Older men with young Asian wives

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been frequently posting on an immigration related forum, as my wife and I are currently going through the process (before you ask, we're both in our early 20's so no major age gap) however through posting on this forum, I notice a heck of a lot of older men who petition to bring their Thai/Filipina/Vietnamese wives to the United States mainly (as it is a US based immigration forum)

What do people think of this? blatant green card scam? is she only marrying them for their rich western lifestyle in comparison to their poor towns, is it real love? if it is the former, is it such a bad thing, if its a marriage of convenience, the man gets a lovely young thing to service him to death and the young lady inherits his fortunes as well as gets a new and possibly better life in the western world.

Obviously there is not one answer, and not all old men/young women scenarios are marriages of conveniences, but having said that, not once did I come across and older woman petition for a young Filipino man, nor did I see a young Filipina petition for an older man to live in their home country.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scofield wrote: »
    Your thoughts?

Lucky bastards!
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Lucky bastards!

He is, but is she?
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Money.

And a passport.

Marriage should make no difference to immigration status or improve someone's chances of being allowed to stay here.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The men get a submissive housewife who under ordinary circumstances wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, the women get a passport and money to send back to their families. Win/win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is, but is she?

And a passport.

Marriage should make no difference to immigration status or improve someone's chances of being allowed to stay here.

That's an interesting point of view, why do you feel marriage should have no weight in immigration proceedings?
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Some will be for financial reasons. Poverty where the brides come from is quite terrible.
    Some will actually have found love.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    chaff wrote: »
    The men get a submissive housewife who under ordinary circumstances wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, the women get a passport and money to send back to their families. Win/win.

I know one lady who was most certainly the boss! No submissiveness about her at all. He was totally smitten.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A modern form of slavery.

No better than me going to Africa finding a starving family and buying a daughter a sex save for life in exchange for giving her and her family money.

win/win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    A modern form of slavery.

No better than me going to Africa finding a starving family and buying a sex save for life in exchange for giving her and her family money.

Thats quite a bold statement, I can see where you are coming from - but from what I can see, no one is forcing them to:

1) Marry the older man

2) Go through the whole immigrant paperwork process and interview with Immigration officers

3) Not return after moving to the foreign country at any point
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fifty odd year old friend married a 34 year old Thai woman he met when working out there, they seemed genuine and happy, he's moved there now. They didn't seem like a marriage of convenience.

When I was out in derby one evening I was chatting to two older blokes late fifties early sixties and they blatantly told me their wives (who wernr with them) were "mail order" brides. Again though, they weren't bragging, it was a conversation and they had been married for some time.

So, I suppose if it is a marriage of convenience so long as one person isn't getting the better deal and it's equal and respectful then who am I to judge?
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before the days of women's liberation and the welfare state it was very common for a young woman in the west to marry a much older, comparatively wealthier man. A man in his 40's for instance would likely be much richer than a man in his 20's. It's natural for a woman to want security for herself and any offspring she may produce.

I think people forget that many of these young Asian women come from places that have no welfare state, poor wages, shanty towns, massively high levels of poverty, poor sanitation, disease, poor medical facilities, high levels of child mortality. The list goes on. If you lived like this, having a good looking young husband falls way down on your list of priorities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats quite a bold statement, I can see where you are coming from - but from what I can see, no one is forcing them to:

1) Marry the older man

2) Go through the whole immigrant paperwork process and interview with Immigration officers

3) Not return after moving to the foreign country at any point

Your right no one is forcing them, but they are being forced into becoming a sex slave due to their circumstances (often poverty) . People taking advantages of that to "buy" the woman are scum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your right no one is forcing them, but they are being forced into becoming a slave due to their circumstances (often poverty) . People taking advantages of that to "buy" the woman are scum.

A slave? Where do you get that from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    A slave? Where do you get that from?
    They are being "bought" are they not?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are being "bought" are they not?

No, they are not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your right no one is forcing them, but they are being forced into becoming a slave due to their circumstances. People taking advantages of that to "buy" the woman are scum.

I agree with you when you say "buy" - some of these men view these women as commodities, some not a lot on this forum, were petition for the second and even third time for their spouses - meaning that they married a woman from say the Philippines, after x amount of years it didn't work out divorced, so they petitioned for another Fillipina, that didn't work out either, so they're onto the next one, I kid you not.

I find it hard to believe that you just happened to find love 3 separate times with someone who is from the Philippines and not have been looking for it, so I think a lot of people do look for these women, and view them as a commodity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they are not.
    Stop the payments and see what happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you when you say "buy" - some of these men view these women as commodities, some not a lot on this forum, were petition for the second and even third time for their spouses - meaning that they married a woman from say the Philippines, after x amount of years it didn't work out divorced, so they petitioned for another Fillipina, that didn't work out either, so they're onto the next one, I kid you not.

I find it hard to believe that you just happened to find love 3 separate times with someone who is from the Philippines and not have been looking for it, so I think a lot of people do look for these women, and view them as a commodity.

But that's the case anywhere to some degree.

There are men in the west who marry western women and treat them like shit. Like slaves. With no respect.

This sort of behaviour isn't exclusive to men who bring women from the third world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop the payments and see what happens.

What payments?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The sickening part is when the man do claim that they and the "wife" (sex slave) are in love, because they have fooled themselves into thinking its true.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British women are pretty much useless whether in the bed or the kitchen, hence newer fresher and prettier women from the East are comming to take over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that's the case anywhere to some degree.

There are men in the west who marry western women and treat them like shit. Like slaves. With no respect.

This sort of behaviour isn't exclusive to men who bring women from the third world.

Oh god yeah, I was never saying it was specific to Asian women.

But I did find it strange, one person posted on this forum, he had a kid with this women, she had an affair for the best part of a year, so he said something to the effect, he wanted to get another one. - Men married to these Filipinas, and the Filipinas themselves say, Filipinas make the best wives, that's why men want to marry them so much - and blame the western woman being too independent and not having dinner on the table etc, but that's a discussion for another forum, but I think that is a reason behind it, the whole 50's mentality of having the ironing and dinner done etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What payments?
    Go to the sites and have a look at the conditions.They are not "dating sites", you will find out what you sign up for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    British women are pretty much useless whether in the bed or the kitchen, hence newer fresher and prettier women from the East are comming to take over.

What's that word I'm looking for now?

Rhymes with Scrollocks.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the gay world, it's not uncommon to see an older white man with a younger Asian either.