Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all! I haven't posted properly for quite a while so just wanted to pop in and say ello!

Everyone doing well I hope?

Super excited for the blast next week and loved the Brendan mention on E4 Tonight! (Finally!) I am also sooooo looking forward to Nancy coming back into the show again, she was looking fab this week.

Later has been pretty decent, the Tony storyline is pretty good but Don is totally getting on my nerves. I adore Finn and Tony is just great as always. The Esther/Tilly/Jade strand is definitely my favourite and the actress playing Holly has pulled it out of the bag. The teen stuff has actually been quite surprising in a decent way.

Anyway! I shall be off. :D
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Does anyone die tonight?
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ds3090 wrote: »
    Jim is brilliant! He's been so sneaky and played both sides off perfectly, plus he's perfect for Carmel!

I really like Jim, but I cannot stand Carmel. I know its not going to happen really but I was hoping she might be one of the deaths!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just figured out that Tony's in an episode of Lost.. not sure if you guys had that show in the UK. Similar stuff happened there and I didn't understand that either.
    ~ I think he might be dead the whole time. He's tripping the light fantastic.

Bit nervous about the explosion as I've been made to believe that my future boyfriend is about to get killed off the show.
    Some say the world will end in fire.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like we are missing a full generation of late teens/20 something characters in HO at the moment.

With the death in HO Later most of the teens have died, Neil, Jono, Maddie and now
    Callum
    apart from
    Esther, Tilly, George, Ruby and Phoebe
    but what about the HO College and students from there with the dorms that live there now? We had Will, Ash, Barney, Scott, Annalise and Rob and it seems we never see the SU bar now either!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm getting so annoyed with this Will polt now.
    Didn't he and Dodger have a stand off at Texas's grave when will said he only wanted Texas so dodger couldnt have her.. so whhat was all that "she went from my bed to yours" crap?!
    It's like the writers cant remember this plot they are just making it as they go.

I can't wait for sienna to get found out, looks like Tom has all he evidence he needs...

Enjoying Later- Is everything going to be wrapped up and ended in tonights, it is only for a week isn't it?

I dont get the female obsessed with esther ( sorry her name escapes me..) Is she a bit nuts and her boyfriends not real..?
    If some one could explain that i would really appreciate it.

Weirdly.. I had a dream about Will last night how i tried to strangle him but let him go because he told me i couldn't get away with it..
    I don't think I'm getting cast as the next silas.. but it would be cool!
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member

I dont get the female obsessed with esther ( sorry her name escapes me..) Is she a bit nuts and her boyfriends not real..?
    Her boyfriend died of a drug overdose and Esther received his liver. Jade saw the letter Esther wrote to his parents thanking them and tracked her down, hell bent on seeing if Esther was living life to the full. Now she's assumed she's not, she wants the liver back :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    Her boyfriend died of a drug overdose and Esther received his liver. Jade saw the letter Esther wrote to his parents thanking them and tracked her down, hell bent on seeing if Esther was living life to the full. Now she's assumed she's not, she wants the liver back :eek:

Everything was so much sense now.. I quite like her character.. odd but she acts it well.. Like Cassie from skins if you've ever seen her. I hope she's not a temp cast.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything was so much sense now.. I quite like her character.. odd but she acts it well.. Like Cassie from skins if you've ever seen her. I hope she's not a temp cast.

I lovee Cassie. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »

Just wondering though, would the liver have been any good if her BF died of a drugs overdose, would that not have been the first organ to fail?
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    Just wondering though, would the liver have been any good if her BF died of a drugs overdose, would that not have been the first organ to fail?

I have just looked up cocaine overdose ( I think that was the drug used by how they took it). The symptoms are as follows:

faster, irregular or weak heartbeat
    breathing problems
    heart failure
    heart attack
    bleeding blood vessels in the brain
    death
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It feels like we are missing a full generation of late teens/20 something characters in HO at the moment.

With the death in HO Later most of the teens have died, Neil, Jono, Maddie and now
    Callum
    apart from
    but what about the HO College and students from there with the dorms that live there now? We had Will, Ash, Barney, Scott, Annalise and Rob and it seems we never see the SU bar now either!

They got rid of them, as they fought they had too many characters and they did not need to students.
    I'm getting so annoyed with this Will polt now.
    Didn't he and Dodger have a stand off at Texas's grave when will said he only wanted Texas so dodger couldnt have her.. so whhat was all that "she went from my bed to yours" crap?!
    It's like the writers cant remember this plot they are just making it as they go.

