DSFE 54 - If I Go to Reading

dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello everyone, and welcome to the 54th edition of DS Fantasy Eurovision, and we have returned to England once more. And for this occasion we could only go to one place. Ofcourse we are in majestic Reading

And what got us here, well it was the winning song of If I Go, but the incredible Ella Eyre.

For this contest I'm gonna introduce something a little different, however the rules remain the same, they are:

RULES
•An entry cannot be recorded before the year 2000.
•The song mustn't exceed five minutes in length.
•Former Eurovision stars are allowed, but cannot be with the same song they performed in the contest, or at any national pre-selection.
•The song cannot have appeared in the UK Top 40
•The song mustn't have been used in DSFE already. Please refer to our WIKIA for this.
•The artist must be from your country or have ties through parents or grandparents. If the tie is unclear, please give me the information you have so I can ensure it is acceptable.

So onto countries.

This contest, as I mentioned previously, I am going for a mix between picks and random. So what I have here are five groups of countries. These groups have been sorted, by my own tiering of everycountry, and then splitting fairly between the groups (i.e. each group has one of the top 5, one of the 6-10 ect.). I have also ignored microstates ect for this list.

What will happen is, when you sign up you will list these lists in order of preference. When sign-up's are closed, I will first assign each member a group (Dependant on the popularity of each group, you may not get your top ranking). I will then randomly select one of those countries in that group and that will be your country for the contest. Therefore if you want a specific country, you can request their group, but it's still up to luck if you get that country. Of course you will also be assigned a random second, lower tiered country. Here are the Groupings:
Group A
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
England
Poland

Group B
France
Hungary
Iceland
Netherlands
Russia

Group C
Finland
Germany
Ireland
Israel
Scotland

Group D
Armenia
Italy
Norway
Romania
Spain

Group E
Czech Republic
Malta
Sweden
Switzerland
Wales

I will try be as fair as possible when handing out the second country aswell.

ALl you need to do to sign up, is PM me with your list.

You have until WEDNESDAY 25th June AT 8:00PM to sign up. At which time I will start handing out countries

I will try organise some timeline for the contest asap, and let you know as soon as possible. Any questions, anything doesn't make sense please let me know by PM, or on the thread.

P.S. don't give away which group you want, as it may become easy to figure out your country later on. So keep that hush hush.

So I'll leave you now. Yall need time, and yall need space. You need to live without my face. But If I go, will you love me? Will you love me until I can? Have a great contest....

Comments

• yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,194
    Forum Member
    So we need to rank all 5 groups in order of preference, & the country we get from this stage is the 'good' country? Then the 'bad' country is picked at complete random from all the rest? Sorry :blush:
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    So we need to rank all 5 groups in order of preference, & the country we get from this stage is the 'good' country? Then the 'bad' country is picked at complete random from all the rest? Sorry :blush:

Yes indeed. I'll try make it fair in relation to the bad country aswell, i.e. if you get the hardest in your group, I won't give ya Georgia. Unless of course you want to??

Also forgot to mention, I won't be replying to sign ups. But will post lists of our signups periodically.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    What if the two countries that we want are not on that list? They are considered minor countries here, can we ask for them directly? Thanks.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yayyy at having DSFE in pretty much my hometown! :D I was tempted for Reading back when I won with England but thought it'd be an injustice if London wasn't given the hosting rights. :p

Signing up now, praying I get the country I want from my top group. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chonto wrote: »
    What if the two countries that we want are not on that list? They are considered minor countries here, can we ask for them directly? Thanks.

yep sure. As long as they aren't like the countries that can pick from any of the countries listed..

To add to this, please also include a list of the groups, incase the countries you would like to request, are requested by someone else. In that case, I can ensure you get one good country, if you cant get one of the countries you want..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Ok, thanks, Dylan. I will try again then if I get those countries. They are really not popular here at all. I see the passing to semis as a challenge, not expecting anything else.
  • March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to Sweden between July 11th and 18th. I'm gonna have WiFi (I made sure my hotel would have internet!) and will almost certainly have free time in order to score countries and things, but I'm still a little hesitant to sign up just in case things don't quite go as planned...
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should of read this whole thread before entering... sorry for spamming you with 3 PM's :blush:
  • Jem CasperJem Casper Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Where is Albania? :S
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    Where is Albania? :S

http://www.operationworld.org/files/ow/maps/lgmap/alba-MMAP-md.png ???

Thought it was your home country tbf.

anyway thanks for all the sign ups ao far. To hot to get onto a computer, but so far have a very healthy amount of contestants ao far..
  • Jem CasperJem Casper Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    http://www.operationworld.org/files/ow/maps/lgmap/alba-MMAP-md.png ???

Thought it was your home country tbf.

anyway thanks for all the sign ups ao far. To hot to get onto a computer, but so far have a very healthy amount of contestants ao far..

Don't be rude to me.

I am asking where it is on the lists as it is one of the best countries.
  • March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    Don't be rude to me.

I am asking where it is on the lists as it is one of the best countries.

I'd personally hate to get Albania. But then, I'd also hate to get Spain, so... :p
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have signed up - am nervous though about the groups - there are only a few groups where I might have picked 1 of the countries, but knowing my luck I will get a country I have nothing for :D
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Great idea with the lists. :D I'll think up my ranking then get my PM in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I should of read this whole thread before entering... sorry for spamming you with 3 PM's :blush:

You and me both haha.
  • CAFCAF Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to vote although you don't participate (I have holidays soon and I am not sure if I have internet all the time)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAF wrote: »
    Is it possible to vote although you don't participate (I have holidays soon and I am not sure if I have internet all the time)?

Yep feel free to :D

Our 27 sign-ups so far. If your not on the list, but you pm'd me, let me know..

AcerBen
    Alexos
    AxG
    BethnalGreen
    brb
    dylanpartyon
    Carlisle156
    chonto
    EuanDesu
    Gwen 404
    jackel1234
    Jem Casper
    JordanC55
    March Mornings
    MiesBouwman
    mikabv
    MissMidgard
    nunaney
    penguinperson
    phil363
    Pooley
    poshbloke
    robotpuppy
    Samba-Star
    spinbrandispin
    stanld03
    yoshi94
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great, now I have "Dragostea din tei" in my head, after reading the sign-up list.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Great, now I have "Dragostea din tei" in my head, after reading the sign-up list.

Best song everrrrrrrrrr. I used to play World of Warcraft competitively, and the majority of my guild were Romanian. I spent the majority of my time singing it to them<3!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I now have a very strange mental image of both brb and AxG singing that song! :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me how the champion of champions works? Is it the top 5 finishes of each country that goes forward or something? :confused:
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me how the champion of champions works? Is it the top 5 finishes of each country that goes forward or something? :confused:

basically, yes, but an entry also qualifies if they won a qf or a sf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    basically, yes, but an entry also qualifies if they won a qf or a sf.

nice - thanks for that Gwen! :) needed it to be clear in my head so I can decide on groups lol :D
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice - thanks for that Gwen! :) needed it to be clear in my head so I can decide on groups lol :D

I think it's actually the top 4 rather than top 5, then you get extra qualifiers if the country won a contest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    I think it's actually the top 4 rather than top 5, then you get extra qualifiers if the country won a contest.

Hello stranger and thanks for that? Are you taking a break or playing this time round? :)