Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 14)

Comments

• Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    Oh dear oh dear - they've given him the JIVE.:eek:

He's going home then.

I was hoping for more ballroom, Viennese Waltz or Foxtrot. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya's creeping up on me. In a good way.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat looks so relaxed today. Love him there! :)

BUT, I hated that Samba song with a passion! :cry::cry::cry:

Can't agree with Karen with many things about Ben improving, or Susanna's waltz deserving a ten or Abbey's Fosse influenced Charleston was really that good. Hmm, but I still liked her trying to explain how things are supposed to be done to look good.

She mentioned Mark finally, must have riled many, many people right now. :D
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat looks so relaxed today. Love him there! :)

BUT, I hated that Samba song with a passion! :cry::cry::cry:

You have to embrace its fabulous cheesy drama.

I remember when it came out - I was too cool to approve, but secretly ADORED it.

;)

Or you can watch the dance without the music.:D
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember when it came out - I was too cool to approve, but secretly ADORED it.

;)

The Strictly band could end that adoration!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

;)

He might change my perception of that song, of course. The rumba music that Kara and Artem used always creeped me out, but because I liked the dance so much, I could now tolerate it (but only when it's accompanied by the dance, never without it).

I have this sick feeling that this song is also a recycled song?:confused:
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

;)

Just imagine Anya's samba dress!!! ;);)
    Tiny, green, yellow and lots of feathers....:eek::o

Disclaimer: I am still straight!!! :eek::o
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Copa was St Jill of Halfpenny's samba.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

Hahaha! I do really love you :):D:):D
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I thought Mark was as clear as he could be that the rumba wasn't their choice of song or character. No way would he have said that like that if it was all Iveta's choice, he thinks the world of her. (On the results show little film on the website, he cries when he tries to say how brilliant she is.) I was so hoping he'd get a ballroom.

Patrick and Anya were on good form too. He relaxing again and happy, which is lovely.

Karen was kind, kinder than I'd have been to a couple of people, but I'm not complaining at that. I thought her point about the legs and the arms was interesting - I like it best when she does explain choreography not just act as a fifth judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How can you be? I became gay with Pasha, and now you are a lassy with his former lover, Anya! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jtnorth wrote: »
    I thought Mark was as clear as he could be that the rumba wasn't their choice of song or character. No way would he have said that like that if it was all Iveta's choice, he thinks the world of her. (On the results show little film on the website, he cries when he tries to say how brilliant she is.) I was so hoping he'd get a ballroom.

Patrick and Anya were on good form too. He relaxing again and happy, which is lovely.

Karen was kind, kinder than I'd have been to a couple of people, but I'm not complaining at that. I thought her point about the legs and the arms was interesting - I like it best when she does explain choreography not just act as a fifth judge.

I sincerely hope Blackpool is not his last dance! :cry:

But it's jive. :cry:
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen seems to be discussing dance technique this year and not choreography as such. There are occasional dances where she comments on the choreography. More often it seems to be skated over with a generalised comment about lots of content.

I remember when she pointed out how clever X or Y was with the details such as repeated steps to give the celebrity less to learn. Seems very little of this these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Karen seems to be discussing dance technique this year and not choreography as such. There are occasional dances where she comments on the choreography. More often it seems to be skated over with a generalised comment about lots of content.

I remember when she pointed out how clever X or Y was with the details such as repeated steps to give the celebrity less to learn. Seems very little of this these days.

That's because Zoe was banging on about what and why the judges made those post dance comments. She had to respond to Zoe, right?

Zoe, please ask things like "So how is this great for Ben?" or "How is doing a Fosse styled Charleston worked for Abbey?" kind of questions would have made her say more about the choreography...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I kind of got the impression that he feels Blackpool might be their swansong and that hes just going to enjoy it. I hope not as i really like the two of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of got the impression that he feels Blackpool might be their swansong and that hes just going to enjoy it. I hope not as i really like the two of them.

Nah, I think he knows deep inside Samba is a difficult dance and he's not going to get the same 'high' as he did with his AS.

But I think Mark thought Blackpool would be his swansong. Which might be true because he's doing a jive. :cry:
    Forum Member
    How can you be? I became gay with Pasha, and now you are a lassy with his former lover, Anya! :eek:

Its still HIM over her though!!! :D:D:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its still HIM over her though!!! :D:D:o:o

You are such a tart! A sweet, sweet tart, I must hasten to add. :D
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member

Do you mean Mark or Patrick? Because if Mark, I agree with you, that's how it came across to me as well.

I think Zoe's question to Patrick was the first time someone's been asked a straight-out question about the final, and I thought was pushing the idea of Patrick as the top of the men and very likely to be in till the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Mark or Patrick? Because if Mark, I agree with you, that's how it came across to me as well.

I think Zoe's question to Patrick was the first time someone's been asked a straight-out question about the final, and I thought was pushing the idea of Patrick as the top of the men and very likely to be in till the end.

I actually meant Mark!:eek: Highlighted the wrong bit!:D
    No i think Patrick will be around for a while yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually meant Mark!:eek: Highlighted the wrong bit!:D
    No i think Patrick will be around for a while yet

Now it makes sense. I agree, but sadly so re Mark...:cry:
    Forum Member
    You are such a tart! A sweet, sweet tart, I must hasten to add. :D

I can be tarty for the right cause...:rolleyes::D:o

But anyway I will not prattle too much here in case I cause offence to the MF PTB... :D

Gutted that Mark got the jive this weekend.... The BEEB PTB want him out... :(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can be tarty for the right cause...:rolleyes::D:o

But anyway I will not prattle too much here in case I cause offence to the MF PTB... :D

Gutted that Mark got the jive this weekend.... The BEEB PTB want him out... :(:(

Yeah, I think the producers thought it's his time. I mean they gave Fiona AS in Blackpool, and how would she fail in that dance with Anton?:eek:
  • fawkesfawkes Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Poena wrote: »
    I missed that - what was said please?

Hi Poena

Um, don't quote me as I haven't rewatched or anything, but I think Mark said something along the lines of he didn't like the song much and so it was really hard to get into character, but sometimes when you are given a song like that, you just have to do the best you can...

Hope that's about right, anyone?!?
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is - quiet and nice, and a really professional pro. Reminds me a bit of Erin for some reason.

This is strange! When I look at her, I see a young Arlene Phillips.
This discussion has been closed.