I can't wait for sienna to get found out, looks like Tom has all he evidence he needs...

Enjoying Later- Is everything going to be wrapped up and ended in tonights, it is only for a week isn't it?

Weirdly.. I had a dream about Will last night how i tried to strangle him but let him go because he told me i couldn't get away with it..
    I don't think I'm getting cast as the next silas.. but it would be cool!

Tbh it looks like from the e4 epi they are making Dodger starting to suspect Willl. So i think leading up to this week we will see that. Unless he is one of the victims i think he maybe with the help of Patrick will take Will down.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Ds3090 wrote: »
    Jim is brilliant! He's been so sneaky and played both sides off perfectly, plus he's perfect for Carmel!

Callum
    apart from

I like Jim but I think himself and Carmel are so mismatched. its only going to be a matter of time before Carmel finds out Myra is alive and that will kill their relationship for good

we all complained about the teens and students for so long that maybe the producers finally listening to the fans. we still have tilly, esther, george, phoebe etc thats more than enough
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member

There has been much discussion on the HO Later thread, and the conclusion was I think that yes you're right the liver would be fecked, but this is Hollyoaks so don't let the facts get in the way of a sensational storyline :D
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    we all complained about the teens and students for so long that maybe the producers finally listening to the fans. we still have tilly, esther, george, phoebe etc thats more than enough

More's the pity. Of all the teens to kill off, Callum would have been near the bottom of my list. I've never been a big fan, but I'd take him 100 times over the likes of Vincent, George, Tilly and Ruby. Alas, they are still with us. :mad:

Anyway, everyone seen Laurie Duncan's VT? He seems such a sweetie. Good luck to him. I hope he does well.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    More's the pity. Of all the teens to kill off, Callum would have been near the bottom of my list. I've never been a big fan, but I'd take him 100 times over the likes of Vincent, George, Tilly and Ruby. Alas, they are still with us. :mad:

Anyway, everyone seen Laurie Duncan's VT? He seems such a sweetie. Good luck to him. I hope he does well.

Agreed I liked Calum, I dont get George at all or Vincent but I like the Girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I quite like Callum and I sort of get why he's a bit messed up, i mean he lost Maddie and he was bent on her, so it makes sense why he's a total cad with women. I just wish there was a bit more to the plots with him than him following his pecker.
    I dont know whether it's open knowledge but whats all i heard about Holly getting re-cast? How would that work that she'd be played by a different person?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I lovee Cassie. :D

Bet you're a fan of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter too :P
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member

I think Ruby is a good character and the actress is decent, but I do not care for the others you have mentioned. Some people may like them though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - He would have been at the top of my list! :D
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ruby is a good character and the actress is decent, but I do not care for the others you have mentioned. Some people may like them though.

I've never understood why people like Ruby so much. Super bitch one minute, blushing virgin the next, then back to being a nasty bully, then all coy and caring. I don't believe nice Ruby, she just doesn't convince me, and Anna Shaffer is so much better playing the bitch.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we ever get an explanation as to why Ruby didn't go to her best friends 18thg?

Also, Callum is a clever boy! How he didn't think that informing Jade that his ex-girlfriend and two of his friends all dies in a huge explosion a year ago might make her see them all differently, I don't know.

"You've never lost anyone"
    "Err awkward - I live in Hollyoaks"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    "Err awkward - I live in Hollyoaks"
    haha love that quote!!

Little surpsised to see Callum being stabbed with the frickin' sword though..

And what the heck is Jade going to do with the liver any way.. she's the one who forced Esther into drinking wasn't she?
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    "Err awkward - I live in Hollyoaks"[/
    QUOTE]
    haha love that quote!!

Little surpsised to see Callum being stabbed with the frickin' sword though..

And what the heck is Jade going to do with the liver any way.. she's the one who forced Esther into drinking wasn't she?

Fry it with some onions maybe??
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why people like Ruby so much. Super bitch one minute, blushing virgin the next, then back to being a nasty bully, then all coy and caring. I don't believe nice Ruby, she just doesn't convince me, and Anna Shaffer is so much better playing the bitch.

Ruby is badly written sometimes but she is a good character and is likeable most of the time but she needs more depth she's quite underused.