helped and hopefully if it continues for a while longer it should see me through any quiet spells. I really need some time off, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Hello farmerbob btw, I don't think we've met. :)

handy, I'm looking forward to kitty pics, loving the names! :D

KJ, I loved your crossword clue, I sniggered :D

snoWY, hope you had/are having a good trip to Eire!

Laura, for gods sake, i hope you get into a good sleep pattern soon, you must be exhausted!

batty, you're like a whirlwind at times, dashing hither and thither in a busy manner - always stuff going on! I don't know how you do it!

Sad, glad you treated yourself to the dress... now you need to get some new shoes, a bag, maybe a nice scarf.... and a lunch out ... some cake ... a movie, another nice dress, get your hair done! Treat yourself, you deserve it!

jra - I see you had a holiday, no doubt you'll have another one, you're irrepressible at times, but we wouldn't change you! :D

I'll try and keep posting, I don't mean to go quiet, by the time I usually get to settle down for some quiet surfing, I'm too tired lately.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    Slobby weekend coming up I think.

this somewhat contradicts my comment about you in my last post .... :D
    Forum Member
    ImaPlum wrote: »
    this somewhat contradicts my comment about you in my last post .... :D

:D

Spookily, I almost added a *where is our Plummy* bit to my post, and here you are. :)

My life, for the time being at least, is either all go or all stop. Today has to be a stop day. We're just all too knackered. I'm sure you know how that feels.

So glad to hear little one's arm is well on the mend. :)
    Forum Member
    :D

Spookily, I almost added a *where is our Plummy* bit to my post, and here you are. :)

My life, for the time being at least, is either all go or all stop. Today has to be a stop day. We're just all too knackered. I'm sure you know how that feels.

So glad to hear little one's arm is well on the mend. :)

:D @ "little one", I wish - those days are long since gone, she's very nearly as tall as me!

I know what you mean about "stop day", I should have one tomorrow, but too much to do that I've been putting off so I've just got to work out which will make me feel better, relaxing all day, or the satisfaction of getting something done. I'll see how I feel in the morning.
    Forum Member
    ImaPlum wrote: »
    jra - I see you had a holiday, no doubt you'll have another one, you're irrepressible at times, but we wouldn't change you! :D

Thank you Ima. Sometimes on DS, people are just in there to wind me up and I shouldn't take the bait, but there you go.

You'd have thought I'd have leant by now.

ETA. As for being irrepressible. True, true. I can spot an idiot a mile off (DS is overflowing with them, it pains me to say) and I don't suffer fools gladly. I tell it as it is.

ETA2. It's all very complicated, because I have been recently diagnosed as dyslexic by an NHS consultant, yet my IQ is well above the average at about 135, so it is a bit embarrassing that I can't spell for a toffee and need to resort to a spell checker all the time.

ETA3. Sorry to bleat on, but this latest woman I've met recently has been a great comfort to me and I'm calming down a bit. Hopefully.
    Forum Member
    I've said in the past I don't take too much stock in IQs as in intelligent idiots.

But.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_an_IQ_of_135_mean
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,096
    Forum Member
    good afternoon grumpy pals.....have been mainly alseep
  • looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    good afternoon grumpy pals.....have been mainly alseep

Lucky you:D:D:D I've forgotten what sleep is
    Hello Plum glad you're both doing well
    Jra count to ten, easier said than done
    Telly is rubbish:mad:
    Hope all well the gowland.
    Forum Member
    Well, the sun is shining again, so I'm happy! :)

I've a monster week coming up, though. Eek.
    Forum Member
    I've said in the past I don't take too much stock in IQs as in intelligent idiots.

But.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_an_IQ_of_135_mean

One of my lecturers (back in the day) had a very profitable sideline in creating IQ and aptitude tests for businesses. He often used us, his students, as guinea pigs, and it was fascinating stuff. :cool:
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    One of my lecturers (back in the day) had a very profitable sideline in creating IQ and aptitude tests for businesses. He often used us, his students, as guinea pigs, and it was fascinating stuff. :cool:

Talking of guinea pigs, this looks very scientific:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYU-jR4ai8&feature=youtu.be
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,096
    Forum Member
    woo hoo all
    Forum Member
    Lucky you:D:D:D I've forgotten what sleep is
    Hello Plum glad you're both doing well
    Jra count to ten, easier said than done
    Telly is rubbish:mad:
    Hope all well the gowland.

Thanks Laura. Sometimes, I do need to step back from the keyboard.
    Forum Member
    woo hoo all

Hi snowy and everybody else that are part of the crew.
  • looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Walks in and walks back out again:eek::eek::eek: quiet in here:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    My monster of a week begins... Roll on Friday!